Springfield Country Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Bankes Arms Hotel(Corfe Castle)
View Hotel
Mortons House Hotel(Corfe Castle)
  • Breakfast included
Limestone Hotel(West Lulworth)
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roommonkey worlddouble ended bathlarge bathfree ticketsspa areabit datedbuffet stylegrounds are lovelythis lovely hotelunderfloor heatinggreat facilitieswedding receptionfull englishfamily rooma lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Decor and furnishings dated. Original room far too small for two adults and our pre-booked two large dogs. We were moved to an annexe room which was bigger and suitable for us all. This is not a luxury hotel and the "discerning" guests on their website are going to be sorely disappointed - no power shower, standard pine furniture, no extra blankets or pillows, 3 tissues stuffed into a tissue box, Dove and Lux handwash dispensers - luxury it is not. The breakfast is superb though and can't be faulted in quality and quantity and choice. I have never stayed in a dog friendly hotel where you can't take the dogs into the grounds or the bar or the lounge - in fact you can only have the dogs in your room. 60 yards from acres of heathland though so plenty of walks nearby and the local dog walking community was really friendly - they tell me this hotel is a joke locally but they don't find it funny that visitors to the area are being taken for a ride with high end prices and low end accommodation. If it wasn't for the local oil field executives - this hotel would be struggling. The staff were friendly and efficient

Room Tip: I believe the "executive" rooms are more up to date
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DogCharmerWorcs
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were greeted by very friendly staff and unlike other reviewers had no difficulty in finding the palce, due the the large sign post at the junction with the main road. The lounge furniture and carpets are dated, but we didn't spend much time in there.
Our room was well laid out and the TV wall mounted on a swivell, teh room was alwayd very very clean. There was an ample supply of tea/coffee in the room and reception will happily provide more if you run out.
We only had breakfast which consisted of a good choice of cereals/yogurts/tea/toast etc and they have a selection of hot food as well. The only draw back for me was that on Sunday it is all offferred as a buffet which is ok unless like me you are not a fan of buffet meals.

The indoor pool is very nice and they provide you with towels and a locker. The jacuzzi did not seem to be working on the Saturday, but had been fixed by Sunday morning. We were not brave enough to try the outside pool in Spetember!

There are some good pub/restaurants within a reasonable walking distance - The Kings Arms in Stoborough has lots of character; a little further on into Wareham and there is the Granary with good food and nice views of the river.

Its only a short drive to Corfe Castle and the Steam Train to Swanage (with park & ride) is also close. We took a trip into Weymouth, which is dated, but the beach is clean and relatively quiet in September as the kids have gone back to school.

Room Tip: Check out the room rate on teh Hotels own website - ours was cheaper than that offerred by Hotel websites
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. I was under the impression this was going to be a lush stay; but it was interesting experience instead.

When I arrived, they had my room number pre-allocated but could not find the key (a traditional one, not a swip one). They decided to take me up to the room with their spare key, as they were under suspicions about why the key wasn't there, and sure enough, there were occupants in the room - much to the embarrsament of the staff member who took me to the room!! I was promptly offered an upgrade - I'm not sure whether this was because the house was full, or becuase of the terrible error.

The room I got was lovely, very spacious, with a beautiful bathroom, including a very spacious bath. I had trouble turning the TV on, and eventually found the instruction book which indicated where the on/off button was (not evident on the model). As far as the room goes, I have no complaints. Comfy bed and pillows. Overlooking the well manicured gardens and pond. Clean, tidy, warm. No evident faults.

However, the dinner food was terrible. My colleagues and I were quite disappointed with the quality and taste of the food. The staff are friendly enough (yet there is room for improvement), but were either shy or intimidated by us, and this held back exceptional service.

Breakfast was under rated also. Several of my colleagues were unsatisfied with the English Breakfast (had to return a few plates to be re-cooked). I certainly was not offered toast both mornings and subsequently didn't get any; however others were offered and received it. Cereals, fruit, juices, were also on offer.

There is no atmopshere in the hotel, or both the restaurants! It feels awkward in that respect, particulary when there are few guests in the room. One of the 2 bars closes at 6.30pm.

The hotel is indeed dated. I have seen worse, but it is in need of some version of an uplift. I certainly felt that the Health Spa element (view of indoor pool & jacuzzi from the dinner restaurant looked univiting) would not be inviting for me if i was there for a spa treatment.

When I checked out, they asked me to pay for the newspapers - which I specifically declined and certainly did not receive. These you have to collect from reception, they are not deleivered to your room door. Not a big mistake, but when the hotel is lacking in the first place, these small touchs make a big influence.

I agree with others and recommend that you eat elsewhere - particulary for dinner. Breakfast is acceptable if you ask for what you want.

Shame really, as this hotel could really be something!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank High-Flier-Kiwi
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a very polite receptionist who took us personally to our room. The room was fantastic it was a suite beautifully furnished and very very clean the veiw was of the hotel gardens and pond which was lovely and tranquil, there was ample tea and coffee and we had proper cups and saucers not mugs. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a lovely deep bath. The receptionist returned with the sparkling wine we had ordered which we were very pleasantly surprisied with it was excellent, she also bought back an iron and ironing board we had requested, we wanted to give her a tip for her trouble but she refused it saying it was all in her job. After settling in we ventured down to the spa this was very welcomimg everything was very clean and we enjoyed the pool, steam room and sauna.
we had already pre-booked our meal with a free bottle of house wine, we wandered down to dinner for 20.00pm the service was again friendly and attentive the food was wonderful and hot. and the wine was pleasant. After dinner we had drinks in the bar before retiring, this was the only thing that could be changed the bar is open to locals and was quite noisy with the football on tv which meant you couldn't really sit and talk and enjoy a night cap, although we didin't let it spoil our stay.
We had a lovely breakfast again the food and service were excellent.
When we checked out even the cleaners wished us a good day.
The location is also perfect for seeing Dorest its only minutes away from Corffe Castle and Swanage and only short driving distances from Lulworth Cove and Weymouth.
We had a lovely anniversary which was topped off by this wonderful hotel they simply couldn't do enough for us they made us feel so welcome and valued as guests and we will definately be going back. We have stayed in many top hotels around the world and this is amongst the best.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently arranged a walking weekend for a group of 13 people in Dorset and was looking for a hotel that could take this number in the right location at a reasonable price. The Springfield County Hotel did all this and was better than we expected. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfasts excellent, showers good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is also the swimming pools and leisure facilities thrown in so overall very good indeed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends