“Best lunch in Corfe!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olivers - CLOSED

Olivers
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Olivers is proud to be open once again under new management since June 2013. Serving high quality, Fairtrade coffee and food made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu will certainy leave you asking... "What will I have next time?" We hope to see you soon for a coffee, some cake and a chat!
London
“Best lunch in Corfe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Visited Oliver's today with two small granddaughters. Warm welcome from the staff who showed us to an ideal table -not too close to other diners and spotlessly clean. The children's menu was perfect with a good choice of sandwiches and drinks which arrived extremely promptly. Adult choice was also good with excellent panini and coffee.

Service was attentive and the children loved the friendly waitress! All together an excellent venue.

• Visited July 2013
LeighatOlivers, Owner at Olivers, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Olivers, really glad you found us up to standard. We are newly opened and the feedback is really helpful for us. Thanks again Leigh (your friendly waitress).

Hua Hin, Thailand
“From La Taverna to Oliver's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Different name, same good food. Agree with all previous reviews. Gnochi is 7 out of 10 only because it could have done with a bit more Gorgonzola....not quit blue enough, but texture is great. Penne and Risotto very yum. Finish the meal with their homemade Lemoncello and Tiramisu...to die for! Going back tonight.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
andover
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Been here mostly every year over the last 5 years,always good food.Have been to most other pubs and cafes in the area.But the food seems just plain and service with no interest.Have always found good service,and different menues.Can not wait to go back when in the area.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Staff Rude and Extremely Unpleasant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We decided to visit this venue after arriving on the Steam Train from Swanage to Corfe castle. There was 8 of us seeking a pleasant afternoon tea experience in this lovely Dorset town. We ordered Chocolate Cake, 2 x Lemon Cake, some Ice Cream a toasted Tea Cake and a couple of Cream Teas. The problem started with the Cakes all of which lacked flavour and the Lemon Cake was particularly unpleasant and artificial leaving a horrible after taste. I would of thought such a small establishment would take pride in using "First Class" suppliers or alternatively baking them fresh thereselves. The cakes Resembled the sort of mass produced frozen product you would find piled high in a Cash & Carry freezer.

The main problem when politely asked to swap over the Lemon Cakes for Cream Teas. A young staff member blurted out "Well how can you expect us to sell them now" I explained why we were unhappy but but he pushed past us saying he was'nt willing to talk to us........." I was then visited by an older lady who again was rude and guess what not an apology in sight.

I almost felt intimidated about making a complaint as I was with young members of my family.

Do not spend your hard earned holiday savings in this enviroment. What a poor advert for a beutiful place.

SB Guildford, Surrey

I stopped a member of staff

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank nicola b
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A coeliac's dream !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I have just come back from a very enjoyable stay at Olivers in Corfe Castle. We had a lovely room, clean, fresh and tastefully decorated. The room was very comfortable. I liked the gentle reminders about our collective responsibility for reducing waste of valuable resources.
Most importantly though, I am a vegetarian and have coeliac disease. I am used now to being really pleased if someone will make me an omelette or if risotto happens to be on the menu. You can imagine my sheer delight when I was able to have a THREE COURSE meal !! Not only did I have a choice but it was heavenly !! Goats cheese starter, very tasty mousaka which they specially made with cornflour and banana terrine to finish ! WOW. The service was excellent and couldn't be faulted.
I am lucky in as much as my husband is orgainised and wrote prior to our visit to ask whether they would be able to accommodate my dietary needs. They had bought in pasta bread etc. in preparation.
Coeliac disease effects one in every hundred people, after our stay at Olivers due to the care shown to us I was left feeling like 'one in a million'.
Thank you to all at Olivers for making the weekend such an enjoyable, relaxing and special experience.

• Visited July 2011