“Good carvery and friendly staff”

Market House Pub + Kitchen
Ranked #68 of 140 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary designed with various areas for small and large groups. Large outside patio to the rear and pavement tables to the front. Food served all day from 9am to 10pm with a carvery on Sunday. Traditional freshly made Pub Food with a ever changing Specials Board. The largest selection of Beers, Wines, Spirits and Soft Drinks in Bridport
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We visited the Market House with relatives who live locally and recommended it. The carvery was very good. There was a choice of beef, turkey or ham. I chose the beef which was not over-cooked but not too pink. The portions were generous and the accompanying vegetables were all in good condition and looked appetising. It all tasted good too.

We were unable to resist the dessert menu and there was a good range. It all looked as though it had been made on the premises rather than bought in from a wholesalers. I had the mango syllabub which was served with vanilla ice cream. Lovely.

Service was friendly and efficient. Highly recommended if you are in Bridport.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant and still great food and service. the staff are so friendly and polite . We went on Wednesday lunch time and it was busy . My cottage pie was the best I have ever had. My husband had the lamb which was on the specials board, and my children had scampi and chips. We all loved our meal. My children had a cookie hot chocolate which was heavenly!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service, fantastic food and was happy to answer any questions and went to find out if he didn't know, especially the odd fruit that you got with the cheese board, oh and the smoked cheese on the cheese board was gorgeous. Will definatly be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Popped to Bridport whilst in the area as it was Market Day, visited the Market House as its know for its coffee in the town, only to see the Chef preparing the Carvery ready for lunch, would have been rude not to stay and sample and my Husband and I were glad we did, the Waitress said we could have home cooked soup or our coffee included along with our carvery for 8.95, bargain I must add, place was busy and the atmosphere perfect. Dont be put off by how busy it gets, it makes the whole experience better!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited The Market House late on a Sunday afternoon. We were greeted by a very pleasant waitress and both ordered a carvery meal. We knew we were taking a chance by doing so as you never know how long stuff has been sat for but were pleasantly surprised.
There was a choice of turkey, pork or beef and a very good selection of vegetables. The chef was friendly and chatted away as he served our meat.
I think it was around 8 or 9.95 each and was very good value. All of the staff we came across were more than helpful and friendly.
We'd definitely recommend this little gem. A full menu was on offer as well as the carvery.