“Excellent all round value for money”
Review of The Bank House

The Bank House
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Charmouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family run friendly cafe open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & Dinner. We source local produce wherever possible and our food is freshly cooked to order. A warm welcome awaits customers old and new.
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent all round value for money”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were staying in Charmouth for a week's holiday with family as well as celebrating my 50th birthday. We decided to support a local restaurant for my birthday meal. The surroundings were clean and the staff/owners very friendly and accommodating. It was extremely busy, so recommend you book a few days in advance for an evening meal. Food was hot & plenty of it. Value for money definitely. Will be returning when we next come down to Charmouth. Thank you for making my 50th birthday a happy & memorable one.
Moore Family

• Visited August 2014

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“very good lunch!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had a very good lunch, beer battered fish and chips and an all day breakfast. Fish was nice and fresh and the batter crispy. The breakfast was also fresh with good quality bacon and sausages. Service was friendly and everything nice and clean. It is a sort of an upmarket cafe.... but would recommend it for a good satisfying lunch.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, good food”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The review title says it all really. We were staying nearby and wanted to walk to a restaurant to avoid taking the car anywhere. This place was busy the whole time were were in town, but the service was friendly and we weren't kept waiting too long.
Food was of a good quality.
I would recommend this place; but given it's popularity, especially during the season, I probably don't have to.

Visited August 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“DON'T EAT AT THE BANK HOUSE! WORST FOOD EVER!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Me and my wife came down to charmouth for a long weekend a couple of weeks back and to be honest charmouth as a town was lovely. We decided on the staturday to dine at the bank house and with reading the amazing reviews we thought it would be a great place to eat. Our starters were OK but the sea food platter that both me and my wife had was under cooked and had no taste what so ever almost like frozen Preservative's which Im starting to think it was as my wife found plastic in here food. we asked a waiter if we could have a word and he said he will be over in a second. Despite the food be terrible the atmosphere was really bad I nipped to the toilets which were not clean and heard the same waiter or "presumed boss" being very high rate with his staff. they offered us something from the sweet menu but we were hesitant and wanted to make a quick escape after paying which was extremely over priced. We had to go to the counter to pay because the staff were to lazy to bring us the bill. I would definitely not recommend dining here.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Steve W
Clair185, Owner at The Bank House, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your review.
I'm sorry your experience at the bank house wasn't a good one. The seafood platter you had is per packed and is supplied from a main supplier in the uk. I'm sorry you supposedly found plastic in your platter if I was made aware of this I could of done another one for you.. But what I don't understand is how you didn't even mention this to a member of staff while you were eating. You say you couldn't track a member of staff down. The eating area only has 7 tables. We always come round and check to make sure your enjoying your food, but one of my main concerns of this review is you didn't even mention this when paying. This is the bit I really don't understand, you went to the counter and actually paid for it with out mentioning it, if I had found plastic in my meal, I would of refused to pay.
You also say the toilets were dirty. These are checked and cleaned regularly. If you found them to be disappointing you should of made a staff member aware.
My lazy staff !!! My staff and myself like to leave you to enjoy your meal with out you feeling like your being rushed to eat and pay. I've never known it to have a bad atmosphere, We are in a holiday resort not a city. We like to think you are feeling relaxed and not rushed to get out of the building. We are sorry to hear you didn't have a good time, just a shame you had to say all of this on trip advisor and not talk to us while you were here.
Clair and vic
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Value Meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have visited this restaurant a number of times, but only got to eat once.

The meals were excellent and the service very good.

The atmosphere is one of a 'posh cafe' rather than a restaurant.

On a sunny day you can sit at the front on Charmouth's charming high street.

• Visited March 2014