All reviews new owners eton mess new venture bridge house hotel mackerel baked camembert few drinks good luck mango three nights worth every penny stayed for one night sunday lunch pudding chris dishes menu
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The most amazing food in a very relaxed environment and great value. Fresh produce grown in the kitchen garden....doesn't get much fresher than that! Room was perfect and the staff we're happy and helpful. Looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 465sjones1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit to The Ollerod, but it won't be our last. Good location for days out for the family. Very welcoming and relaxed. Room was lovely and the food was out of this world. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank kljones36
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since it was taken over, The Ollerod (previously known as the Bridge House Hotel) has had an upgrade of it's interior and the food it produces.

The building is warm and inviting with the perfect balance of home-comfort and style.

There were many dishes on the menu I would have liked to have tried, such were the exciting options available. Seasonal, innovative and original.

It's some of the best food i've tasted. At a ripening age of 30 that's quite a few meals and establishments it's being compared to. Certainly the best meal I've ever had in Dorset.

Particularly worth mentioning was my starter of Ceviche, which was so perfectly well balanced and delicious I couldn't help but stamp my foot from sheer happiness. I've not experienced involuntary applause from my limbs before. I meditated on that first course, savouring the moment.

Thank you Silvana and Chris for bringing this to Beaminster/Dorset. I'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Great Food
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrThread88
Reviewed September 12, 2018

We booked in to the Ollerod because one of its large ground-floor rooms was perfect for my brother-in-law, who's in a wheel-chair. It was indeed fine - with the hotel considerately reserving a parking spot for him with cones - thanks.
The rooms are large and very well appointed - and the beds are extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was ample, with breakfasts cooked to order, including the best black pudding I've ever had. (My only complaint about the breakfast was that it came with pop music. I turned the speaker off because it was next to our table - but the hotel must have noticed because the music was not playing on our second day - full marks, Ollerod.
We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant and were not disappointed. It's pricey, of course, but the service was attentive without being overwhelming and the rooms were satisfactory in just about every way, so we did not begrudge the cost.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night, and it was so good that it is difficult to think of any criticism. The only problem was that our room,
which was excellent, overlooked the car park and a fan was audible for most of the night when the windows were open. Apart from this small point, out stay was excellent, the staff are delightful and the food is out of this world. (I particularly liked the fact that they do not provide a steak knife for the steak - it doesn’t need it!) If you are in the area you really should stay/eat here, it’s not the cheapest venue, but worth every penny.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple