“Could not ask for more”

Ranked #1 of 1 Holmebridge B&B and Inns
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Could not ask for more”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Anita put us up at short notice due to problems at the B&B we had booked and we could not have asked for a better place to stay.

Anita and her husband made us and our three year old very welcome. The room was immaculate with so many small touches that make a big difference.

The breakfast was delicious and we would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
norwich
Reviewed April 26, 2012

A lovely relaxing place to stay. Superb breakfast (nice homemade bread)and a wondeful comfy bed. We will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The constant innuendos from Brian the proprietor were very upsetting. I could not get away after breakfast from his constant jabbering on, he is so dominating. Even though they wanted me to vacate my room as soon as possible. It was as though they did not want guests there.

Room Tip: Try The Black Bear Hotel instead
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank holmebridge
Dubai
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is a nice property and Anita in particular was very pleasant and welcoming. I was staying in Room 3 which is not ensuite. The bathroom that I used was just for me but I was very conscious at night that I might be waking people up when I got up to use the bathroom. Although small, room 3 is a nicely decorated room. As a single I thought it was quite expensive particularly as the B+B I stayed in the night before WAS a double and ensuite and cost about £25 less. The full English breakfast was beautiful with lots of nice jams, honey and delicious bacon. I think 8.30am at the weekend is EARLY for breakfast. Even 9am is a better time given that we were there for a relaxing weekend.
One particularly embarrassing incident was that both mornings I wore my Ugg boots, warm PJs and covered them up with a cardigan. Brian felt that this wasn't appropriate, asked me to change and interestingly, cited Tripadvisor as the reason! As I could have worn a similar tracksuit, wasn't in slippers and had covered the offending articles with a big wraparound cardigan, I thought this was a little over the top. Unfortunately I think the stay will now best be remembered for his comments rather than anything else which is a shame. We did have a laugh about it later.
Anita mentioned when we arrived that they had Wifi. I wanted to use Wifi on Saturday evening but wasn't able to get the log in and didn't like to disturb so maybe advertising what the log in is at the front desk by the stairs might be an idea.
Last point, the stairs up to the first floor are VERY steep. Not a problem for most people I'm sure but as I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis and my mother in law, who I was with (she stayed in Room 2 which was beautiful but noisy with trains and a busy road) has had her hip replaced and back surgery, we found the stairs a struggle.
Would I stay again? Probably not. I think I'd rather stay somewhere where I will get an ensuite and there is more flexibility with breakfast times given that after work all week a lie in at the weekend is nice. Maybe if I can get breakfast a bit later, I'll manage to get up and get dressed rather than wear my PJs!!

Room Tip: I think probably Room 1 is the best room as it would be less noisy that Room 2 and bigger with ensui...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Wisesarah
Midlands, UK
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Finding a great room in the perfect location at the last minute is not an easy task but Anita came to my rescue on a busy Bank Holiday weekend when I needed to find a place for a wedding. It couldn't have been more perfect. The location was ideal, the room was large and so comfortable, the breakfast filling and tasty and, finally, our hosts were welcoming and helpful with tips on restaurants and taxis. A wonderful introduction to Dorset for me. Many, many thanks!

• Stayed August 2011
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We had a very friendly welcome from Anita, who surprised my grandson when she knew his name (she'd asked for it when I booked so that she could make him feel special). We stayed in bedroom 1 which was extremely spacious even after having a camp bed put up for George. Very large bathroom that overlooked a field where we saw some deer grazing. The fresh eggs from their own chickens were so tasty as was the homemade jam, marmalade and bread. We would recommend this lovely B & B to everyone. Very good value for money too. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kirkham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This was our third visit to Holmebridge House and as on the previous two occasions our stay was wonderful. The service was excellent and nothing seemed too much trouble for Anita and Brian, who were brilliant hosts. Lots of helpful local knowledge too! The Full English Breakfast was truly memorable and set us up beautifully for the day. For those with a less hearty appetite there are plenty of other tasty options to choose from. The rooms have been beautifully decorated since our last visit. We had wonderful views over the fields and woodland to the rear of the property and on more than one occasion saw deer roaming in the field. Holmebridge is a good base for many of the area’s attractions. The house has a large private garden with plenty of off road parking. We were made to feel very welcome; more like friends than paying guests. We were sad to leave but travelled home in good spirits as we’d already arranged to return in 2012. Can’t wait!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holmebridge House? Share your experiences!