“An odd little place!”

Ranked #45 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Description: Www.angleburyhouse.co.uk
Description: Www.angleburyhouse.co.uk
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I don't think that this place knows what it is! A pub, cafe, restaurant or b n b. not the most welcoming place. Sandwich ordered was of a poor quality. Cream tea good but needed fruit in scones. Rather expensive given the overall quality. Would not recommend.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We chose this place to eat on our last night in Wareham because of it's old world looks. the menu seemed to be just what we were looking for.
When we first arrived the restaurant was full, which made us think that we had picked the right place. But, the service seemed to be casual and the food was of a poor quality possibly just purchased from a supermarket and heated through. It was fairly bland and tasteless

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Excellent food served to order so takes a little longer than "ping/ding" establishments. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Most of the eating places in Wareham only serve food for 2 hours at lunchtime and again at dinner but we were greeted well on a very wet day at 3.30pm and served with a very good meal in an extremely atmospheric building with many original features.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were looking for somewhere nice to eat. The hotel looked charming and we received a warm welcome. It is charming, olde worlde and quaint.

Starter was fine but then you can't really go wrong with deep fried brie and a bit of salad. Thought I'd try the chilli and garlic sea bass - sounded delicious! Sorry to say that I was unable to eat the thick slab of 'fish' that arrived on my plate covered with thick tomato and mushroom sauce - not a hint of chilli or garlic! Fish was think and rubbery and if I had to put money on it I would say it was 'boil in the bag' cheap fish for cats, definately not fresh delicately flavoured sea bass that I love so much. The lady who served us was not very happy when I explained that this was not at all what I was expecting and certainly did not equate with the description of the dish on the menu. I was told by her that 'this is why we always ask people if there is anything they don't like before they order'. I think she was referring to the sentence on the menu which asked that customers make staff aware of any allergies. Well I don't have any allergies but I didn't want rubbery frozen fish covered in tomato & mushroom splodge!
In fairness they did replace the fish for me - and returned with a smaller piece of 'fish' (boiled!) with over cooked veg and no taste or flavour at all. I couldn't eat it and I promise you that I am not a fussy eater! Don't even bother going there!