“Family Get Together”

The Greyhound Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Corfe Castle
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The most photographed pub in Britain, nestles under the magestic remains of Corfe Castle. Large outdoor garden with views over the Swanage Railway and Castle. Simply delicious British food with a European twist. Locally sourced seafood with fresh produce from farmers, butchers and bakers. Large selection of real ales and Dorset ciders. Fish and Chip Takeaway. Hand made Italian pizza to go Food served all day. Live music every Friday. Two beer festivals May and August. Weddings, birthday parties and staff parties. Look at our website for details of our food festivals. 01929 480205
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Thanks again all at the Greyhound, what a fantastic evening we had, I started the evening with a glass of Red wine recommended by Alex , really good, the others had Lager and Cider, they certainly do a good range of Cider specially a Local one Dorset Draft, food was superb, I had Seafood Salad YUMMY, my partner had Fresh Crab looked amazing, our other family members had Mussels and they certainly were not disappointed, puddings I had Corfe Mess, and there were 2 Sticky Toffee Puddings and an Eton Mess Cheesecake. We have eaten here many times but, this meal was the best, so thank you Chef Mark and your side kick Mike, and Jaz for being a lovely waitress, the staff here are truly customer friendly, and I understand the Greyhound has a new Manager Michael, not forgetting the other staff Gareth, Ben and Matt.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Although the staff are very formal and not the most friendly, the service is very good and the food that we had on the 19th and 20th July 2013 was excellent!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Promised their speciality fish and chips. Soggy batter, tasteless and undercooked.

Fair enough. This can be put down to experience.

However this was a Saturday night and was surely catering for a holidaying family crowd.

If only the guy behind the bar knew this. We had to suffer his choice if music throughout. Unfortunately for the majority, this was a mix of 90s rave and hard core techno.

When asked on at least 3 occasions to change it to something more suitable, the waiting staff obliged. Grunge seemed to be their idea of an alternative! And then the ignorant, rude guy turned the techno back on each time.

Didn't come to Corfe Castle for a rave! Agree with other reviewer that this place simply does not care. They do not need to try so simply don't bother.

I ain't going again and I advise others to look elsewhere.

1  Thank JimmyD186411
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Only went for drinks so can't comment on the food. But have a drink in the garden! It's a fab view overlooking the castle.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I are from Brazil and my daughter in law and two granddaughters from Dallas. What could be a better setting than this?
We sat in the main bar had our drinks and the food came within the 30 minutes as originally advised. The food was good and wholesome not 5* but then you don't go to Corfe Castle for that.
Would definitely recommend to out of country visitors.