Golden Coast Holiday Village
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Woolacombe
See available hotels
The Darnley Hotel(Ilfracombe)
Westaway(Ilfracombe)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,397 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgeon sitesilver apartmentsurf simulatorwasher dryerhigh ropeswave machinebowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearevening entertainmentwater walkerssoft play
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the bronze villa / apartment as a family of 4 and it was great.
The Golden coast park has so much to offer come rain or shine.
We stayed in one of the pine cones that was well equipped.

The staff were very friendly and always professional.

Would highly recommend a stay here and will be returning.

Alex hanson and Sonya turner

Stayed: October 2013
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for leaving your great review. It is excellent to read that your Bronze accommodation met your expectations, and I am very pleased you found our hard working team members friendly and professional. We do hope to see you return in the near future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Me my mum, dad and dog stayed in a silver lodge from sat-sat. It was a struggle getting the time out of school but luckily I did! We arrived about 3:30 and our lodge was ready we have been many times so we knew where we were:) the lodge was clean and well equipped, big rooms which included a lovley dressing table in both! Cleanliness was ok there was a bit of mould in the bathroom but nothing really bad! We used most facilities on site- swimming pools which were clean, bowling, arcade, table tennis and the night time entertainment! There was just so much to do! The staff were all so kind and helpful the parkstars made me laugh and always worked so hard.. Mum and dad enjoyed the cash prize bingo which is on every night, won £15 which I was very happy to use in the arcade! I could say so much great things about the holiday I wouldn't change anything about it, I would highly recommend it! Can't wait to come back next year no matter how old I am I still love billy and Betty(the mascots)

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a glowing review of your recent holiday. It is always lovely to read that you enjoy your return visits as much as your first! I am pleased that your accommodation was clean and well equipped, and you took advantage of the fantastic activities we offer on site. Our ParkStars work very hard to ensure your holiday is a fantastic one, and I am pleased that they kept you laughing! We can’t wait to see you again in the near future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my family's 4th time camping at the Golden Coast. The Main reason is that at the end of august the price is very very reasonable, 6 nights for less than £150!
We camp on the all weather super pitch at the far end of the park which is a very large pitch with its own water tap, electric, tv ariel and drainage. Its lovely and peaceful up there and not a long walk to the main hub of the park at all.

There are so many activities here for the kids i will struggle to list them all, my two kids who are 3 and 7 absolutley love it here! the pools are great, especially the outdoor heated one! the entertainment is great for the kids. Theres wall climbing, surf simulator, crazy golf, football, pitch and putt, go karts, kids park, outdoor gym, bowling, indoor soft play,snooker and pool tables, darts,a cinema, table tennis, and tennis. You also have the benefit of using the amenities on the other 3 parks than Woolacombe Bay own. Also theres the open top bus which takes you to the other parks and then down to the beach at Woolacombe, which is an outstanding beach! Bit of a tip for the bus. Ring up the park and pre-book your bus pass. A family ticket of 4 is just £7 for the duration of your holiday, if you do not pre-book then its £4 per adult per day! Also pre-book the bowling as its only £10 per hour per lane. If you pay on the day then its £19 per hour per lane. (Golden Coast wont appreciate me advertising these tips!) ;-)

From a camping side of things we cannot fault the park. its tremendous value for money. And we have already booked for august 2014!

Room Tip: if camping then id recomend the pitches at the far end of the park. its far quieter up there. the low number pitches and grass pitches are right next to the entertainment and it does stay quite loud until around midnight in the peak of the season.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. I am very pleased that you found your end of August holiday good value for money on our Super Pitches. These pitches are situated in a peaceful location on Park, and have lots of additional facilities, and I am very pleased these pitches cater for your requirements. It’s fantastic to read you took advantage of our excellent pre-bookable options! We have great pre-bookable options for our guests, especially the bus pass as you mentioned. On Park, the bus pass is £4.00 per person per week, therefore pre-booking at £7 for the whole family is great value!

It’s great to read that you have already booked for 2014, and I hope you took advantage of our fantastic 2014 rebooking offers, saving you up to 50%! We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our (me,my wife and stepson) attended Golden Coast resort between 4th-7th October. On arrival our accommodation was not ready and had to wait after a nearly 5 hour journey it was wasn't the ideal start but not a disaster. So we waited and finally allocated a caravan on Cleavewood. A separate caravan park away from the main part of the resort. I can imagine it being quite quiet and relaxing there but on our stay it was like a rough estate, loud noisy neighbours , shouting door slamming, driving at speed, hanging onto the back of the cars as they drove. Not the direct fault of the Park but still made the stay a misery. Although it is a short walk to the main resort it is up hill but can be driven each time (as we had to do due to my wife being pregnant). We decided against the entertainment whilst we were there as it didn't interest us. The clubhouse was noisy and chaotic, and centered towards young children, although they seem to be enjoying themselves. The takeaway hutch is located inside the clubhouse at the rear so you have to walk through to get there, this would probably be better situated separately away from the clubhouse. The food was not bad we had burger meal deals which were around £5 each with chips and a drink included. The next day we decided to give my 9 year old a day to himself to do things he would like. This brings me onto the wristbands we paid for, which you are told to wear. We didn't wear them and was never asked to produce them and in fact had no need for them asking ourselves what did we pay for? The activities we had to pay extra for. We booked an ex34 package for £10. As we had to wait half hour we decided to wait and have a drink from the surf bar thing next to the wave machine. To be told that no beer taps were on as they had been closed as it was end of season, no bottles of j2o as it was end of season. The general attitude was can't be bothered it's end of season here have a coke that's all we got. my Stepson completed his activities but each one was done as the instructor chatted to his mate, paying no attention to my Stepson not giving any instructions or encouragement and busy on their phones. We had a game of mini golf which was a free activity but standard to say the least. We took my Stepson swimming in Cleavewood swimming pool, it was ok small but did the job for a quick swim, it had no lifeguard so unfortunately you will get people messing around in there. We then went to the sports bar to watch the football, and to be honest was the most relaxing part of the trip. The shop on site can't be faulted clean well stocked friendly staff very useful. On Sunday our third day we decided to go bowling and despite being told it was included with wristbands it was not and cost an additional £19 for as much as you can fit in in an hour. It was good,as good as your local ten pin bowling alley but you would expect that for the price. We had some time in the arcade which was ok your usual on sight arcade. One of the machines didn't work which we pointed out to staff but again got a shrug of the shoulders Oh well attitude. We contemplated leaving Sunday night but as a noisy neighbours had us awake since 7 we were to tired to drive home. We were looking forward to a carvery at the Old Mill pub but at £8.95 per person i thought this was way overpriced my local does a fantastic carvery for £3.65. I feel the Park has potential but the staff need to keep the same attitude whether it's the start middle or end of the season and keep stock as advertised. I will be sending in a letter to get a refund on our bands as they were a complete waste of money but no doubt I won't hear anything from that. Feel like we were in the way from staff going on their own holidays, probably unlikely that we will return.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Richardstone1

I am extremely sorry to read that you were not entirely happy with your stay. It is most unusual for us to receive noise complaints due to us being a family Park, and as such, we take these matters very seriously. We have Security and a Duty Manager on site until around 12am, and our Night Security patrols from 11pm - 8am and is always contactable by mobile phone should you experience any issues. I am sorry that the entertainment was not suited to your individual taste. We do have separate eateries from our Bistro take away, including The Old Mill Pub and Harry's Sports Bar, which may have been of more interest to your party as you do not need to access these through the Entertainment hall.

I am very sorry to read you did not feel our EX34 instructors were encouraging enough whilst your stepson was doing the activities. This is most out of character, and it would never be their intention for you to leave feeling disappointed. I will re-iterate to them the importance of our guests satisfaction to ensure this does not happen again. Bowling is an additional charge of £19 for one hour, or if you prebook this, you can save almost 50%, taking an hours game to just £10. I am unsure as to why you believed this was included, and I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.

We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative, as it is an invaluable aid to our improvement and development plans.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Some of the activities were closed due to it being end of season, however the kids club was brilliant. My daughter (3yr) loved Billy and Betty beachball and by the end of the 4th day knew all the moves to the dances (and still sings them now). We chose to stay in a bronze caravan which had a verandah and was surrounded by trees, so peaceful. The swimming pool in Cleavewood house is lovely. Woolacombe beach is absolutely beautiful and great for the kids. Lovely soft sand great for making sand castles. Overall a wonderful holiday and we are going back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and you found your Bronze caravan met your expectations. Our Cleavewood Manor House has a fantastically quiet and warm swimming pool, and it’s great that you took advantage of this lovely additional swimming pool. It is lovely to read your daughter enjoyed the children’s entertainment so much! Your kind words will be appreciated by our entertainment team.

We hope you return in the future!