Myself and my partner found this hotel on the web while planning a weekend away in Dorset. We travelled a long way (from London) to get here, and we were to pay £150 per night for two nights. We were told on the phone that the hotel room would have a king size double bed, with a jacuzzi in the bathroom and bright modern decor. All lies! The 'double bed' was two single bed pushed to together with a dirty throw that looked like it had been around since the 1920's! The 'jacuzzi' was a corner bath, too small to even sit in. And the hotel clearly hadn't been even slightly renovated in the last 40 years! We persisted nonetheless, as the location is lovely. After a walk around the isle we headed back for dinner, as the hotel has the only restaurant for quite a distance. I gagged with the first mouthful. The food was like radioactive slop; it wouldn't even have been allowed in a prison! Our complaints were met with only defiance by the manager on duty, who really couldn't care if we stayed or left. And to top it all off, the bill was higher than it would have been in a swanky London restaurant!
This hotel is an absolute disgrace. A disgusting, run-down, putrid place, charging extortionate prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset