“2nd time and we'll be back for a 3rd”

and 1 more site!
Springfield Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wareham
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed in room 222 this visit - i'd highly recommend it - its a double room with a seperate twin room for the kids and a shower room ( huge). Both rooms had light oak furniture and hugely comfy beds! That aside, I am astounded at how anyone can ever moan about the staff, the lady who checked us in recognised us from the last visit as did a lovely lady in the restaurant. The staff here honestly can't do enough for you, my 4 year old was unexpectedly ill and we couldnt have asked for nicer staff, through the rest of the break they made a fuss of him and genuinely seemed concerned that he was ok. We stayed dinner, B&B, - the salmon was so good i had it two nights running and only managed half a piece - my hubby had lamb and declared it to be as good as any he'd had in a gastro pub - even better they bring desert on a suite trolley - my kids love it. The restaurant is quiet in the evening which is a shame, more people should try it - they also do lovely breaded Camembert as a started, its amazing! We always make full use of the pools and facilities. The gym is great and there is even a squash court... My kids love it as do we - the location is fantastic too. To any doubters, you must remember that this is not a holiday inn, or any other chain hotel, its a privately owned hotel. Its not got the blandness of a chain hotel and it has its quirks but to us this makes it all the more loveable. I stay in chain hotels through business all the time and i can honestly say give me the Springfield 10 times over, its fab!

Room Tip: Room 222 - fabulous family room at the top of the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in March, The hotel is in a wonderful location and was clean, staff were friendly. The room was nice and big and had a lovely bath. Breakfast was good. We would stay again and plan to book for another weekend in the summer.

Having seen some of the reviews, i personally would not read too much into the negative ones. Its a fantastic hotel and really enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Just had a fantastic family break at this Hotel. We were travelling as a family of 7 and stayed in to rooms which were very comfortable and well equipped. The staff were all very attentive and were superb with the kids.

The hotel has an indoor and out door pool. Due to visiting in April the outdoor one was closed. The indoor pool was nice and warm and has a jacuzzi and steam room. There is also a well equipped gym if you're feeling up to it.

Their was a great selection of food on the menu and the portion sizes are very generous. Great selection of meals for the kids to.

Overall a great break with loads to do locally!

The Marsden gang!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The hotel was quiet and our room was spacious but the food....! There were only two other tables occupied for dinner. We ordered meat platters but the ham and turkey both tasted the same and looked as though they had been bought from a supermarket whilst the beef was a rather fatty brisket - O.K. in a carvery but not very good cold. I couldn't eat it. There wasn't much meat - most of the rather small plate was filled up with lettuce, coleslaw and a rice salad and there wasn't much taste to any of it. The following morning, lots of people appeared for breakfast and you have to ask yourself where did they have dinner. Obviously, they ate somewhere...just not at this restaurant and I don't blame them.

2  Thank Teedee43
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Booked one night at this hotel to visit Monkey World, which turned out to be just 10 mins drive away. Only after booking did I read the reviews and thought oh my god what have I done! Well I needn't have worried, we had a lovely stay. It may not be the most fashionable hotel, but the clue is in the name ' country hotel', not city metropolitan hotel, so yes it does have floral carpets and curtains but it was perfectly clean throughout-from reception to our room, the breakfast room and dining room, to the bar and leisure suite. My husband and I have the pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi all to ourselves. Our bedroom was spacious and had a balcony which overlooked the gardens.We ate at the hotel in the evening and for breakfast; our evening meals of fillet beef stroganoff and rump steak with accompanying assorted veg and potatoes, were piping hot,totally delicious and more than we could eat. The breakfast consisted of a cold buffet selection plus a choice of hot breakfasts cooked to order. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a totally enjoyable stay, we shall definitely return.

2  Thank DENISE P
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Went here through Wowcher - oh dear! The hotel is really in need of an update. Our room was lovely and big - that was the best bit. As other people have said, the food wasn't great, and there was no music for the evening meal, so no atmosphere whatsoever, and we felt like the staff were waiting to snatch your plate away. I didn't bother going in the indoor pool. One sauna was broken and the other one was occupied, so went in the steam room. The jacuzzi had broken tiles around it, so avoided that too. Also saw the old van in the car park. Would not go back!!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

If you are a wowcher voucher guest...Beware!!!
Ok so on arrival the hotel look rather pleasent and has rather alot of parking spaces for the number of rooms and even caters for scrap vans. My partner and i made our way towards the reception while having a joke about the randomness of a scrap van being in the car park and was this a sign of things to come, maybe i should of left the car park then. Instead we carried on through the rather dingy and dated reception area and was met by a rather sweet girl who took us to our room but was unable to engage in a conversation and the lift journey was, well, awkward to say the least (im use to high customer service skills). Our voucher entitled us to an executive room with dual ended bath, seperate shower cubicle, breakfast and a bottle of champers if we ate dinner. Our room was unfortunately a superior room, so i rang down to reception who informed me i was indeed in an executive room just not one with a dual bath as that room wasn;t available as the family in the room the night before had pee'd the bed....oh dear!! Not completely sure i was being told the truth i then went directly to their own site that quite clearly states that executive rooms are on ground and first floor levels sporting a dual ended bath, seperate shower cubicle and patio or balcony and sleeps four. Superior rooms were on the second floor sporting a shower over the bath and sleeps two....our room!! This time i went directly to the receptionist K*** and asked again about the room and yet again she tried to tell me i was in a executive room, it was only when i told her i had done my homework that she then backtracked and told me she wasn't able to deal with the problem and needed another staff members help who wasn;t unfortunately on shift but could be contacted via a mobile. She asked me to go use the spa facilities while i waited....several hours later i went back to reception to be faced with a two girls who told me there was no manager on duty to help, no one to autherise any change, no executive rooms left, they had no idea what wowcher was as they had not been informed by the manager and just said sorry.....lets just say i had to leave reception before i showed myself up as i found this unexceptable customer care!!! It seems that it wasn't just the receptionist that lack in customer service skills as the breakfast staff also talk like they live in the stone age and you Do Not want to be late for breakfast as the lady has her watch on timer and the moment the second strikes she is packing it away like her job depends on it.
Do not try to swim in the outdoor pool.....i have never seen such a GreeN pond...sorry pool in all my years. It was disgusting, it didn't look like water it looked like soup!!!
The bar area and lounge area made me feel like i was shopping in DFS Land of Leathers, cream, blue and green leather sofa's lots of them!!
The carpets are dated, threadbare and the stairs is just awful, you wouldn't want a room next to them unless your deaf.
The bar and resturant upstairs is not open despite advertising it opens at 6pm.
The place is a mass of corridors and stairs and nothing is signposted so you could end up anywhere but there is definately doors for you to go through, just might not be the right way.
Spa facilities are of average condition, broken edges around the jucuzi, window sill was falling off, the sauna was out of order but they have two so we got to use it..phew!
I must say the friendliest person was infact the maid who said a genuine nice hello. That speaks volumes to me.
No such offer of any compensation for the hassle caused and niether did they want to acknowledge any fault and told us to take any complaints up with wowcher......im sure it was the hotel who f'd up not wowcher?!?
Make your own mind up but for the amount you spend on your rooms and the facilities there is alot more out there for your money...this isn't one of them!!

Room Tip: Can't fault the rooms as they are clean but you must like cherry wood furniture and take your wh...
5  Thank Tasha H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wareham
Mortons House Hotel
Travelodge Poole Hotel
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#20 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Springfield Country Hotel? Share your experiences!