“''Seafood Spectacular'' lives up to it's name”
Review of Olive Tree

Olive Tree
Ranked #8 of 140 Restaurants in Bridport
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A friendly restaurant serving Mediterranean food using local seasonal produce, cooked in our open kitchen! Our dishes are prepared to order so we are able to accommodate gluten-free and other dietary preferences.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went here for a meal while staying at a holiday rental in Walditch. It was a Thursday night when they had live guitar music which made the evening more special. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was cooked in an open kitchen so you could see the two chefs working.We had scallops to start which were cooked to perfection and then the amazing seafood spectacular which looked fantastic and tasted even better. The plate was heaped with mussels, prawns and smoked fish with a piece of hake on the top. One of the best , if not the best, sea food meals I have had. Will definitely eat there again when next in the area.

OliveTreeBridport, Owner at Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My partner and I went here for a birthday lunch with his vegetarian mother. The selection for his mother was not vast but apparently delicious, and both our main meals were great; I had prawn linguine and he had the catch of the day. His haddock was very fresh and delicious with excellent sides and sauce accompaniment. My linguine was perfectly cooked with a delicious creamy tomato sauce. Portions were all good sizes and the prices were very reasonable. The decor was ok but a little cheap and the bench seat I was sat on could do with reupholstering. All in all great food with a reasonable price, I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I were shopping in Bridport on 26th January, and wanted something more special than pub food. The Olive Tree's menu looked interesting, so we gave it a try. The staff were welcoming and friendly, and very accommodating when I told them about my dietary problems. We ordered two of the pasta dishes, which were absolutely delicious, and for dessert my wife had the creme brulee, which was superb, and I had blueberry sorbet, which was excellent. Service was faster than we had expected, since it was Saturday lunchtime. The manager and staff were attentive without being overbearing, and the chef (who was at the opposite end of the restaurant) was clearly delighted when we gave him the thumbs-up. Everyone was committed to giving the customers a most enjoyable experience. The bill was a pleasant surprise, certainly no more than mediocre pub meals we've suffered, and my wife and I agreed that it will be worth making the 34 mile round trip Bridport again just to eat at the Olive Tree.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We absolutely love this place! We go as often on a Tuesday as possible for the incredible tapas. Fresh mussels, chorizo and squid are all amazing. The chef is always helpful and willing to adjust the menu to suit our preferences and comes round at the end of the evening which is a nice touch. Good wine list with local options and bottled beers on offer. As already mentioned, the ice cream is incredible! Definitely recommend the hazelnut or the pistachio. The white chocolate and amaretto tart (i think that's what it is?!) is INCREDIBLE. And such good value too. Tapas for 2, a bottle of wine, 2 desserts and coffee is around £50 which considering the quality, service an great atmosphere is a bargain! Live guitarist is a nice touch too. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Olive Tree is probably consistently the best bet for a lovely meal in Bridport. The service is gently delightful, the menu thoughtful and the food prepared with attention and panache by the chef. The local Dorset wines are remarkably good and the ice cream some of the best I've ever had. As a rule I'd never choose ice cream as a desert, but having had a taste of the kids choices, I'm now keen to work my way through the whole range of flavours. Thanks Olive Tree - a great restaurant just down the road!