“Very Un clean , cold , over priced”

Seacroft Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridport
Seacroft Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Bridport
Reviewed June 20, 2012

On arrival we was greeted by bill who seemed ok then was shown to our room which at first glance seemed fine. Went straight out as we had come all way from Essex to celebrate dads birthday when we arrived back at room it was very cold and the heating was not on. I was very disappointed as me an my friend had our two small babies and I thought that this would be taken into consideration there was not much I could do about it as it was 11:05 so therefore we decided to put the babies in bed with us so we knew they would not be cold which ment that we ourselves did not have a very comfortable sleep. Got up following morning asked what was available for breakfast as there was no menu and we was told we had already had a full English cooked and that's what we was getting. Went back to room and started getting ready and making babies bottles when I noticed there was water left in kettle with a film on top so decided to wash kettle out and boil it a couple of time before I finally used it for bottles and then later on that day go to feed baby and there was white froth at bottom of her bottle so then I couldn't use them so spent all day trying to find somewhere which my milk which wasted a day with my family. Then just had enough and wanted to leave went back and spoke to bill he was very rude intimidating did not want to give any discount as I wasn't staying for second night even though I had said about kettle he wasn't listening and dismissed our problems with room made us pay full price and spoiled our family weekend. Would obviously not recommend this bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Jennadowns

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night. Looks a little bland from the outside but has free car parking at the back which is real bonus.
The room was quite cosy/small and basic with a small tv. The remote did not work from the bed and so everytime we turned it up, down or over we had to stand close to the tv defeating the point of a remote!
The breakfast was excellent, lots on offer and really well cooked. The property is close to the harbour and there are plenty of fish and chip stands.
overall we would recommend it as long as you remember it is basic, but personally we would not want to stay longer than a night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Welcoming, Clean, comfortable, excellent breakfast. We were very pleased and it was just what we wanted for our four night break. Bill and Diane were lovely people and excellent hosts.
Thank you.
Mr and Mrs Steel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My partner and I, my two brothers, and nephew stayed here for two nights whilst attending my fathers wedding.
We were warmly welcomed by the lovely couple running the B&B, and helped with our luggage.
The rooms and en-suites were light and very clean. Spacious enough with lots of drawers and hanging space, a 15" LCD tv, and plenty of tea/coffee making facilities and biscuits. The bed was very comfortable.
Although I didn't have breakfast, the rest of our party had full-english breakfasts on both mornings and said they were very good. The breakfast room was tastefully done.
Although there is no seaviews (of course that made the prices much cheaper than if there had been), except for the top room, the bay is within a minutes walk away.
The seagulls are very noisy but always remind you you're by the sea and a fishing town!
Overall for the price and location I though this was an absolute bargain, run by a friendly welcoming couple, and I would recommend this to anyone for an affordable short seaside break.
We will probably stay again when visiting next.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southcoastgirl
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I find it hard to believe that some of the older reviews are accurate and are actually for Seacroft.
We stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleased with the rooms which were comfortable and well equipped. The owners Bill and Diane were very friendly and helpful - a lighter quilt was even provided on request. Breakfast was served quickly and was well cooked and tasty.
Will stay again - highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

We stayed x 2 nights at the weekend, we found it comfortable and clean, the breakfast was brill, and the owners Diane & Bill were warm & friendly.
A smashing B&B, a great central spot for travel around Dorset.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karly1953
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Booked two nights but only stayed one.Tired from our journey decided to grin and bare it.From the outside absolutely no kerb appeal very uncared for. Room unbelievably dirty - carpet stained badly ,thick dust on blinds and lampshade, doorways had build up of hair and grime.Could go on ! Can't believe star rating I wouldn't give it one!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple