“Friendly Staff and Tasty Food”

Monsoon Indian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 62 Restaurants in Wareham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff and Tasty Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Girlfriend and I we're staying just outside Wareham and decided to try this restaurant after reading some reviews on here. My first impression when I walked in was "Oh no another converted pub" but was more than pleased when we had ordered and starting to eat.
The staff are friendly and food is great, the restaurant it's self is a little dated but that doesn't matter.

One thing that I did really like about this place is that the staff spoke to my girlfriend first and took her order before mine, so many Indian restaurants tend to only talk to the men. This is a major plus on manners.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank KevSuzuki

“Great little Indian Resturant!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Came down to Dorset over the May half term with my family,war fancied a curry and found this lovely place. We decided to dine in on a Tuesday night, it was extremely busy and we hadn't booked but a young chap who told me his name was juba later in the night seated us next to the bar, the special menu they had on was excellent value for Monday and the food was fantastic! The service was great we will defeinately be coming back

2 Thank DonnaEvans1976
“Regular customer for years!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to the monsoon for over 5 years now after being a regular at the Rajpot up the road and having a horrible time and meal there I decided to try out the monsoon and haven't regretted it since!

The staff at the Monsoon are incredibly friendly and the food is fantastic! I usually go for a curry on a Tuesday night when they have an offer of a three course meal for just short of £10! You'd think for that price the quality of service and food would be effected but you couldn't be more wrong! I have never had a bad meal at this place! I was informed by a lovely young gentlemen at the bar where we usually begin the nights having a few drinks poor to our meal that the chef has over 40 years expierence! how can you go wrong there!

I highly recommend this place to anyone new to the place, visitors and even those who have a loyalty to the Rajpot just to try it out and see! Like I said i did and have not regretted it since!

2 Thank Jennygoldmen
“Buffet a shockingly poor”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Grandad looking after the kids- sorted take the wife out for a cheeky curry- fail!

Whilst visiting family thought I'd take her indoors out for a ruby. Been here before a while back and it was very good, on this occasion it was a all you can eat buffet for less than £10.00 good times I'm thinking however after ordering drinks and poppadom s, which I thought was very expensive, we went to the buffet table which was shoved next to the kitchen door which was rather awkward, if you like chicken you might be ok! Every dish was chicken apart from the one veggie option and from korma to madras everything was exactly the same spice, really really disappointed don't think I would return.

1 Thank Hemingbrough-al
London, England
“Nice local Indian restaurant in Wareham”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited this place while staying in Wareham for a weekend and found it to be perfectly good. It's not the best Indian restaurant in the UK and doesn't claim to be but we had good food and reasonably good service. I don't think you can expect much more from a local Indian away from a major city centre.

It's located near the train station about 10 minutes walk up from the quay area. There's another Indian restaurant (Rajpoot?) closer to the quay which we considered but preferred the look of Monsoon.

Would go back if visiting Wareham again.

• Visited April 2013