On a recent to Weymouth after a number of years, we decided to visit Portland. We arrived just before 10.45am and having not had breakfast, we popped in to the hotel just in time for breakfast, as they stop serving breakfast at 11.00am.
We chose a simple dish of smoked salmon, poached egg an asparagus spears, on a crisply toasted bun, followed by 2 cups each of delicious fresh coffee.
The staff were, as they have always been, splendid. Extremely courteous and very friendly and attentive without being overbearing.
We have stayed at the hotel on a number of occasions and have enjoyed it immensely on each occasion.
The dining room is a joy with very large windows floor to ceiling affording a view over Weymouth from a great height, with excellent food what more could you wish for.
Some times the hotel can be shrouded in sea mist, making the it feel quite surreal to be enjoying a meal.
This is a hotel not to missed. It is certainly amongst my favourite hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset