My wife and I recently stayed in the Corfe Castle area over a long weekend for a wedding. We ate in Mortons House Restaurant on the Friday night and this certainly lives up to its two AA rosette status. We had a drink while browsing the menu in the bar area and it was varied and modern - I ordered the pork belly and scallops, followed by pork fillet/cheek with a cassoulet of beans and spinach, whereas my wife ordered smoked ham hock ravioli with pea veloute, followed by breast of chicken with a wild mushroom risotto. Both courses were immaculately presented and full of flavour - also, the owners try to source food locally where possible. Dessert was vanilla rice pudding with Armagnac prunes, and coconut and lime parfait - delicious. We retired for coffee in the lounge which provided the perfect end to the evening. The accommodation was comfortable and traditional - we had a good night's sleep and the bathroom was spacious and well appointed. Breakfast on Sunday morning, in the main dining room, was very nice - the thick cut bacon rasher and perfectly poached egg being the highlight. I would definitely recommend Mortons House for a special weekend away - and eating in the restaurant is an absolute MUST!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 year old Elizabethan manor located in pretty Corfe Castle in Dorset. 21 Character en-suite rooms and an award-winning restaurant. The hotel is ideally situated close to the beaches at Studland, Swanage and Lulworth with numerous walks along the Jurassic Coast on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Mortons House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mortons Hotel Corfe Castle
- Mortons Corfe Castle
- Mortons House Hotel Corfe Castle, Dorset