“Dorset cycling treat”

Jurassic Electric Bike Adventures
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Bridport
More attraction details
Owner description: Jurassic Electric Bikes helps people discover beautiful West Dorset with its award-winning electric bike tours. These amazing machines make cycling an absolute breeze and carefully selected itineraries introduce guests to the spectacular landscapes, vibrant history and delicious produce found in the area. Scheduled half day tours with prices starting at £30 per person run throughout the year while bespoke events with a range of refreshment options are available on request. Tour price includes electric bike, helmet and pannier hire and the services of a knowledgeable local guide.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were spending weekend in Dorset for 10 sad 50 year olds and we spent the day with Martin and the fabulous electric cycles ( although one of our party was determined to have a work out and did not use the power button!). The cycle ride was lovely,, quiet roads' beautiful views and a great stop at a pub. Martin was very well organised, the bikes were excellent.
- all very professional and very well organised. We plan to do this again very soon .

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We saw Marshwood Vale and surrounding countryside in a different light. Thanks Martin for a terrific experience with electric bikes

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Did a 3 hour bike tour last week,it was really good.I like cycling but have never been tempted to put bikes on back of car to cycle this area as it is just too hilly for me on a standard bike.The electric bikes are amazing-prolonged,steep gradients require a small amount of input from the rider.Quiet country lanes and beautiful scenery,all with very little effort-fabulous!Martin is a nice,friendly guy who points out things of interest en-route.Thoroughly enjoyable experience which i hope to repeat next year,trying a different route.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I hadn't been on a bike for 32 years - till riding 17 miles (relatively) effortlessly and with great joy yesterday. On a perfect Autumn morning, we saw the beauties of Marshwood Vale flying (and - of course - occasionally crawling!) along on our electric bikes. Martin is the most reassuring and helpful of mentors and guides - taking 5 of us on a wonderful exploration of the back lanes and hidden treasures of trhe Marshwood Vale.

We never felt any pressure to be better cyclists - and were treated with great patience and helpfulness throughout. As a bike enthusiast, excxellent teacher and pleasant friendly person, Martin's perfectly-suited for this role. He also - without fussing - takes your safety and comfort very seriously, and we always felt well-cared for and watched over responsibly. I found myself surprisingly nervous before the ride - would I be able to do it still? Would I be the dunce of the group? Would I hold everyone back? In the event, I felt 17 again (no mean feat!) and found
the morning completely invigorating, energising and delightful. With Martin's support and encouragement - we all seemed to grow in confidence by the moment. There are 5 or 6 other rides on offer and - as a Dorset resident - I'm already planning to work my way through all of them as a total convert to the ease and fun of electric bikes and the terrific tutelage and guidance of Marshwood Trails.

1  Thank jojoDorset
Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a great experience! I rented a bike from Martin for 4 days when staying at Hector's House in Musbury while doing a course at River Cottage. Everyone thought I was insane to bike the distance and the hills....

Not so bad if you have one of these bad boys that help you over the hills and thru the valleys. A few e-mails with Martin, and everything was all sorted! He showed up on time with two bikes for me to test. And guess what?! As I had no idea about the area nor the bikes- he took his time to set me up, and then created a map and we rode all the way from my accommodation to River Cottage and back where my course was- just so that I would be ok on my own the next day. Really friendly and patient, Martin is also very knowledgeable about the region.

You would miss out if you don't see him if you are planning to visit the area. He knows the beautiful country side very well and will arrange a nice bike trip for you to see some of the best spots with the best views. The bikes are in perfect condition and are very easy to use as well. If you want a bit of a work-out, keep the power at a lower level. If you don't want to feel like you are on a bike, crank up the power and you will go up the hills with a minimum exertion.

Thank you for everything Martin!