“absolutely brilliant”

Studland Sea School
Ranked #6 of 9 things to do in Studland
More attraction details
Owner description: At Studland Sea School we offer a wide range of kayaking tours and hire, kayak fishing, coasteering and snorkeling catering for all levels of ability. If you want to try out a new activity then come and see us, our expert BSAC and BCU Level 3 instructors are here to help you whatever your level of experience is.
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband purchased a tour for my 40th birthday present, which for someone who isn't too confident in water was a huge step. The reason for his gift was that he wanted me to experience something which would be life changing!! It certainly was and I am hooked and we have actually booked a kayaking holiday next year. The whole experience was completely exhilarating and the scenery alongside Old Harry Rocks was stunning. We have spent a week in Studland for the past 8 years and explored everywhere but the scenery from the sea is something which I've never seen and it was absolutely spellbinding. A big thankyou to everyone at Studland Sea School for making my 40th birthday so memorable. PS. Thanks for taking the photos while we were on the water, they look fantastic. My friends can't believe it's me.

3  Thank SharonH1959
There are newer reviews for Studland Sea School

Reviewed September 28, 2010

We wanted to do something active and (for us) unusual during our trip to the area. So, alongside taking in the sights of Corfe Castle, Studland, and biking and walking the Jurassic Coast, my wife and I thought we'd try our hand at sea kayaking - something neither of us had done before. We sent an enquiry to a number of outfits in the area. Dan, who runs Studland Sea School, clearly cares about his clients. Not only did he get back to us quickly, but also took the time to discuss what we wanted to do, our level of experience, and even helped us out with some other queries we had about accommodation and other activities we could do in the area, and pre-empted all te questions we (as novices) had about the trip.

On the day, Dan was equally helpful; putting us at our ease and talking us through the basics, before we set out onto a choppy sea, which was a little daunting at first. Dan, though, put us at our ease and was careful to gauge our expertise and level of confidence. He gradually got us comfortable with more and more challenging tasks under different conditions. After about 30 minutes of this orientation, and having put us through our paces and satisfied himself that we would be safe for the jouney, we set off to paddle around Old Harry rocks, always under his watchful gaze and guidance. Throughout the experience, we felt in safe hands, so were able to relax and enjoy the experience and the stunning views of the bays, the sea-birds, the waves and the spectacular coastline.

A great, safe, fun and exhilarating experience, and I gather they do longer training courses too, for those who are more experienced and want to hone their skills. I'll certainly be paying Studland Sea School another visit - I can see why people like Dan get hooked.

I can't recommend Studland Sea School highly enough. Dan was (infectiously) enthusiastic, meticulous when it came to safety, and above all took great care to make sure we had a fantastic time and came away with broad smiles.

1  Thank Viv02