“What eating out is all about”

The Bluefish Cafe and Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Mrs S and I enjoyed a fabulous meal on Saturday night. The food really couldn't be faulted and we ended up being the last customers in the joint, enjoying a closing time glass of the good stuff and some lively stories with the effervescent Luciano and his lovely wife Jo. I'd struggle to recommend a more welcoming restaurant. What a find, we'll be going back soon and we strongly suggest that you do too. £70 for three courses each, including a good bottle of vino.

There are newer reviews for The Bluefish Cafe and Restaurant

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Called in with fellow scuba diver just before Christmas & at 2:15.
Warmly greeted in charming restaurant which was beautifully decorated for Christmas.
My friend & I shared the platter for starter with homemade humous, pesto, olives, chicken & flat breads then wow... Squid ink risotto with salad served with a ginger dressing & all washed down with amazing White House wine.
Chef.came out & chatted & we even went away with menus, a recipe & some squid ink to try our own risotto.
I've told all my friends about this place, but hope it won't get too busy as will definitely go whenever I can. I have attached link to their sample lunch menu to whet your appetites....

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to this place with a larger group of people, for a farewell dinnner before leaving Weymouth. This is one of the priciest places in the Weymouth-Portland area. However, the food is more eclectic and creative then in most of the other restaurants in the area. All our meals were well prepared, nicely presented and very tasty. Atmosphere is pleasant and almost elegant. I would go there again, for a special occasion.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Being local we use the Bluefish frequently and have never been disappointed. The breakfast is cooked fresh and not floating in aload of grease. Booking is recommended although pretty quiet at 9:30 on a Sunday. Option to sit outside in the summer in the sun. Lovely.
Lunch. Some small, some sides or a meal.. All on offer at lunchtime.
Evening Meal - Lovely with all the fairylights lit, warm, cosy and welcoming with a good choice of food. My partner is especially keen on the pig cheeks and i can recomment the Fish stew and 72 hour braised beef !!..

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We met Karen, the cafe owner, on the Friday evening, having come to Portland for our friend's stag night. Despite the fact that the 26 of us were rather worse-for-wear, and dressed rather oddly (it was a stag night, don't ask!), we persuaded Karen to let the 26 of us book our breakfast for Sunday morning before our long trips back home.

And how pleased we were! The full English fry-up was excellently cooked, with good quality ingredients. The sausages were obviously local, and very tasty. And the black pudding was to die for! The chef was quite happy to keep items coming, with extra sausages, bacon, eggs, black pudding etc. coming to the table until we simply couldn't eat any more.

Thanks Karen, this was a great end to an excellent weekend. Next time I come to Portland, it will be with my wife and kids - and we'll be sure to come back and say hello!

1  Thank Jerome P