“Nice place for a Sunday breakfast”
Review of Five and Dime Cafe

Five and Dime Cafe
Ranked #20 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Popped in here with the children for a second breakfast. Ordered hot chocolate, coffee and bacon butties ... left full and satisfied. Service was quick, food was plentiful and the old film theme is lovely. Good for cakes and coffee too.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I have visited this cafe before for just hot drinks. Did the same yesterday - nice welcoming atmosphere with log burner giving out a cheerful glow and great looking cakes on the sideboard. The specials on the blackboard for lunch sounded pretty enticing too.

After a six mile walk in the nearby countryside we called in again to see if cakes were available 'take-away'. The carrot and the coffee-walnut were exceptional as we found out later at home - just a shame we could not compliment the maker in person.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I love the Five and Dime and am currently going on different days to try to sample all the interesting lunch dishes. So far, I've had a roasted half butternut squash filled with a rice filling, including sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese and the best crab sandwich I have ever had anywhere. My partner had a lovely soup with leek, potato and asparagus, served with home made walnut bread. We have also had a good breakfast here. It's cosy indoors and the decor is interesting with photos and posters of old films/stars. I love the Art Deco bathroom. On warm days it's great to sit in the pretty courtyard garden. You go through the kitchen to get there.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've been here before, but it must always have been in the winter, as I had no idea there was a lovely little courtyard garden until my last visit, when every seat inside and on the pavement was taken.
The inside seating area is cosy, with colourful walls, a fire and assorted wooden furniture instead of the usual bland, matching decor. It's nice to find somewhere original these days and the cinematic theme is carried through into the loos.
The courtyard is charming. It's long and thin, so affords a reasonable amount of privacy from other customers.
I've never had a meal here, just a snack, but am impressed that I can have marmite with my crumpets. The cakes are delicious and the boys' faces when they saw the heap of marshmallows on their hot chocolate was a picture!
The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were holidaying in Dorset and were lucky to find this lovely cafe. Both times we visited, the food was exceptionally fresh, tasty and original. We are vegetarians and it was so nice to find something different from the standard fare. The cafe decor is cosy and original too, with very friendly and helpful staff. Dont miss out when you are in Wareham - it was full of locals and that has to be a good sign!