“Wonderful find in Bridport, Dorset”
Review of Jaxsons Deli - CLOSED

Jaxsons Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A really neat deli in Bridport, serving simple but fantastic home made food all sourced from within their deli. Check out the huge range of West Country cheeses too
London
“Wonderful find in Bridport, Dorset”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

During a recent visit to the Jurassic Coast, we stumbled upon this wonderful place! Jaxson's Deli is a gem with a dizzying range of deli produce - on the shelves, there are chutneys, jams, chocolates, biscuits and more and there's a fabulous range of locally made cheeses. The lunches are simple, very tasty and generous, served with fresh salad and crisps. The wow factor, though, are the cakes. In keeping with being in Dorset, we tried two of the area's most famous cakes with our (also very good) coffees. My friend had the Lemon Drizzle and I had the Dorset Apple. They were both incredibly moist and so delicious, as proper home-made cakes should be. We've tried these signature cakes in many other places in the area. Jaxson's really puts the others to shame.

The staff are friendly and warm so you feel very looked after - how often do you find that level of service these days? It's a welcoming and relaxing place, such a refreshing change from your bog-standard cafes and eateries. We'll make sure we call in to Jaxson's again whenever we're in the area. 10/10!

• Visited July 2013

Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“Fabulous...”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My parents intoduced us to this fantastic cafe/deli when we were visiting. They do a fanstastic selection of freshly made food - very friendly, relaxed atmostphere and great service too! The good bit is that you can buy all the cheeses/hams/cakes to take home after as well! They also do a nice range of local gits along with the deli... look no further...

• Visited September 2012
yeovil
“What a lovely place!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stumbled across Jaxson's on our way back to the bus station after spending some time in West Bay. My hubby stopped to pick up a free newspaper which was on a rack outside. He said "hey, it's a little cafe, let's have a cuppa!" So in we went. A sign on the wall said to take a seat and someone will come and take your order. We sat down, and a lady appeared immediately at our table. We ordered a pot of tea for two and two pieces of homemade Victoria sponge cake. This arrived speedily and we really enjoyed it. It was a very pleasant place, with lovely checked tablecloths and such friendly staff. The best part was when I went to pay and got change from £6.50p!! Fantastic little place and good food and great value for money. Hope to go back and buy some bits and pieces from the deli soon.

• Visited June 2013
Cheltenham
“Wish it was mine!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Heavenly little place which is just perfect for breakfast or toasted teacake and a cuppa. Do as we did and pick up some cheese and treats while you're here. Love it!

• Visited March 2013
barnsley
“Lovely”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I found this place on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. I e-mailed first for directions as I was a tourist and their response was speedy and friendly. The deli/cafe is bright, clean and inviting and service was friendly. I had soup which I was told was freshly made and a ham and coleslaw sandwich which was excellent. The menu is varied enough to cater for all tastes and as I ate my lunch numerous people called in and they were obviously regulars.
There is variety of produce for sale from local cheeses,teas and biscuits to pickled walnuts!
This was a very pleasant stop for a tourist