“Great day out”
Review of Studland Stables

Studland Stables
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Studland
More attraction details
Owner description: A friendly trekking centre, near the beach, on the Dorset coast. Great forward going rides for experienced riders and safe picturesque rides for beginners.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had a 1 hour horse walk as part of a hen weekend. It was amazing fun. I had only ridden one before and fallen off yet all the staff were really friendly and helpful especially for a non rider beginner like me. The horses were lovely, especially Flash who was the calm old man picked for me. Even though he just wanted to eat most of the time! I'd really recommend this as a fun activity for anyone spending the weekend in Swanage.

1  Thank Claire C

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Totally perfect!......welcoming, obliging, and 'very exciting'! ...we had a fabulous ride across the heath.

1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I've always wanted to ride along the beach, so my husband treated me for a birthday present. Studland stables was perfect, the ride was just what I was looking for and the team couldn't have been more friendly. I Had an enjoyable ride out with some lovely people. I've ticked another challenge off my bucket list an I will definitely be going back at some point.

2  Thank Robinsonclan2
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited this stables last year for a beach ride, my in laws live in Swanage and had booked it for my birthday. The first time I had booked we had to cancel last minute as I was poorly and they were brilliant about it and rearranged it with no fuss... I went on an experienced ride across the beach and even went in the sea! Having worked with horses in my time and having had my own and been on many holiday riding experiences, this was certainly one of the best for me! Just a truly amazing experience, friendly staff and the horses were lovely. Today we took my 6 year old for her birthday for a novice walk hack. Again we felt welcome immediately and they were so nice to my daughter. I was allowed to lead her which is very good although there is the option when you book for someone else to lead for you. She loved it! She was well looked after, given some hints and tips and went on such a beautiful hack. The stables are professional yet friendly, and knowing the risks you sometimes face with animals I never once felt like they weren't in control! (paramount for a sonetimes neurotic mother) x I would recommend this place to absolutely anyone and everyone regardless of experience, from novice to well experienced they have it just right! The best stables we've ever been to! We'll definitely be back x

1  Thank Npeperell
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just come back today & had to write a comment ASAP as it was amazing! A dear friend brought me a voucher to fulfil a childhood dream of cantering on the beach. It was FANTASTIC!! We both had ridden since an early age to a high standard but have not ridden for ten years! A little nervous stuart talked us through the horses and our ability. He chose the perfect horses for us, they know the route & drill but were very responsive. Totally disagree with other comments it's the coldest wettest winter for 25 years, yes it was cold outside but thermals & tights under jods helped, it's an outdoor activity. Can't wait to visit again....thank you stud land stables for amazing experience.

4  Thank CotswoldGal