Wanted to stay here since I drove past a few years ago. Reception was prompt and polite, room was a bit of a trek but no problem, room itself was really nice, chocolate, fruit and huge bed. Afternoon tea was high on the list, and was pleasant enough, would have preferred homemade cake rather than brought in petite fours.
After finding out the hard way that every restaurant in Portland seemed to be closed on this particular Monday, we ate in the hotel restaurant, Staff prompt, as it was quite late, Starters were great, no complaints there, then the mains were put down, mine (the Lamb) was fantastic, but my partners plaice, which was one of the specials, was shockingly overcooked, not one to normally complain, he felt he had to say something, staff happy to replace it, and he settled on fish and chips as it was quick. that came out and really not good either, dried up peas, chips that had been refried, and portion topped up, so others raw (I'm a chef) fish looked pre battered, not a home made one. preparations for breakfast made it uncomfortable to stay and enjoy an after dinner drink. Breakfast passable, scrambled egg was not great...would stay in the room again, but would only stay on room only basis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset