“Best pizzas ever.”

Ranked #33 of 134 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is where it all began! Our first Stable restaurant, located at the back of The Bull Hotel in deepest Dorset. The story began in 2006 when Richard and Nikki took on the mammoth challenge of transforming a former 16th century coaching inn into a thriving boutique hotel. During The Hotel's revival they discovered the beautiful old stable block, which looked so far beyond repair they left it vacant for years. When Richard's brother Andy returned from his travels they came up with the idea to turn the space into a cider house, serving gourmet Dorset pizzas unlike anything else. In 2009, after a whole lot of hard graft, The Stable was born. It was a huge success and remains incredibly popular amongst locals and holidaymakers.
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
“Best pizzas ever.”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The atmosphere is just right, the pizzas are exceptionally fine, we have enjoyed coming here since it opened. They have a winning formula as we have also been to The Stable in Weymouth and that is fabulous as well.

Visited June 2014

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Ok but that's all”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

When it opened it was ace but with each visit it gets less so. The garlic bread is a poor shadow of its former stunning self and the pizza is following in the same direction. We wished we had gone to the Watch House where the pizzas are superb. We have always hated the unnamed wine in a caraf which seems like a throwback to the 60s. Won't be going back again.

1 Thank Sheen W
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Trendy”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a trendy place which we have visited on a couple of occasions with our two teenage sons. it appears to appeal the 20 - 30 something age group.
There are rustic wooden communal benches, bricked walls, menus on clipboards, staff in casual clothing etc.
The menu is small and limited to pizzas/pies and a few salads and desserts.

Plus points; It is nice to see chefs cooking the pizzas while you wait, there is a huge selection of ciders and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Negatives; my husband and I always leave with the feeling that, for the prices charged, food could be improved somewhat; I always have a salad, because, like most of us ladies I like to watch my weight, and this is the only thing on the menu I can choose.
Altho' the descriptions of salads are enticing, I have always been left rather underwhelmed on each occasion; lots of 'leafage' not much of anything else.
Pizzas are very thin and crispy, and toppings can sometimes be a bit light which you wouldn't mind if you weren't paying over £10 for each one.
I am sure we will visit again, although I can't help thinking it would be everyones cup of tea.

• Visited July 2014
Warsaw, Poland
“The cider saves it”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was there for a larger do and although the pizzas looked reasonable, I wasn't particularly impressed with my vegetarian pie (read and mash). The cider selection, however, was extensive and interesting. Would definitely come back for that.

Visited July 2014
“Awful”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Warm cider and poor food. People who visit this place have low standards it seems. Now that Fullers have bought it I hope things get better.

2 Thank Linn P