“Very Good Food”
Review of The West Bay Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridport
The West Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bridport
Reviewed September 23, 2012

While staying at a nearby bed and breakfast we ate at The West Bay Hotel most evenings, We found the menu choice to be really varied and the quality of the food to be really really good. The staff are friendly and attentive and the price is very reasonable for the quality. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My hubby and I stayed in a great apartment in |West Bay (very nice)... As we are both food snobs and enjoy fine dining and fresh locally sourced food it was a rare treat.....to stumble on The West Bay Hotel ..we have just enjoyed an incredible 3 course meal, I had cauliflower soup deliously seasoned and fresh bread, my husband had lobster bisque - I could see the orgasmic reaction to this he said it was highly flavoured...personally I am not a fish lover so for my main I went for prime fillet with green peppercorn sauce - cooked exactly how I like it, hubby went for Sea bass with a sea food stir fry I tasted the sauce and it was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal so decided to try a sweet......we shared the three fruit crumble....I have to say this was indeed the best meal we have eaten out anywhere and we eat out a lot! and we do not usually do 3 courses..If you in West Bay try it - some may say pricey - we had three course 3 drinks for £73 pound and we think extremely good value for money - if we come back to west bay we will be eatng there again! The service was excellent as well and I have found somewhere that can make a dry white wine spritzer exactly how I like it - Thank you for a great dining experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Everything you would expect of a seaside pub today! Lovely setting, great rooms (really) lovely staff and almost gastronomic food. The seafood trio ( which is actually two trios - one of wet fish and one of shellfish) is to die for!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the West bay for the third time this year. It was excellent all round, the food was fantastic with a good choice & generous helpings, the staff are all friendly & efficient. Its nice to see locals in the bar having a drink & it seems to work well with the busy restuarant, there is a real buzz & good atmosphere. The room we stay in is on the front & a good size, with the most comfortable bed & large bathroom with excellent shower.
The management have certainly got the right touch at The West bay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been here a few times and the food has always been very nice but we have had a similar standard of meal in other places in West Bay for a much cheaper price. It didn’t feel it was particularly child friendly. No Children’s menu either. When we went there in the past we sat outside but because it was raining this wasn’t really an option. It felt a bit stuffy inside. The place seemed to be very busy and very popular but on our visit this summer we didn’t get the best experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Biwt
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here after a golf day at Lyme Regis with a friend. The rooms are clean and recently decorated in a modern style. We did not eat here as we had already eaten at the golf club but were impressed with the food coming out of the kitchen and the menu choices. They specialise in seafood and why not as the sea is a stones throw away! It is a pub with that perfect balance of keeping both the regulars at the bar happy and the diners who want to eat in a semi formal Resturant. There are numerous choices of Palmers ales and a decent wine list to complete the experience.
Breakfast was delightful with a good choice, all freshly cooked. You won't be disappointed staying at The West Bay Hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed in West Bay (idyllic location) and dined at The West bay hotel on recommendation from a local couple we met. What a great place. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food superb. With a good selection on the menu and a fantastic specials board for fish there was plenty of choice. My partner and I both decided on dishes with the local hand dived scallops, both were absolutely fantastic. I also indulged in the plum creme brûlée - yummy. With excellent food at a reasonable price (coming from the London area we did not find the dishes over priced) we would definitely come back. Top dining!

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridport
The Bull Hotel
The Greyhound
The Greyhound
#9 of 10 in Bridport
#1 of 1 in Beaminster

Been to The West Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!