“Fantastic”

Crown Inn Uploders
Ranked #5 of 140 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A 200 year old country pub in the heart of the Village. Opening times are 11.30 -2.30 & 6.30 to 11pm. We serve meals lunchtimes 12noon until 2pm. Evenings 6.30 to 9pm. Sundays is traditional Roasts served from 12 noon until 2.30pm. Mondays closed. We have 3 Curry Evenings a month from 6.30 to 9pm(& one in house friendly Darts night). Followed by Davids fun quiz. A warm welcome from Karin & David & their team
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

What a roast , this is one you must visit . A classic traditional pub , great food ,log fires and fantastic ales . Will call again

Reviewed February 25, 2014

One of the nice sunny days in February,and we decided to go into the Dorset countryside, and sample some local food.
Maybe they were exhausted after half term, but the first three pubs we chose were closed at lunch time. The Crown was a pub we had both visited in the past, so we were quite happy to lunch there again.
We were greeted by a nice log fire, and nested alongside. We were offered three menus,a main. menu,a specials, and a fixed price two or three course menu.
I chose the black pudding and apple as a starter,which was fine as a starter.
As main meals my partner went for The Fisherman's pie, whilst I had the game pie full of chunks of venison. Both dishes were very enjoyable and full of taste.
We were more than satisfied with the food, but unfortunately were not hungry enough to do full justice to the menu

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was staying in Loders for the Christmas and New Year period and went to this pub a few times. My first visit was the Sunday before Christmas for dinner which was very nice, roast pork with roast potatoes and a variety of vegetables. The we went down for a Christmas day drink, Boxing day drink, a Saturday drink and for new years Eve. Each time the pub was busy, especially on new years eve which was jam packed. There is a lovely atmosphere in the pub. Phil and Gemma who have the pub are friendly and welcoming. Phil has a wide range of knowledge on wines if you are a wine drinker. The food is home cooked not bought in ready made to reheat which is an added bonus, nothing worse than a place that buys in their ready made food. I would definitely go again when I next visit Dorset.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Managed by a couple who understand and have plenty of experience in the food/beverage industry. As a result, the food is excellent and ingredients all locally sourced. Great variety on the menu but I'm hooked on probably the best in Dorset, fish and chips. Good beer and wine selection. Tasteful decor and log fire in the winter. In the warmer months, garden boasts views of the Dorset countryside. Presentation and service is faultless. I have know this pub for nearly 30 years and for the first time, it ticks all the boxes

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My daughter's 22nd birthday, range of ages, 22 - 54. Starters, mains, both including meat and fish/shellfish and a couple of puddings, red and white wines, all very, very, good. Not often I eat out and it's faultless, service too especially for 7 people. This was and prices very reasonable.