“Don't go there” 1 of 5 bubbles

Three Horseshoes Inn
Ranked #59 of 131 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Don't go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner,children and I was staying in the area and after a recommendation decided to try out the three horseshoes. My first impression of the place was that it seemed a cosy pub , but was not really welcoming.being vegan there was only one thing on the menu and hardly Any vegetarian dishes. But what nailed it for me was when I think it was the landlady came over to my table and said to my kids if you can't be quite you will have to leave. My kids can be noisy sometimes but then kids are, the was not running around the place they were sat at the table , I was told they are children friendly but clearly if your child speaks in a loud tone then its out the door, it left me feeling that they didn't want us in the place and I was glad to leave. Tip if you just want a quick drink then fine if you want to take kids and feel welcome avoid at all costs. Will not be going back in the near future.

4 Thank jennyw123

hertfordshire
“Good Pub Food - A Chef that can cook a steak how you want!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

A chef that can cook a steak the way you ask i have found to be a rare thing. Steak was cooked to perfection could not fault it. Steak and Ale pie was a proper pie, not one of these silly "pot" pies were you only get pastry on the top. Did not have dessert as to be honest nothing that took my fancy - apple pie would have been good :) Lovely staff and lovely garden out the back - will defo visit again.

• Visited July 2012
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Meal, Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Had an evening meal here in the Bar area of the pub. This is NOT ordinary pub food. The food is simply fantastic, an excellent chef, varied menus, all freshly sourced produce. Very relaxed and friiendly service atmosphere. Highly highly recommend visiting here if you are in the area. Although driving to Powerstock does mean negotiating a few little narrow lanes.. its very well worth it. Picturesque location.

The pub had a very traditional, friendly feel to it,

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Very expensive and very poor food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We took my 90 year old Mother-in-Law here for lunch having travelled down from Gloucestershire to taker her out for the day. We all ordered ham, egg & chips from the menu, but when it arrived, the ham was of very poor quality, the fried eggs were like bullets, the yoke was completely solidified and sadly, the chips which were obviously frozen, were the best thing on the plate. We felt the price of £8.95 each for what was presented to us as a pub meal, was way over the top. Also the price of drinks, £6.00 for a schooner of sherry was ridiculous!
In different circumstances my husband and I would have challenged the quality and prices at the time, but didn't want to upset my Mother-in-Law.
Needless to say we won't be going there again, and perhaps the chef/cook should learn how to fry an egg!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Maggie A
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub in a pretty village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We only called in for a sandwich and a drink and were please we did. Sunny garden at the back, full range of Palmers ales plus a couple of ciders on tap.

Friendly staff and a nice ambience throughout. Only slight adverse comment - for the money it would be nice if the sandwiches were made with decent local bread rather than what seemed to be supermarket sliced. Well filled with crab and beef but so much nicer to support one of the bakers in Bridport.

• Visited June 2012