“Peaceful cottage in lovely surroundings”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Just 2.8 Miles to Award Winning beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Andrew G
“Peaceful cottage in lovely surroundings”
Reviewed November 1, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

First of all before our arrival, I recieved an email from the owner whcih provided lots of information useful to our stay including the best places to eat and other places to visit. The cottage was very clean and a nice welcome gift left for us on arrival, beeding was supplied and enough crockery etc to allow us to cook all week. The cottage was situated ten minutes from Woolacoombe itself in a lovely area with a few other cottages. It wasnt hard to find and extra directions supplied by the owner. Communication was brilliant throughout and even during our stay. The area the cottage was in is fairlt quiet, which was a nice thing for us. Ilfracombe and Barnstaple were also close by via a short drive. If you’re looking for a nice relaxing stay in the pleasant surroundings devon has to offer, then I would definitely recommended a stay here.

Nov 3, 2017
Great guests who I would not hesitate to recommend to any host. Good contact and really pleasant to deal with. Thanks again Andrew
Anita519
Havant, United Kingdom
“A lovely peaceful retreat, but easy to travel to local places of interest”
Reviewed August 7, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The cottage is easy to get to and very peaceful. It's on a small holiday park with a pool and surrounded by fields. The cottage had everything we needed, although it was a challenge drying towels after swimming each day....but the weather is beyond anyone's control! The children loved having the pool on site and used it every day, in the sun and the rain. The cottage was really clean and tidy, very comfortable and had a well equipped kitchen. There were lots of leaflets informing us about places to visit, and games and DVDs to keep everyone occupied.
It's within easy reach of all the local towns and beaches. We especially enjoyed finding some hidden gems, like Lee and the Ilfracombe Tunnels Beach which are great for climbing the rocks and exploring rock pools.
The owners were very quick to deal with a problem that arose while we were there - they sorted it quickly and kept us updated.
Thank you, we really enjoyed our stay and would love to go there again.

Aug 9, 2017
We would love to welcome Anita and her family again. She was very respectful of the property and were glad you enjoyed the area. We try our best to give a little bit extra so to hear good reviews like this makes it all worthwhile.
Ian W
“Nice little cottage, great location”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Lovely gift pack of wine, chocolates, and a few other things as a greeting. Cottage was clean, tidy and cosy. There's an outdoor pool on the site, but you have to drive for anything else - having said that, there are plenty of beaches within a short distance (glorious beaches such as Woolacombe and Croyde too), a supermarket ten minutes away, a few small towns for a coffee or wander, pleasant villages and a handful of kid friendly attractions if the weather isn't good enough for the beach. Enjoyable week, thank you.

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks Ian it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope we can welcome you again sometime in the future. You left the accommodation spotless and we would not hesitate to recommend you to other owners
Mark R
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect accommodation in idyllic and peaceful setting. Great hospitality.”
Reviewed April 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Set in a lovely valley with views across the North Devon countryside, yet within 5 mins of the 13th best beach in the world and the No. 1 best UK beach (according to the TripAdvisor community) - Woolacombe.This property has everything that you might need and quite a few things that we had forgotten to bring. It is most definitely a home from home. There were plenty of quality consumables topped up for our arrival and some lovely welcoming Easter gifts - a real personal touch from the owners. What was also lovely was that Steve was in contact to ensure all was in good order. The cottage was clean, freshly decorated to a high standard, well heated and there was always plenty of hot water. Our kids loved all the games, movies and toys. There is so much to do in North Devon and we have been visiting Willingcott Valley for 20 years but still we find little secret spots. I can easily say that this is the best experience that we have had. The golf course has closed since we last visited but that makes the setting more serene and nature has brought the golf course back to rolling hills of green countryside. The local pub serves great food and has an amazing outdoor play area - it's a 5 minute walk. We loved the cottage, the heart-felt hospitality and the setting. We will go back very soon. Thanks for making a very special week.

Apr 22, 2017
Mark and his family were wonderful guests and we would love to welcome them back at anytime in the future. They looked after property, were very clean, and we enjoyed contact throughout their stay. We are so pleased it exceeded expectations, and noticed our extra efforts to try and ensure their stay was a memorable one.
Sue L
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Just returned from a great break in this cottage. The place was spotlessly clean and catered well for my husband and I, my daughter and our 2 year old granddaughter . The facilities in the cottage more than met our expectations. We hope to return soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and quality of the fixtures and fittings
Liked least: Lack of mobile phone signal but broadband made up for this
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 16, 2016
Sue and her family were wonderful guests and would certainly be welcome in the future. Contact was kept throughout.
Mr James...
“Good times !”
Reviewed September 7, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We,as a family of 7 including 5 teenagers found the cottage and surrounding area to be perfect for our needs. The heated outdoor pool was great and only a 5 min drive to the beautiful Woolacombe beach. Nice pub 5 min walk away and shop/petrol station also nearby. Would come back again for sure

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 7, 2016
James and his family were wonderful guests and we would welcome them again anytime. We stayed in contact throughout and we are glaf they picked our property for their summer holiday
Reviewed August 7, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 8, 2016
It was certainly my error that you were unable to check in until 4pm. I had selected 12pm as it was unknown to me it was in fact 4pm. We advertise not only on Trip Advisor, but through an agent, and elsewhere. I had set up the listing and was completely apologetic to Lynsey and her party, explaining that the cleaners would actually need until 4pm to clean and service the cottage appropriately. For this oversight I tried to ring Lynsey, left an answer phone message, and sent her a number of text messages trying to make this inconvenience up to her. I even offered a £25 credit so they could all go and get a breakfast or light lunch whilst they waited for the cottage to be cleaned. This was on Saturday as soon as we had heard from her. Lynsey chose not to respond to me or my offer and instead let me stew on it this for several days. At this point, for something I thought was a fairly minor complaint I felt I had done all I could.
She then got in touch again some days later saying food had been wasted because of the check in error. I explained that she had full access to the Cottage although I appreciated it was still to be cleaned, and she could have easily put the perishables in the fridge. I was surprised that the four additional hours meant a whole cars worth of food had gone off. I did not feel further compensation needed to be offered and felt at this point whatever I offered would not be enough.
It does not say anywhere on our listing that the services you mentioned were available. These facilities were made unavailable in March through no fault of our own. New Owners took over the Golf course. It is a privately owned Golf course that our Cottage sits on. Whilst I understand it is unfortunate that some services you may come to expect from a Golf course, had been taken away, I dont feel as though Lynsey was mis-led in anyway by us or our listing. I suggested that there was another holiday park less than three quarters of a mile away which they would all be free to use.
The Cottage is kept in immaculate condition and has been recently refurbished to a high standard. It sits on 80 acres of beautiful rural country side and is just a couple of miles from the bustling resort of Woolacombe. The golf course, swimming pool and lakes are still available to walk around, and use and would have even been free of charge.
We have had other guests consistently give us four star ratings, and get in touch especially to tell us how nice the accommodation is and how we are great hosts. I am bewildered by this two star review.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing