Just stayed here for 3 nights in a Superior double room with breakfast. The hotel also does a deal on a dinner and b& b package which looks a real bargain.
We were welcomed enthusiastically ( note to certain other hoteliers - this makes a huge difference to how your hotel is perceived ). And this set the tone for a highly enjoyable stay with friendly and efficient service
Some might think the room that we were in ( room 10 ) was smallish for a superior rate but we thought that it was a perfectly comfortable size and besides, any shortcomings in this area are more than made up for by the view down towards the cliffs and the sea. This room, seemingly part of an extension , had been wisely given two large windows to maximise the view and the unique light on this part of the coast.
We didn't have dinner at the hotel but did have a bar meal one night. It was very good , as are the breakfasts.
The building work seems to have been extended into August, but we weren't affected by it and its hard to see that many of the rooms would be so don't let that put you off.
Highly recommended for a combined country and seaside break. Be warned though - the lane up to the village is very narrow - watch out for those stonewalls when reversing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the small Dorset village of Eype, near Bridport, Eype's Mouth Country Hotel is a family run 17 bedroom hotel. With superb sea views and only a few minutes walk to the beach, the hotel occupies a unique position on the Heritage Coastline. This stunning location, recently filmed Broadchurch television drama, provides the opportunity to walk along the Coastal Path with much to explore and observe for the keen rambler, ornithologist, anthropologist or geologist.Overlooking Lyme Bay and the beautiful coastal path, the Restaurant offers a three course table d'hote menu with plenty of choice for each course. Changed daily, the menu is created by Chef to take advantage of the locally produced foods and includes specialities such as locally caught fish, superb meats and fruit and vegetable farm produce from just north of Bridport. The Admirals Bar is located on the ground floor and open all day to residents. Perfect for pre-dinner drinks, sit and relax over a well deserved aperitif and a few nibbles and peruse the menu. After dinner, retire to the comfort of the bar or residents lounge for coffee with a brandy or liqueur. A Bar Snack Menu for residents is available Noon - 2pm and 6.30Pm - 8.30Pm daily. This is also available to non-residents during the winter months. A cosy bar with a traditional log fire. The Smugglers Bar is a fine old world cellar bar open during the summer months only. It is ideal if you are visiting the area just for the day or staying locally and are looking for a drink or meal. A Bar Food Menu is served 12 noon - 2pm and 6.30Pm - 8.30Pm. Our bars have an array of fine beers. The local Palmers Brewery (Bridport) provides an excellent traditional real ale with their IPA whilst a guest real ale is often available in the Smugglers Bar. The Smugglers Bar is open from Good Friday until the end of October each year. Opening hours are 11am (12 noon Sundays) until 10pm. The Coastal Lounge is the ideal place to enjoy a light snack, coffee or tea or just to relax with a good book and admire the beautiful seaviews and stunning landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Eype's Mouth Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eypes Mouth Country Bridport
- Hotel Eypes Mouth Country
- Eype's Mouth Country Hotel Bridport, Dorset