“Awesome Pizza, Amazing Ciders”
Review of The Stable

The Stable
Ranked #41 of 141 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is where it all began! Our first Stable restaurant, located at the back of The Bull Hotel in deepest Dorset. The story began in 2006 when Richard and Nikki took on the mammoth challenge of transforming a former 16th century coaching inn into a thriving boutique hotel. During The Hotel's revival they discovered the beautiful old stable block, which looked so far beyond repair they left it vacant for years. When Richard's brother Andy returned from his travels they came up with the idea to turn the space into a cider house, serving gourmet Dorset pizzas unlike anything else. In 2009, after a whole lot of hard graft, The Stable was born. It was a huge success and remains incredibly popular amongst locals and holidaymakers.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not your usual pizza place. The Stable, has a great atmosphere, friendly staff and the pizzas are superb. The list of ciders is huge. Take a couple of friends book a cab and look forward to great night out.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

But the salads and pies were disappointing. Great location with benches and big tables all just off East Street but do stick to what they do best.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great pizza, great atmosphere, great decor, what more can you ask for. We will be back, and will also check out Bristol & Bath Stables

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love this place. The first time I was in Bridport I missed this restaurant and it wasn't until I parked in the back of the hotel it's behind that I realised it was there. Eating pizza out is difficult for me. I suffer from Coeliac disease and to add insult to injury am also lactose intolerant. Doesn't stop me dreaming of a good pizza......the search ended and dream became reality at The Stable. They do all of their pizza's on a gluten free base and the cheese can be swapped for goats cheese. This was amazing. The cherry on top was a taster board of varying ciders to go with the pizza. Service was great with myself ordering at the bar and then shortly after being freshly cooked the pizza was there. Some nights they have live bands which I was informed are very popular but I didn't get a chance to experience this. On a subsequent visit they had run out of gluten free bases and I had to have a salad but even this was delicious and above my expectation. Very fresh and delicious. I'd recommend this to anybody who enjoys pizza and cider. Its on my list for future visits!

1  Thank jjclarke101
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I decided to eat at The Stable before going to the theatre in Bridport. The Stable is at the rear of the Bull's Head Hotel and has an indoor area with long tables and also tables in the pretty courtyard area, which is where we ate. It is an old building so has the character which we enjoy when we eat out. The Stable specialises in pizzas, pies and ciders (50+ varieties), using local produce wherever possible.
We each ordered pizzas. They had ultra thin crusts, which I really prefer, but we both thought that the toppings were very salty ( we did not add salt ) and that they were not particularly good value for money. The owners of The Stable have plans to open a small chain of these restaurants, but they may face stiff competition. Pizza Express, Zizzis and Prezzos do much better pizzas.
The staff were all really good, as was the service.
All in all, rather disappointed. Will not return to eat there.