“Perfect Cream Tea”
Review of Mangerton Mill

Mangerton Mill
Ranked #13 of 43 things to do in Bridport
Reviewed February 2, 2014

A lovely cream tea- great portions for a great price. Pretty sure it's all homemade too! Served in a lovely setting with lovely staff. must-visit tucked away near Bridport!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We love Mangerton Mill! It's a beautiful place to visit, a lovely lake with lots of wildlife. Little craft shops, a museum, art gallery, picture framer and best of all a lovely tea room with a super lunch menu. We can take the dog there and into the tea rooms and there's no entry fee.

2  Thank Lindylou1957
Reviewed November 3, 2013

if you can find this little gem its well worth the trip alone , great setting in old mill , lakes and grounds superb , good food , nice to relax here

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wife had the blt was to die for she said. I had soup and bread. Food is good but there is limited choice. They do good homely cakes.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have visited this tea room for many years whenever I visit my mother and the cream teas have always been excellent. However, I took some German guests here today for a much anticipated cream tea and what a disappointment! The scones used to be served warm - today they were cold. However, the worst thing was the clotted cream which I reckon had been frozen, It was so solid, it was impossible to spread on the scones without breaking them. The cheap stainless steel teapot poured tea everywhere except in the cup! On the plus side, my mother had a carrot and sweet potato soup which she said was lovely. I don't know if the owners have changed since my last visit or they were just having a bad day today, but I hope they take this constructive criticism from a caterer on board. The setting of the tea room is perfect with the mill and duck pond plus delightful shops all around,

2  Thank Andrew M