“lovely food!”

Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Wareham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

on arrival of the pub we were shown to a seat, given menus and asked drinks order, which arrived fairly quickly. The food was not too much of a wait and was no disappointment - definitely value for money!!! However after that we were not bothered with again as our original waitress had finished her shift. We were not checked upon that everything was alright or offered any more drinks, despite the fact we were one of very few tables in the pub at the time. Our plates were not cleared and so we got up and left them there. It's a shame the service was not great as it was a disappointment after great food.

1  Thank charly1095

Reviewed April 17, 2014

After popping in for a drink the other evening, we decided to try the food as it smelt great and looked good. Not disappointed. Ample portions and tasty. Good choices on the menu. Only slight disappointment Lemon meringue was cold - would have been tastier if warm! If we re visit Wareham, would definitely revisit here.

1  Thank WiltshireWitchone
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We are very local to the kings arms but have never eaten there before! So one evening we thought we would try it, and was very impressed. Would recommended the deli board for starter, lovely!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

After popping into town for a spot of lunch then realising there was a market on the quay thus meaning parking was an issue we decided to drive a very short distance to the kings arms.

I hadn't visited for over a year so had no expectations what so ever.

We (me and my guide dog and my mum) walked in and were greeted at the bar by a lady who asked if we had booked for lunch. We said no and all went quiet. I thought of a horrible moment that I was going to have to defend having the dog with us but how very wrong I was!

The lady took us to a table that was far too big for our party but it was the ideal spot for the hound.

The menus (yes that is a plural there) were handed to us and wow! What a choice!!! From steak to mushroom Wellington to pasta to salads.

What impressed us most was the smaller appetite/children's menu selection. Not your bog standard chips with fish fingers. A cracking choice. Vegetarians would be very pleased!

Upon paying the very nice gentleman was very clear and verbally explained everything on the bill, how much we had to pay etc.

Simply lovely!

1  Thank SirGrumpAlot
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On our way from Swanage and Corfe to Wareham we found this pub on the main road in the small village of Stoborough.
Although it has been extended over the years The Kings Head pub is a very old building with a decent car park and a worthwhile stopping venue.
Inside on the walls there are lots of old photos of the local area all scattered through what is effectively a pub area and a restaurant area. This was rather obvious with what seemed to be regulars in the pub part and those out for a lunch in the other.
The menu is extensive with light bite items as well as full lunch and dinner and, having ordered a baguette I did not expect to have it arrive with chips and salad, making it almost a full meal in itself.
The whole pub is clean and welcoming with a rather nice mix of old pub and new eating area. One thing I noticed was the warm welcome of the barmaid who served me.
Unfortunately we were not returning that way otherwise I would have been tempted with dinner there.