“Deli/Cafe done to perfection”
Review of Jaxsons Deli - CLOSED

Jaxsons Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A really neat deli in Bridport, serving simple but fantastic home made food all sourced from within their deli. Check out the huge range of West Country cheeses too
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I had been looking forward to visiting Jaxsons Deli since seeing all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor, and jumped at the chance to visit for lunch with a couple of friends.

Having just five tables, only 3 of which are actually inside the deli (the other two outside but sheltered), Jaxsons has a very cosy atmosphere. Surrounded by more biscuits, cheese and knick-knacks that you can possibly imagine (which it occurred to me, many of which would make excellent Christmas presents...), the simple breakfast and lunch menu showcases the Delis excellent range of local produce, especially cheeses, from cheddar to blue cheese and everything in-between.

I chose the mushrooms and cheese on toast, my friends chose ploughmans, and pate & toast respectively.

Although there was a ten minute plus wait, the bearded waiter (and possibly owner?) came to our table to apologise for the wait, which was understandable as they were also serving their day-to-day deli customers! The wait was worth it in the end, as my dish was perfect, nice well done toast, lovely melted cheddar and a generous portion of well-seasoned mushrooms, very filling and very well presented.

My coffee was also perfect (good coffee is easier to detect when you have it black with no sugar...), and my friends also enjoyed their dishes, not a scrap was left between the three of us.

All in all, a very pleasurable lunch, in an interesting environment, with friendly but not over familiar service.

This little Deli is a credit to Bridport.

Highly recommended!

(Looking forward to getting back there and trying some breakfast items next time...)

1  Thank Oliver C

Reviewed October 16, 2013

we sayed near bridport and visited a number of times on aa saturday when the market was on. we found Jaxsons on the third visit and came to the conclusion this was the best place in Bridport for a coffe and light lunch. Their cheese selection and delicasiesis on sale are brilliant. We will definatly visit next year when we are staying in the area.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visit Bridport at least twice a year and would not think of missing out a visit here. The little treats in this shop make it easy to get carried away especially if you are hungry. As a lover of cheese this is my little piece of heaven. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable on their products they sell, just wish it was a bit closer

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to jaxsons as we were passing through to dorchester and called in for a coffee,although there isnt a lot of seating inside there are a few tables outside as well. It was nice as we were having a cake with or coffee to look at all the delicasies on display. The cakes were a good portion and staff very friendly would recommend a visit if in Bridport.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Whilst visiting Bridport, we checked reviews on trip advisor and plumped for Jaxsons'. What a great little find. Only 3 tables in the shop and 2 outside, but well worth it. We both choose ploughmans; hubby chose "ham and cheese" and I had the "west country - 3 cheese".

Both were great portion sizes with a variety of different things to try on the plate all of which you could purchase at the deli after if so wished. We both cleared our plates. Absolutely delicious, fantastic deli and friendly knowledgeable staff.