“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

very good beer and food. Genuine real ales, not the fizzy stuff that is often trumpeted as such. Interesting place - it's about twelve feet wide and half a mile long. Lovely garden.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having been recommended The Fox, by the local guy who worked at the Castle, we thought The Fox, would be great little find. Walking down into the garden we thought we would struggle to find a table, how wrong we were. We had the choice of lots of tables, probably due to the fact that each one looked as if it was about to buckle and snap,.... I would say every table and chairs/ bench needed replacing a long time ago. Having said this, the garden was quaint, even though the trees did need a blooming good trim !! I went to the bar to get myself, the good lady and my two girls (7 & 9yrs) a drink, and a menu. As I was at the bar, the chap behind the bar nodded his head in the air, as if to say yep! I asked for a pint of ale ( not bad), and a Pimms and lemonade to begin. He seved it in half pint beer mug with a handle, when I asked for a tall glass, he looked at me like I'd just landed from the planet Zog ! He then reached down, lifted up a half pint cider glass, rubbed it on his top, and poured the drink it its new glass !! Sweet!! I would say each glass was minimum 10yrs old, and they all needed replacing!! The bar area is old and well past it's sell by date and needs cleaning, repairing, rebuilding, or all of the mentioned! For me, this pub is far from quaint, it's old and needs a few quid spent on it. Not, to make it modern, but to make it clean and welcoming! Someone who smiles, talks, and knows a bit about drinks and their glasses would also be useful! Loo's? They need ripping out also. (My 7yr old said they are minging, and she never says anything bad) Having said all of that, when the food arrived, it was not bad, and was probably one of the best salads I've had!
Overall The Fox is strange one, somewhere of which we will not be going back to in a hurry. I was always under the impression that in a tourist area all the pubs there would be good to great. How wrong I was. We will always remember our visit to this pub!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The centre of Corfe is tourist orientated , naturally. But just 100 yds away, opposite the charming little museum, is the Fox Inn ,A very long , very colourful , garden with loads of seats. We had a local crab salad, fresh and tasty.The highlight though is the real ale, straight from the keg- try the local Piddle if you get the chance, a proper session beer.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a tiny old pub and my husband was delighted because they had some local ales on special (you know the ones where they are in the cask for you to view). We went outside to the gardena and could not believe our eyes - it was like a secret garden it wound on for ages and ages and was so packed with pretty pots and containers of all shapes and sizes just crammed full of the most beautiful variety of flowers and plants you could imagine, someone there definitely has green fingers. There was a well in the centre of the pub covered in glass which was originally outside but has been extended over - very cool!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We visited the Fox to say Hi to Graham and celebrate wife`s birthday . We chose the lamb and the vegetables were perfect , the Lamb was cooked excellently ,just as I like it and a bit pinker for Caroline . The red wine was up to scratch and the choice of Ales , 3 , was very palatable . Probably the best meal in a pub I have had for some time , and I have just come back from USA ! Good to find meals at reasonable prices that do not have chips ! With 3 wines and 2 pints the bill was under £40 for the pair of us and considerably cheaper than the other hostelries in the village ! Would thoroughly recommend the Fox Corfe Castle , go and try it . The garden and hanging baskets are a real picture at the moment.Pop in and say hi to Graham.