Watersmeet Hotel(Woolacombe)
Marine House(Woolacombe)
The Beach House(Woolacombe)
Europa Park(Woolacombe)
2,681 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgebronze villaon sitesurf simulatorwave machinehigh ropeswasher dryerbowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearwater walkersevening entertainmentsoft play
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my family's 4th time camping at the Golden Coast. The Main reason is that at the end of august the price is very very reasonable, 6 nights for less than £150!
We camp on the all weather super pitch at the far end of the park which is a very large pitch with its own water tap, electric, tv ariel and drainage. Its lovely and peaceful up there and not a long walk to the main hub of the park at all.

There are so many activities here for the kids i will struggle to list them all, my two kids who are 3 and 7 absolutley love it here! the pools are great, especially the outdoor heated one! the entertainment is great for the kids. Theres wall climbing, surf simulator, crazy golf, football, pitch and putt, go karts, kids park, outdoor gym, bowling, indoor soft play,snooker and pool tables, darts,a cinema, table tennis, and tennis. You also have the benefit of using the amenities on the other 3 parks than Woolacombe Bay own. Also theres the open top bus which takes you to the other parks and then down to the beach at Woolacombe, which is an outstanding beach! Bit of a tip for the bus. Ring up the park and pre-book your bus pass. A family ticket of 4 is just £7 for the duration of your holiday, if you do not pre-book then its £4 per adult per day! Also pre-book the bowling as its only £10 per hour per lane. If you pay on the day then its £19 per hour per lane. (Golden Coast wont appreciate me advertising these tips!) ;-)

From a camping side of things we cannot fault the park. its tremendous value for money. And we have already booked for august 2014!

Room Tip: if camping then id recomend the pitches at the far end of the park. its far quieter up there. the low number pitches and grass pitches are right next to the entertainment and it does stay quite loud until around midnight in the peak of the season.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. I am very pleased that you found your end of August holiday good value for money on our Super Pitches. These pitches are situated in a peaceful location on Park, and have lots of additional facilities, and I am very pleased these pitches cater for your requirements. It’s fantastic to read you took advantage of our excellent pre-bookable options! We have great pre-bookable options for our guests, especially the bus pass as you mentioned. On Park, the bus pass is £4.00 per person per week, therefore pre-booking at £7 for the whole family is great value!

It’s great to read that you have already booked for 2014, and I hope you took advantage of our fantastic 2014 rebooking offers, saving you up to 50%! We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our (me,my wife and stepson) attended Golden Coast resort between 4th-7th October. On arrival our accommodation was not ready and had to wait after a nearly 5 hour journey it was wasn't the ideal start but not a disaster. So we waited and finally allocated a caravan on Cleavewood. A separate caravan park away from the main part of the resort. I can imagine it being quite quiet and relaxing there but on our stay it was like a rough estate, loud noisy neighbours , shouting door slamming, driving at speed, hanging onto the back of the cars as they drove. Not the direct fault of the Park but still made the stay a misery. Although it is a short walk to the main resort it is up hill but can be driven each time (as we had to do due to my wife being pregnant). We decided against the entertainment whilst we were there as it didn't interest us. The clubhouse was noisy and chaotic, and centered towards young children, although they seem to be enjoying themselves. The takeaway hutch is located inside the clubhouse at the rear so you have to walk through to get there, this would probably be better situated separately away from the clubhouse. The food was not bad we had burger meal deals which were around £5 each with chips and a drink included. The next day we decided to give my 9 year old a day to himself to do things he would like. This brings me onto the wristbands we paid for, which you are told to wear. We didn't wear them and was never asked to produce them and in fact had no need for them asking ourselves what did we pay for? The activities we had to pay extra for. We booked an ex34 package for £10. As we had to wait half hour we decided to wait and have a drink from the surf bar thing next to the wave machine. To be told that no beer taps were on as they had been closed as it was end of season, no bottles of j2o as it was end of season. The general attitude was can't be bothered it's end of season here have a coke that's all we got. my Stepson completed his activities but each one was done as the instructor chatted to his mate, paying no attention to my Stepson not giving any instructions or encouragement and busy on their phones. We had a game of mini golf which was a free activity but standard to say the least. We took my Stepson swimming in Cleavewood swimming pool, it was ok small but did the job for a quick swim, it had no lifeguard so unfortunately you will get people messing around in there. We then went to the sports bar to watch the football, and to be honest was the most relaxing part of the trip. The shop on site can't be faulted clean well stocked friendly staff very useful. On Sunday our third day we decided to go bowling and despite being told it was included with wristbands it was not and cost an additional £19 for as much as you can fit in in an hour. It was good,as good as your local ten pin bowling alley but you would expect that for the price. We had some time in the arcade which was ok your usual on sight arcade. One of the machines didn't work which we pointed out to staff but again got a shrug of the shoulders Oh well attitude. We contemplated leaving Sunday night but as a noisy neighbours had us awake since 7 we were to tired to drive home. We were looking forward to a carvery at the Old Mill pub but at £8.95 per person i thought this was way overpriced my local does a fantastic carvery for £3.65. I feel the Park has potential but the staff need to keep the same attitude whether it's the start middle or end of the season and keep stock as advertised. I will be sending in a letter to get a refund on our bands as they were a complete waste of money but no doubt I won't hear anything from that. Feel like we were in the way from staff going on their own holidays, probably unlikely that we will return.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Richardstone1

I am extremely sorry to read that you were not entirely happy with your stay. It is most unusual for us to receive noise complaints due to us being a family Park, and as such, we take these matters very seriously. We have Security and a Duty Manager on site until around 12am, and our Night Security patrols from 11pm - 8am and is always contactable by mobile phone should you experience any issues. I am sorry that the entertainment was not suited to your individual taste. We do have separate eateries from our Bistro take away, including The Old Mill Pub and Harry's Sports Bar, which may have been of more interest to your party as you do not need to access these through the Entertainment hall.

I am very sorry to read you did not feel our EX34 instructors were encouraging enough whilst your stepson was doing the activities. This is most out of character, and it would never be their intention for you to leave feeling disappointed. I will re-iterate to them the importance of our guests satisfaction to ensure this does not happen again. Bowling is an additional charge of £19 for one hour, or if you prebook this, you can save almost 50%, taking an hours game to just £10. I am unsure as to why you believed this was included, and I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.

We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative, as it is an invaluable aid to our improvement and development plans.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Some of the activities were closed due to it being end of season, however the kids club was brilliant. My daughter (3yr) loved Billy and Betty beachball and by the end of the 4th day knew all the moves to the dances (and still sings them now). We chose to stay in a bronze caravan which had a verandah and was surrounded by trees, so peaceful. The swimming pool in Cleavewood house is lovely. Woolacombe beach is absolutely beautiful and great for the kids. Lovely soft sand great for making sand castles. Overall a wonderful holiday and we are going back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and you found your Bronze caravan met your expectations. Our Cleavewood Manor House has a fantastically quiet and warm swimming pool, and it’s great that you took advantage of this lovely additional swimming pool. It is lovely to read your daughter enjoyed the children’s entertainment so much! Your kind words will be appreciated by our entertainment team.

We hope you return in the future!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week at woolacombe bay holiday village for my sons 2nd birthday at the begging of september. The holiday didnt start great as we had to change caravans due to the state of the one we were first put in. This issue was quickly resolved by the assistant manager of the park who was more than obliged to help us out. We stayed in a silver caravan which was just enough space for 4 adults and 2 toddlers. The caravan had a beautiful view and quiet surroundings which we found very relaxing. All of the pools were very clean and great fun, the cleavewood pool was especially good as there were periods where we had the pool to ourselves. The food at the old mill pub was lovely and the staff were very friendly as were all the staff around the park. The entertainment was your typical holiday park entertainment which my 2 year old found great fun. There was loads to do on site, rock climbing, surf simulator, crazy golf, bowling, water walkers, enough to keep you busy for days. We didnt use the shop on site instead used the tesco in ilfracombe which had the usual great offers. What we did find great about staying here is that you can use all the facilities at any of the sister parks which we did use as we visited twitchen house which was another beautiful holiday park. Also my partner used the romano spa at woolacombe bay holiday village which was good value for money. Really did have a great time and could go on and on about what a great time we had. We will definately book for next year.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is wonderful to read that you had such an enjoyable holiday! It is great that you took advantage of the many facilities we offer on site, and also took advantage of our sister Parks. Woolacombe Bay boasts an incredible view over Woolacombe beach, and offers many facilities such as swimming pools, crazy golf and the Romano Spa, the perfect place to relax! Twitchen House is a large manor house set in National Trust ground, offering a range of family friendly fun!

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of your caravan in our peaceful Cleavewood area, and our team could find an accommodation that met your expectations. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the woolacombe bay golden coast in a caravan. Whilst the site was good and had every thing to offer, the caravan was disgusting. The curtains were filthy, the bedrooms smelt so bad that we slept on the sofa the entire time because we didnt want to go in the room. I upgraded to the silver acommadation so expected to get what I paid for but I didnt. The service was also terrible with 2 ladies talkin to eachother right infront of us for minutes about personal conversation at reception before aknowledging us. Even though I did not pay alot for the holiday I still expected more and would not go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank paigebird

I am very sorry to read that your accommodation did not meet your expectations. Our Housekeeping Team work very hard to ensure that each unit is fully prepared prior to your arrival, however I apologise you feel this was not the case on this occasion. I do hope that you informed us whilst on Park as we would have liked the opportunity to rectify any issues you had, or move you to an alternative accommodation so you could fully enjoy your stay with us, especially as you enjoyed the Park itself.

Providing excellent customer service is very important to our Reception team, and it would never be their intention to make our guests feel as though they received poor service. I will inform our team of your comments to ensure that this does not happen again.

We appreciate all feedback, positive and negative, so thank you for taking the time to write to write your review.