“Superb family holiday getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woolacombe
Golden Coast Holiday Village
Newport, United Kingdom
“Superb family holiday getaway!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We return year On year. Excellent location excellent entertainment for both adults and kids! Facilities are brilliant we run out if days to fit it all in!! My only criticism was that the kids had to share a sofa bed this time which wasn't ideal due to ages but as only for weekend we coped!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Liz W
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our onsite entertainment, provided free of charge with your entertainment passes. It’s great to read that you enjoyed the facilities on site as well, and struggled to fit them all in during your stay. We aim to provide “something for everyone” and I am very pleased that Golden Coast catered so well for your family.

It is difficult to ascertain the details of your booking, and how you booked your break with us. If you booked directly with us via the telephone or our website, the details of your accommodation are in our literature. If you booked through a promotion, the “allocation on arrival” and is based on the allocation of a budget unit, and could be any unit on Park. I am pleased that this did not in any way detract from your holiday experience, however had this been a problem for you, our Receptionists would have happily advised you on any moves and upgrades available.

We hope to welcome you back soon,
Aidan Glover - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had my bag stolen from our car while we were putting up the tent at Golden Coast. The management had absolutely no interest at all in the theft. They didn't want to know even when presented with a crime number from the local police. They made us feel like it was a pretty standard occurrence. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vanessa T
I am very sorry to read your review, although after speaking with all our Duty Managers, and all of our Reception team, we are unaware of any incidents of this nature. I can assure you that any reports are fully followed through, and the crime number would have been added on to our Incident Report Form that we hold and fill out for insurance purposes. Issues of this nature are extremely rare on Golden Coast, and as such, are noted down and usually recalled by our team members.

Many sites in and around the local area have similar names; perhaps you have confused us on Tripadvisor with other local Parks that you could have been staying at. If not, please could you write details of the date and time, and who you reported this issue to whilst on site, to Golden Coast Holiday Park, Station Road, Woolacombe, EX34 7HW, as I would like to investigate this further.

UK
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We were looking forward to our stay at the Village after reading the positive reviews but from the time we arrived to the time left the our stay was disappointing.
The reception welcome was not as informative as we expected. Not enough information given on the property and what to expect. In hind sight the staff just want us to booked in and go to the cottage with out fuss.
We had to report a number of times to things not working, eg heating not coming on & the fridge freezer not working properly. Twice for the heating as the weather was getting cooler. It felt as if the heating was on timer setting so it would only come on as set but none of the engineers confirmed that the heating is on a timer.
We also found that whilst we booked through Hoseasons who had confirmed a 'complimentary pack' but did not describe what this was and the Village's own web sight identified this as including milk, eggs, bread, tea, coffee, sugar etc but on arrival the pack was a few luxury items and we ended up having to buy these groceries at on site store which had a price markup. The reception were supposed to get back to us on this but never did. Cottage was for 8 and we requested additional bath sheets but had to remind the reception twice before we received these and even than they were bath towels instead of bath sheets.
The cottage itself seemed to have been redecorated but things were falling out like the plinths to the kitchen units. Beds were a little hard but would expect this as it would be difficult to cater for all.
We also tried the on site takeaway which was abysmal; fish & chips. Fish was part cooked and very soggy but the chips were fair.
A holiday to forget

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tanz67
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
I am saddened to read your review. Our Reception team normally receive praise for their friendly and helpful nature, and I am very sorry to read you felt they only wanted you to go to your accommodation “without fuss.” This is most unusual, and I will ensure our team are aware of your comments and any queries on check-in are answered with their usual efficiency. With regard to your welcome pack, as you have said in your review, it is not stated on the Hoseasons website what the welcome pack consists of because of limitations on their website. Had you rung our on-site Sales team, they could have confirmed the contents with you, and advised that the welcome pack that comes inclusive with the Exclusive Lodges is a Devon Gift Pack, not a grocery pack as you assumed. It does state this on our website when looking at the Exclusive Lodges. Our Reception team had indeed investigated your query and had this information for you, believing you were returning to Reception, however I am sorry you felt you did not receive a conclusion to this matter.

One of the additional benefits of booking an Exclusive Lodge is that you receive towels as advised on our website, therefore we are unsure as to why you thought bath sheets as opposed to bath towels were provided. The plinths on the kitchen units are attached with clips, and I am sorry to read that one unclipped during your stay. I do hope this was rectified to your satisfaction, as with your fridge and heating. Unfortunately, as with any household, sometimes maintenance problems do arise and we do our utmost to rectify these as quickly as possible so they do not hinder your stay. I am sorry to read you did not like your meal at our Bistro, and I do hope you tried the other eateries that we have on site, including The Old Mill Pub, serving daily specials and home cooked meals. Thank you for your comments, they have been noted for our future developments.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I took my family to your holiday park this year after staying at Twitchen House last year. I absolutely loved the entertainment. It was outstanding and would ideally love to return again but my accomodation was truely dreadful. On arrival two drawers were broken,we had no forks a knob had come off a draw in the kitchen a foot had come off one of the lounge chairs and the sest of the dining chair was very broken. I went straight to reception as my hot water wasnt working either. The hot water was sorted immediately but absolutely nothing else. Throughout my 5 day stay i had no hot water for 3 days as the problem was clearly not sorted properly.. one member of my family never had a hot shower all week. I was extremly disappointed with how i was dealt with as a family and not one word was said about moving us. How can you have a party of 6 including a one year old with no hot water and not even management suggesting to move us. Woolacombe bay is stunning and Golden Coasts entertainment was by far the best ive ever seen but would i ever stay again ....? Only if management recognised my complaint and took it seriously and delt with it properly. As serious as they were when they took my money for my holiday.
Claire Witten

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Claire W
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
I am sorry to read that your accommodation overshadowed the rest of your holiday, which I am pleased to read you enjoyed. Unfortunately, from time to time, maintenance issues do occur in our accommodation, as with any home, and we do our utmost to rectify such issues as quickly and efficiently as possible. It would never be our intention for a guest to leave feeling that their complaint was not taken seriously. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us, and I am saddened to read that you feel your complaint was not dealt with properly whilst you were here on site.

I would like the opportunity to investigate your concerns fully, as it is difficult to ascertain all the details via Tripadvisor. Please could you could forward details of your concerns to Golden Coast Holiday Park, Woolacombe, Devon EX34 7HW in order for us to look into this for you.

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Visited Golden a Coast for the second time during the Easter break (Good Friday till following Weds). Had a brilliant time. This time we took our dog and stayed in Poachers Paddock. We were greeted by one of the park staff who gave us a welcome pack for the dog and made a real fuss of our tail wagging spaniel! The pack had lots of doggy goodies and essentials and was a really lovely touch. Not all dog friendly places are that friendly!!! The cabin was clean and well equipped and close to all amenities.
We had a great holiday making the most of everything on offer at Golden Coast. The kids loved the surf simulator, the arcades, mini golf, trampolines, water walkers, climbing wall... There was so much for them to do! We had some great nights in the bar and entertainments room. It was busy with a great atmosphere- fellow holiday makers were friendly and fun. Staff worked hard and ensured that everyone was served quickly and that everyone was kept happy.
We had a slight problem with our boiler but a lovely, dig loving maintenance man was with us less than 5 mins after we reported it and then lots of heat and hot water for the rest of the holiday!
Thank you Golden Coast! We will most probably be returning!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent pet friendly holiday. I am so pleased to read that your family, and your dog, had such a fantastic time. It’s great that you managed to squeeze in all of the activities we offer on site, and I hope you found something to suit all your families interests. Our entertainers work very hard producing quality and diverse entertainment, and I hope that you managed to catch a couple of our cabarets during your stay. We have cabaret acts from all over the country, ranging from illusionists, magicians, tribute acts and vocalists. I am sorry to read of your maintenance issue, however I am happy that this was rectified quickly and efficiently for you. We cannot wait to welcome you back to Golden Coast in the near future. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went to Gold Coast Holiday Village over the Easter period and it was great to see the site was very busy, with many family groups having a great time. The weather helped and nice to see people having BBQs and being able to let the kids play with loads of other kids who were also on holiday, without having to worry about their whereabouts.
The activities were great for the kids and some bigger kids too! Very safe, maintained and supervised at all times by staff.
The entertainment area was always full which created a great atmosphere and the 80s night on the Saturday produced some wonderful fancy dress,both adults and kids. It was good that the park was busy as the entertainment runs the risk of going flat if only a few people present.
The food outlet in the entertainment area sold very good quality and fairly priced selection of fast foods and drinks.
There is a pub on the outskirts of the park which serves good quality food too, but only issue would be the drinks prices seemed a bit of the higher end of what I am used to paying.
There is a bus which takes you to Woolacome directly from site and it is worth while buying an advanced family pass so you can use as often as possible for a single up front cost.
The beach at Woolacome is worth a visit, so are some of the surrounding villages such as Ilfracombe and Croyde.
We dis stay in the Gold Lodges which have recently been refreshed and are excellent value for money.
The site staff were very polite and helpful at all times and dealt with any issues with urgency and professionalism.
Excellent site with superb facilities and wonderful staff. Very pleasant stay and would recommend to friends and family. Great for groups with kids too as so much for them to do in a safe environment. 10 out of 10 in every aspect. Many thanks to Site Manager and staff.

Room Tip: Gold lodge in Orchard area. This has an outdoor pool for summer and away from main entertainment if...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Allan316
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so very much for this fabulous review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday, from the wide variety of facilities and activities, to your luxurious Gold Lodge. Our staff will be very pleased to read your kind words, I will ensure our team are advised. Thank you once again, and keep checking the internet for fantastic returning offers. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Arrived on Easter Friday and got our caravan key straight away. We were located just over the road from the Old Mill pub so had a good location. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Activities for the kids were great. Caravan although fairly basic, was clean and had everything we required.

The function room accommodated us well on the Saturday night given we all descended on it in fancy dress, and we all had a great night. The bar staff worked hard to keep our glasses filled.

Only gripe was the cost of the drinks and food on site.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your recent stay at Golden Coast. It’s wonderful to read you found our staff friendly and helpful on arrival, and I hope this continued throughout your stay. I am pleased to read your caravan was clean and equipped well enough to meet your requirements. It’s great to read that you got involved with our very popular 80’s fancy dress night, and I do hope you had a fantastic evening. We do hope you return soon. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolacombe
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
The Fortescue Arms
The Fortescue Arms
#3 of 4 in Woolacombe
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort

Been to Golden Coast Holiday Village? Share your experiences!