“Just like being at home”
Review of Holmebridge House

Holmebridge House
Ranked #1 of 1 Holmebridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very clean, very homely and very comfortable. I was met by Anita and was made to feel welcome. Despite being the only guest I was offered several options for breakfast, in previous establishments there have been limitations when being out of season.
The separate, private bathroom facility was different, guess I'm just used to ensuite on my travels, but was like being at home, just wish my view out of the window was the same.
After I had finished my excellent full English breakfast, I had a nice conversation with both Brian and Anita, two wonderful hosts.
Although situated on a fairly busy road I wasn't disturbed by the traffic and it's location is ideal for access to local amenities and walks.
If I had to pick a bad point then it would be the lighting to get to the front door. When I arrived back from my trip out at 2130hrs in the pouring rain visibility wasn't good and the path near the front of the house was quite dark when coming from the car park.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
holmebridge, Owner at Holmebridge House, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and for bringing our attention to the light problem. We have had the light checked and an intermittent fault was found and the light has now been replaced.
We hope you visit again and enjoy one of our en suite rooms.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We have stayed many times before at Holmebridge House. We enjoy walking and this is great location for exploring the Jurassic coast. Anita & Brian are always friendly, welcoming and helpful but unobtrusive.
Anita's full English breakfast is the "gold standard" by which we compare others, great quality ingredients, homemade bread and preserves and always perfectly cooked - simply the best as far as we are concerned!.
We always enjoy our stays at Holmebridge, it is always consistent, comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Room 3: A smaller room at the rear of the property is our favourite. Although it is not en-suite it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Business colleagues recommended a visit to the Jurassic Coast for a last minute holiday. We were looking for a place that wasn't too expensive and that had something larger than a double bed. We looked for a place in Swanage, but none had a room available with anything larger than a double bed, and the rooms that were available were very expensive. We found the Holmebridge House listing online, saw the good reviews, and were delighted that they had a room available.

Brian and Anita were very friendly and helpful in recommending interesting places for us to visit and do some walking. Their location is very convenient to Lulworth Cove, Swanage, and Studland. They offer full English breakfast (or something lighter if you prefer), cereal, and fresh fruit. They are located in a quiet country setting, with birds visiting the feeders behind the house and deer in the adjacent field. The bed was comfortable, and the room and bathroom were very large and well appointed.

We enjoyed our visit immensely and would certainly stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

As always a wonderful stay. Very clean throughout, Anita & Brian will go that extra yard to ensure you enjoy your stay.The most friendliest welcome and what a tremendous breakfast. We will return again for sure.

Room Tip: Room 1 overlooking the woods to the rear and you will be able to see the wild deer in the field graz...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We’ve just returned from our 4th consecutive year at Holmebridge House and have already decided we’re going back for a 5th time next year. That in itself should tell you how good we think it is! This is the third time I’ve written a review, which some may consider a bit over the top but I believe that if somewhere is good then people should know about it, whether based on one visit or ten.

The thing we love about Holmebridge House is that it’s been consistently good and we have never felt in any way disappointed. There is a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and we start to unwind in the peaceful surroundings from the moment we arrive. We love staying there and Anita and Brian are superb hosts who can’t do enough for us. Helpful, friendly and informative when required but otherwise in the background, letting us just get on with ‘doing our thing’. A perfect balance.

The rooms are clean, tidy and well supplied with refreshments. Tea, coffee, water and biscuits are always available plus a flask of fresh milk every afternoon. No plastic UHT rubbish here! There are a number of nice touches in the large, well-equipped bathroom too, with a lovely selection of toiletries for guests to use. And massive bath towels! The location is excellent and Room 1 where we stay has views to the front and rear of the property but particularly to the rear, which overlooks a large open field where deer roam freely. A photographer’s dream! It’s a perfect spot for anyone wanting a central base for touring around the area.

The breakfast choice offers a wide variety of items to suit all tastes. We always go for the Full English, which is excellent and sets us up for the day. Wherever possible, fresh, home-grown produce is used and the difference in taste is amazing.

As always, we were sad to leave but we are already looking forward to being back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here at the beginning of September last year for two nights. Hosts were lovely, room and bathroom were spacious and clean, breakfast was delicious! Perfectly situated to visit local attractions. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My partner and I found Holmebridge House via the Monkey World website. This B&B is located around 10 minutes away from the attraction and around 15 minutes from the famous Lulworth Jurassic coastline.
When we pulled into the park par, we were greeted very warmly by Anita's partner. I was pleased to find out that they owned an allotment like myself and made much of the breakfast items themselves, which is a very rare thing to come across. Their jams, marmalades and breads were all home-made and delicious, even the eggs were from the hen's they own!
I felt very happy to ask Anita's partner for help, when deciding on local eateries in which to dine, and he gave us plenty hints as where to go.
The room was lovely and warm, the bed was cosy, spacious and alluring! I didn't want to leave, it was so comfortable! If anything, I felt a bit sad to leave. The only thing that bothered me initially was the saniflow system. When flushing the toilet, there was a loud noise coming from it... which continued for a little bit after the flush had ceased.
Apart from that the bathroom was great, modern and spacious and everything we needed was provided!
On departure Anita and her partner gave me many tips on making a jam as great as theirs, and gave me a jar of Piccalilli to try!
I would certainly stay there again! Top marks!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holmebridge House? Share your experiences!