“Beautifully cooked”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Four of us, including 2 vegans, dined here on a Monday evening. We were surprised at the number of other diners & take away customers. The food & service explained it all. Very courteous and helpful waiter & the food very good. We had mainly a selection of starters & a couple of chicken dishes. It was all very well cooked and not at all greasy. If there is a minus, although the food was well spiced, there was little heat in any of the dishes. Having said that, I'll certainly visit again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have never as yet had a sit Dow meal here however had numerous take a ways. The Dansak was fantastic as was the other ones tried. Reasonably priced and generous portions I would certainly recommend the food. The staff are very respectful and give good advice. They do specials on Tuesday evening and Sunday and been told by close neighbour to try the Korma as it is awesome. Being a well travelled couple I shall be taking his advice and trying a "Sit-down" meal very soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Monsoon Restaurant is tucked away, located in a former Tavern, opposite Wareham Railway Station. Monsoon is an extremely good restaurant serving honest, tasty Indian food. The Tuesday evening meal-deal is an excellent way to sample their varied menu. We took along some friends last week and they were as impressed as we are with this venue. We all choose something different from the menu and had a most enjoyable evening, helped by the friendly staff. The service here is excellent. We do not think that you will be disappointed if you give it a try. There is ample local parking. We have added Monsoon to our list of regular dining venues.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Monsoon is a truly authentic Indian restaurant. I would firstly like to make it clear I am very into Indian cuisine and have visited far more than my fair share of Indian restaurants many of which do not even come close to the quality of food and service at Monsoon. Forget horrible heavily westernised over salted and greasy curries because you will not find that rubbish here. What you will find is first class service, a very extensive and impressive menu and truly superb authentic Indian food at very good prices. In the past I have paid far more at other Indian restaurants for food that in my opinion doesn't even come close to this. Visited for dinner with my partner and was also fantastic to try a duck curry for the first time which was absolutely superb. Can't wait to visit again. We have already planned another visit with family members in the near future after being so impressed. My partner and I are both foodies (I also have a father who is a superb head chef of over 30 years in many establishments) so trust me, we know good food and this is definitely it!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Indian Restaurants or any restaurants for that matter depend on the chef (s) at the time.
Over a period of time I would rate the Monsoon an average Indian restaurant, it's OK.
Just being honest, but OK is OK, isn't it?

1  Thank NottsMonty
Juber R, Manager at Monsoon Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Such a vague explanatory review deserves, i would say, a vague response. 18/103 reviewers including yourself would rate us 3 stars or bellow, 85/103 will rate us 4 stars or above! the majority of those reviewers (68 of which) would rate us 5 stars! readers take this review with a pinch of salt and make up your minds based on our statistics online. I would say your review is unsatisfactory, it is unsatisfactory right?