We were in a deluxe room which was pleasant and comfortable, but compared to a recent stay in a Holiday Inn it didn't seem particularly good value and was let down but niggling details...
Toiletries not fully replenished daily
Had to ask for more toilet roll
Non slip mat in bath blocked plug hole (not helpful when showering)
Green & Blacks chocolate replaced by Cadbury's
Not enough sachets of coffee
Nice fruit bowl, but no knife to cut/peel with
Two upright chairs at small round table (too small for 2 laptops to share) but no comfy chairs to sit and relax/watch TV/etc.
Outlook from restaurant is fantastic - Portland Harbour, Chesil Beach - you can see for miles - outlook from room was shabby garage across the road.
Most of breakfast was fine though sausages poor on one day and toast variable in quantity and quality from day to day.
We had booked bed & breakfast, with evening meal on first night. On checking out we were asked for the balance for dinner when we'd been told we could choose anything from the menu. (To be fair, they removed it from the bill, but we should have been properly informed).
My wife wanted a spa treatment (run independently but within hotel) but Reception didn't know (and there was no sign to tell her) that there were no treatments on Wednesdays.
Any one of these niggles on their own would have been no problem, but added together left a "so near, but yet so far" feeling.
Assistant Manager was very receptive to our comments and promised to take them to the General Manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the summit of the Isle of Portland with panoramic sea and coastal views from our Bar, Bistro and Coffee shop over Chesil Beach, the World Heritage coast and the 2012 Olympic sailing venue of Portland Harbour and Lyme Bay. 5 miles from the seaside town of Weymouth. 66 en suite bedrooms with a choice of Classic or Deluxe. Family rooms and easy access rooms available. On-site Gym, meeting rooms and business services. Special interest breaks, birdwatching, flora & fauna etc. Ample free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your The Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland
- The Heights Hotel Isle Of Portland, Dorset