“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Granary

The Old Granary
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Granary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Holywood, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We thought should make the most of the good weather, so off to Wareham we went. As we have eaten in a few Hall & Woodhouse we know that the food is always great. I have a gluten intolerance so eating out for me can be a problem, not here, I'll have the burger with out the bun thank you, and it was lovely, the other half had the Poisson and chips which he devoured.
The staff were helpful and friendly, even though they were really busy with a large party.
Location was great, it was nice to sit up on the terrace, and watch the boats go pass.
Would recommend to my friends and family.

• Visited June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Not like it used to be.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have visited this restaurant many times over the years and have always had a good time.

On this recent occasion I thought that the service was poor and the staff were not welcoming at all like they didn't want to be there!.

A great location but that doesn't override everything.

Rex W, Other at The Old Granary, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time in expressing your feelings about your experience with us. Im sure your aware at how useful this information is to us for acheving our aims/ maintaining expectations. This review concerns us, please refer to your private messages where we would like to continue to investigate, so we can pass more detailed feedback to the team.
Again thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Old Granary, its hugely appreciated.
“Nice family Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is quite a nice restaurant in a very lovely setting along side the river. As we were a large party we were given an excellent seat by the window. The service was very good and very attentive. The food was good and also hot. Toilets were clean and tidy (always a good thing).
Very noisy restaurant, found it difficult to concentrate on a conversation and would not have liked being further back. Puddings very good although a pricer than most. Total bill not to bad for this kind of place (a chain but slightly upmarket version). Would recommend.

Wareham, United Kingdom
“Good food, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoyed a lovely relaxing lunch on Bank Holiday Monday. The food was excellent and service very good. Great value and lovely location.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great location disappointing food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had chicken and mushroom pie and the most expensive steak. The service was quite slow and the food was very disappointing. The chips were not made with real potato and were almost hollow and not very crisp. The steak was not very full of flavour nor very tender, though it was 'well cooked' as opposed to rare.
The pie had a good looking puff pastry but there was little chicken inside with a large proportion being peas. I am not a complaining person generally but on this occasion, my first writing on Trip Advisor, I felt the strong need to "advise" the Old Granary before their sales start to drop! I hope my comments will help the establishment review its menu. For my next visit to Wareham, I don't live far away, I hope I will see big improvements. I feel the menu is well hyped, meaning it looks better than it really is. Value for money is poor today, 23rd May 2014. I hope this review will be recognised by its bite and that customers stopping in for one will get better food in future!

Rex W, Other at The Old Granary, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you very much for you time in taking to review your experience, we’re disappointed to hear about your recent experience at the Old Granary. We strive to produce excellent quality food and pride ourselves on the hospitality we provide. We’re therefore embarrassed that your recent experience was not a good one. Unfortunately after our new menu launch few weeks ago we went through some teething problems which included the spec of the chicken pie too. However this issue was already rectified. Your comments have been passed down to the team, and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies and we hope you give us another chance to arouse your expectations in order to show that this is not what you should expect from us at The Old Granary. Again thank you for expressing your views.