“Delicious spot of lunch”
Review of The West Bay Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridport
The West Bay Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bridport
Finchampstead
“Delicious spot of lunch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stopped into The West Bay Hotel when visiting West Bay for the afternoon. We were after some lunch and everywhere else was either full or didn't have enough menu choice.
We had the dog with us so needed shade, the option of brollies in the garden or him being allowed in the bar area was a great start!
We sat in the shade outside and enjoyed a really lovely, good quality lunch. I had scampi and salad and my partner had Lime Bay dived scallops which he said were the best he'd ever had!

If you are in West Bay for the day and fancy some food I would definitely recommend here. It is just along from the main harbour area on station road, about 1-2 min walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Having needed a local hotel for a night after a party I booked The West Bay after looking online. I didn't really know what to expect and on arrival I was a little panicky. I was expecting a hotel not a pub. We walked into a busy but very friendly pub to be greeted and taken to our room. Still a little nervous I have to say but how wrong I was! The rooms where huge and lovely, crisp white bedding on enormous beds, tea, coffee and local or home made biscuits. Our ensuite was enormous, and beautifully fitted with a large walk in shower. Perfect and now a very happy guest!

After our party we arrived back to have a drink in the bar. (sat night and with a 24 hour Iicence). What a lovely atmosphere. We stayed and chatted to a few others and staff. Perfect end to a perfect day.

I managed to sneak a peak at the other rooms on the way to breakfast the next morning, all as lovely as ours. Breakfast was great and I had freshly caught mackerel, my partner having a huge English breakfast.

Clearly a very popular pub/hotel and I'd definitely come again. A lovely 'escape' hotel with such a warm and friendly atmosphere. Thank you The West Bay, I'm going to be moving in!!! :)

• Stayed June 2013
Lymington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just spent a wonderful weekend at The West Bay Hotel.
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. A beautiful traditional pub, lovely modern 5 star accommodation with large comfy beds and large ensuite with walk in shower and to top it all - a huge traditional English breakfast, was one of many options offered.

Room Tip: our room was number 4 - not a sea view but still excellent.
1 Thank 147Clive43
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've been staying here for years, but this is the first time since the recent refurbishment. I have to say the rooms are very very good now, loads of space, everything new inside, no complaints at all, and the new superking size bed gave us the best nights sleep in a very long time. Breakfast was great (I tried different things each day, from smoked mackerel on toast to the full english, my wife just wanted tomatoes on toast most days as it was so well done) and the restaurant in the evening left us wanting to stay for another week!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Having receivced absolutely shocking service from the Bridport Arms Hotel - see separate review! - across the road, we tried this place. What a difference! Friendly staff, good beer and absolutely oustanding food and service. Ate there every night of our stay. Highly recommended!

2 Thank Danny A
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the most delicious roast I have ever eaten and
dessert to die for.
Very friendly staff good service and good prices. Massive thick slices of tender meat, gravy that melted in your mouth, roast potatoes out of this world and all for only £10 what more could you want on a Sunday afternoon. I would recommend booking as it gets busy and you wouldn't want to miss out :)

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pulborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a long morning walk we stopped here for lunch - which was delicious! Good choice - one of our group was looking for veggie options and very much enjoyed the mushroom risotto. i had a superb beef sandwich ::-) Great atmosphere and service.