“Surprisingly good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Ate at the Red Lion this evening and was pleasantly surprised how good the meal was. Have visited Wareham on a number of occasions and but never eaten here until now. We found the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food arrived quickly after ordering and was very tasty, good quality and reasonably priced for the area. I had the Thai chicken curry and my partner went for fish and chips. Only slight criticism was the lighting in the bar was too low and quite gloomy. However that aside would highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012
LisaMS_11, Owner at Red Lion Hotel Restarurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at The Red Lion. I am sorry if the lighting wasn't to your taste. Believe it or not we also get criticism that it is too bright and not cosy enough! A difficult balance to please eveyones taste!

Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.

Sussex, U.K.
“Really good food! Thoroughly recommended!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've just got back from working away in Dorset and I dined out on both of my nights away at The Red Lion Hotel (I went back a 2nd time, on the 2nd consecutive night, as my first meal here had been so enjoyable!). I felt moved to post on here as I'd had low expectations of finding decent food out & about (we're big 'foodies' in my house and my boyfriend is a former chef & a very able & active cook at home, which means our standards are high!) The Red Lion far from disappointed though & I just know that I'll be back!

I thoroughly enjoyed my delicious vegetarian Wellington main course, with new potatoes and a sort of ratatouille veg, and the home-made Black Forest Gateau with boozey cherries was a real triumph - all of which was clearly made with love and beautifully presented on the plate. On the 2nd night I had the brie & artichoke tart with a lovely sunblush tomato salad &, again, some fab new potatoes. Really good stuff & hats off to the kitchen staff who are clearly putting their hearts & souls into the food that they are preparing & serving.

I feel certain that I'll be back & one day . . . & I may even take the ex-chef boyfriend at some point (whose appetite I've whetted with my rave reviews!) Top marks Red Lion Team!

• Visited November 2012
Thank you so much for the glowing review! Its always nice to get some appreciation! We hope to see you return soon.
Lewes, United Kingdom
“breakfast”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

good range to choose from, breakfast cereals, yogurts all great quality but perhaps best of all the eggs were free range

Visited September 2012
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Efficient, friendly service. The best chips ever. My husband had beef on winter vegetables,delicious tender beef and lovely horseradish mash. Could not fault service or food.Even when grandmother set off fire alarms took it all in their stride!

• Visited October 2012
Swanage, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Sunday lunch roast beef,individual Yorkshire pud enough to feed four, great veg. Huge portions. Suggest you go for the smaller plate unless you're ravenous! Lovely food

• Visited September 2012