Watersmeet Hotel(Woolacombe)
$340
$323
  • Breakfast included
Sunnymeade Country House(Woolacombe)(Great Value!)
$106
Europa Park(Woolacombe)(Great Value!)
$175
The Fortescue Arms(Woolacombe)
$111
  • Restaurant
The Beach House(Woolacombe)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
Pitchup.com
Marine House(Woolacombe)
2,685 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgebronze villaon sitesurf simulatorwave machinehigh ropeswasher dryerbowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearwater walkersevening entertainmentsoft play
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Expensive drinks. Tatty rooms. But not a bad price for the 4 night stay. Parking ok. Entertainment ok...well geared up for the kids (not that we have any but didn't matter). Good base for seeing North Devon

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jo_1505
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of Golden Coast. It is difficult from your review to ascertain which type of accommodation you stayed in, however I apologise if you felt the room to be “tatty”. We have many grades and styles of accommodation to suit all budgets and preferences, and I am pleased that you felt your break to be reasonably priced. We are fortunate enough to be situated in an excellent location to explore the surrounding area, and it’s great to read you took advantage of this. We hope to see you again. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Arrived Friday 1st Nov, Stayed in a silver lodge in Poachers Paddock, arrived about an hour early but lodge was ready, really clean and tidy with everything we needed (10 out of 10), a real home from home, even though the weather at times was terrible, Harrys Sports Bar and the Old Mill pub were great to use as were the other facilities, loved the entertainment at night, yes it was busy but got a table after the children`s disco, how about moving the pool tables out to another room to make space for more tables and chairs ??? but great work by all the staff and acts on the stage and behind the scenes, super food and drinks on site plus a great shop. Would recommend to family and friends and will be returning early next year when you re-open. Super long weekend away. Thanks to all at Golden Coast Holiday Village.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your glowing review! It is wonderful to read you had such an enjoyable holiday with us at Golden Coast. I am pleased that your Silver Lodge was clean and tidy; our Lodges aim to create a “home from home” feel, and it’s lovely to read you felt this to be the case. It is also excellent to read that you fully utilised, and enjoyed, the wide variety of facilities we offer on site. We can’t wait to welcome you back in the new year!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We came for October half term, our first family holiday, used to come here when I was little so knew I wanted to bring my family here!. We managed to get the keys at 2pm which was great, however when we got there we had no curtains in bedroom, dirty sheets on bed and no tv, was pleased to say that after reporting it to reception it was sorted straight away.
It was ok for what we paid, but wouldn't have one again, defiantly need a gold or exclusive one next time for more space. The park stars were fab, and did an amazing job at keeping kids entertained, as well as all the half term activities that they put on, mine loved the panto they did. As always so much to do on site despite the weather we had. My children loved the bus, and couldn't believe it when I told them I used to go on it when I was little :-). Thought the supermarket was great value for money, saved trip to big shops.
Few things that I thought could be better, the fire in our caravan was rubbish and would struggle to get in light aswell as the ovens, had no toaster even though it started in book we should have one. As we were on cleave wood had about 5 min walk to clubhouse, which is fine in day but not at night. No lighting whatsoever, so walking back at 9pm was awful with little ones, so we had to buy a touch so we could see the road and get children's back safely home without being frightened as it was too dark. Also clubhouse was packed, which was to be expected as halft term, but we found people had taped off tables and booths which I found unfair as we got there at 5.30 on the Thursday 31st and only just got a table, saw an elderly lady sat on stairs as was no where to sit so we gave her our table.

Room Tip: Silver caravans, fab for money, but no for family of 5 need more room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I am extremely sorry to read you experienced some issues with your accommodation on arrival, although I am pleased that you reported these immediately so our team could rectify them swiftly for you.

Caravans are naturally smaller than brick built accommodation, however our Exclusive caravans do give you 20% more space than our Silver caravans, and may perhaps be more comfortable for your family in the future.

It is wonderful to read you enjoyed the fabulous pantomime, and the variety of facilities we offer on site.

We have street lights throughout the areas of land we own, and our accommodation have outside lighting, however I am sorry that you found the walk back to Cleavewood quite dark. We have noted your comments, and appreciate your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 28th October, Went in 2 parties with friends and family we book 2 vans there was a bit of confusion with booking as we were at opposite ends of cleavewood. The reception staff ammended and put us next door to each other within minutes. Our accommodation ready 3pm was not due until 4pm. Caravan was showing signs of wear and tear trim hanging off by bathroom door wardrobe door broke of runner etc. I wouldn't normally book silver as i prefer gold. Gold accommodation not available here due to pitches and to be honest I prefer their Twitchen site which was closed for development. This is the busiest I have ever known this site. We checked out the onsite food on arival didn't please us last time I tried it and it has not changed it is ok (but not great) i can cook better myself. There is the on site old mill pub but more expensive and longer wait. The evening entertainment very overcrowded no tables I did expect this as they had close the Twitchen park for development. We went downstairs sat In bowling watching live sports kids used soft play which was all good. Checked out the milky way adventure park as they gave us discount coupons. We used the waves ceramics studio first time and past an hour or so and we will use it again when we visit next our youngest loved it. My biggest complaint about this park is no toddler pool. I visited their Easwell farm for first time ever and used their pool for our youngest. Weather was poor on this visit which put a downer on things, we probably wont be staying on this park again we prefer their Twitchen park with bigger gold caravans and toddler pool 15-20 min walk to beach. With development happening we will probably prefer it all the more can also use the facilities here as it inclusive in bookings.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. If you are travelling together with another party and wish to be nearby, it is advisable to ring and let us know beforehand, however I am very pleased that our Receptionists could accommodate this request on arrival. We offer a wide range of facilities on site, and I am very pleased that you made use of these, especially the soft play area and the ceramic studio.

Each Woolacombe Bay Park has something special about them, and it is lovely to read that Twitchen House is suited to your family. New for 2014, Twitchen House will have an extended and improved all day entertainment centre, new food venues and convenience store, and renovated family attractions. When booked onto one Woolacombe Bay Park, you are welcome to take advantage of all activities on every other Park, and we do hope to see you at Golden Coast in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived home today a day early from our week long holiday.
The main reason was the weather so nothing really that could have been done by the site but last night was the final straw for us regarding the running of the club. The childrens disco begins at 6.30 but the regular holiday makers are what i can only describe as worse than germans with their towels on sun loungers with placing coats around tables to secure the best seats for bingo and the evening entertainment. We were arriving about 6pm for our 4 year old son to enjoy the kids disco and childrens entertainment and last night being halloween he got all dressed up only for us to find people had chosen tables throughout the day and decorated them for their own little parties leaving us absolutely nowhere to sit within sight of him on the dancefloor so by 6.15 we left.

Our gold 8 cottage was wonderful fully modernised and brilliant and spotless absolutely no complaint there.

The shop was getting lower and lower stocked as they are closing on sunday so was quite poor. The outdoor flumes were closed as we would expect but the pools were absolutely filthy not a good sight to behold.

There also seemed to be problems parking near the cottage as there seemed to be not enough spaces and tbh i dont see the point of people having to wear wrist bands as not once was there someone checking them to enter the venue .

Nice site just a shame inconsiderate selfish holiday makers are allowed to reserve tables in this way when they dont even turn up until after the childrens entertainment was funnished

We will probably not holiday in this kind of camp again

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank songbirdy73

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to read of your disappointment in the entertainment venue. It is not our usual practise to reserve tables, and we do not encourage our guests to do so, however it can sometimes be difficult for us to differentiate between those who are utilising a table and have just gone to the bar, and those who have saved tables. I am very sorry if this impacted your stay. Halloween is one of the busiest nights of the year for us at Golden Coast, and we put on a wide range of Halloween based activities, thus making Halloween a popular break with our guests.

It is wonderful to read your accommodation suited your needs, and you found it to be spotless. There is a large communal car park in the Orchard, where are Gold Lodges are situated, and also various other communal car parks within a short walk. I am sorry if you felt there was not enough parking available to you.

I am pleased that, overall, you had a good time with us and you felt Golden Coast to be a nice site. We do hope to welcome you back.