“Surprised at other reviews!”
Review of Ship Inn

Ship Inn
Ranked #28 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Surprised at other reviews!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We decided to go the Ship Inn for an early New Years dinner.We were promptly served drinks which were fine,the polite young waitress then took our food order. Our group was made of 4 adults and 1 child.
3 of us went for the potato skins,1 the prawns,and we asked for the kids burger to be brought out with our starters.the skins came out and were a little burnt, but not so bad you couldn't eat them,but no sign of the kids burger. The two girls serving us were very helpful and assured us the burger would be out soon.
So out came a chicken burger for one of the adults and my ribs,she had asked for nothing in the chicken burger,it had everything,but was taken straight back to be changed.The kids burger turned up,as a chicken burger not the normal we had asked for.This turned up ten mins later and he ate it all and said it was fine.
Back to our mains, two chicken burgers when they came out were warm at best,the chips were nice however. My ribs,well they were warm to, and I've never seen such an anorexic rack of ribs in my life,I scraped what warm meat I could of 4 of them and left the rest.I honestly can't see how they charge £13.95 for them. My friend went for the chicken which turned out to be a leg which barely had any chicken on whatsoever,but he ate it,again the chips were good. I'm not one to complain but I felt the food was very under par,so i asked to the speak to the manager.
He came to our table (I forget his name) and I explained what had happened throughout the meal, he was very nice and apologetic,and took all the mains off the bill along with the kids meal. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and done what they could to help us and correct things.
We get home and a few hours later my friend who had the chicken and prawns was sick,he had decided not to drink anymore even though it was New Years as he felt his food wasn't sitting right in his stomach. He continued to be sick 6 or 7 times through the night and has ended up still in bed feeling very rough!!

• Visited December 2013

Warwickshire
“Expensive for what it is.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I agree with the previous review - starters and mains are overpriced as the food is really 'standard' and nothing more. Good selection of beers makes up for this (a little) but I would be racing back to eat here.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul C
“Ripped off”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

New refurb promises good food and service in this cosy place. How wrong! Football atmosphere on a couple of big tv's and the food.. Certainly not destination dining even with the new feel. Calamari £1 per ring and just over for the prawns! Felt ripped off as the fryer oil seemed old or stale with bottled sauce accompaniment the only plus I could say is the chips are good if a little undercooked. Well kept beer but avoid the food :(

2 Thank HospitalityUK
London
“Pleasant and great interior”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Loved the Pimms... Strawberries and mint and blackberry.
Pleasant staff.
Good menus but couldn't eat there.

Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went to the ship inn for dinner, staff lovely and a nice place to eat, I had pasta which is one of my fav foods, but it was over cooked and bland, but my friend had a chicken dish and she said it was good. would go again, but would avoid the pasta.

• Visited September 2013