Golden Coast Holiday Village
  • Restaurant
$94
$89
Agoda.com
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort(Croyde)(Great Value!)
$184
$188
Hotels.com
$108
Royal Hotel(Woolacombe)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,368 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgeon sitesilver apartmentsurf simulatorwasher dryerhigh ropeswave machinebowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearevening entertainmentwater walkerssoft play
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

paid £1203.35 for weeks stay in Gold Lodge sleeps 6. Stopped going five years ago after complaining about these villas but went back to please elderly mother. Firstly on arrival noticed not all items were in cubboard that was on itinerary. Got frying pan out which you wouldnt use to give your dogs its dinner, light bulbs in numerous rooms not working. Yes put right when i had to go and complain. Beds dont have mattresses on them very thin mattresses which you can feel all springs in and pillows feel like they are washed and mangled. Outdoor slide pool was partially covered and full of ducks sleeping in it... surley this is health and safety... what are the ducks putting in the pool while they are sleeping there!! washing machine disgustingly dirty hasnt been cleaned for months in washing compartment and painting in our room appeared to have been spat all over. Wont ever go back again could have gone abroad for what this cost. Large chips on site would only just give enough for two people. !!!!Save your money and go abroad. Only good thing to say was bowiling alley staff... man in black t shirt... extremely helpful and nice... we played for three nights with family and he was very helpful. Oh and far too many people as most nights we could not sit for entertainment as no spaces left so we saw nothing. Security on site also rubbish as noisy drunken crowd with tents moved in and kept everyone awake. Cars get wheel clamped if not got sticker when asked for sticker "sorry we have ran out"

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for our review. I’m sorry you felt certain elements of your holiday were lacking. I have looked into your comments and found we replaced the blown light bulbs, frying pans etc.. As requested. We have noted your comment regarding the mattresses thickness and washing machine and we have put measures in place to remove the ducks as they are attracted to the heated outdoor pool, the pools are all cleaned and tested daily.

Our clubhouse is very popular and we do hope to expand it in the future. Any reported issues of noise during the nights are always dealt with quickly by our security team and all guests are issued with the night teams contact numbers to contact if any noise is heard.

We do not operate any wheel clamping, although we were waiting on a new delivery of car stickers on your arrival day and they arrived a few days later.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from Golden Coast, we booked a silver caravan for two weeks and paid almost £1700 for it. The caravan was very clean on arrival but take you own bed linen as we hired ours and it was stained and the sheets were torn.
The caravan was located at Clevewood which is quite a trek (uphills)away from the park facilities and had a through road in between, so there is no security anyone can be wandering and driving around around the park at any time.
There was an outdoor and indoor pool close to our accomodation, you need tokens to get in the indoor pool so had to trek to reception to get them, we asked the receptionist why we had to do this and the said "to moniter the numbers of poeple in the pool" but as ther were never any staff at the pool to stop people going in it was always shoulder to shoulder no hope of actually swimming in it so the tokens were usless.The changing rooms and toilets were filthy. In a previous reply the manager has stated that there are life guards at all the pools in the summer holidays, we never saw 1 life guard at either of these pools the whole time we were there. The weather wasn't great the first few days we were there so on the first nice day we decided to try the outdoor pool only to find it closed for maintenance, What kind of logic is that?. We then went up to the main outdoor pool with the slides etc to find that it was full and we weren't allowed in. I spoke to another lady there and she said she had been trying to get in that pool area for a week with her family with no luck. The park advertises it's great pools and that is one of the reasons that families book with park, but whats the point in them if you can't use them, they need to be made bigger for the amount of accomodation that they have.
It was the same at the clubhouse for the entertainment, which is great if you can acctually get a seat to watch it. The cabaret started at 10pm but you had to be in there to get a seat by 6.30 to watch it.
The have spent alot of money on the facilities that have to be paid for as in the surf simulator and climbing wall, but no money at all on the facilities that come with the holiday as in the pools and cinema. It seems to be a "let's see how much more money we can sqeeze out of them" style of management.
One evening we were on our way to the clubhouse after dining at the old mill, lovely food by the way, and stopped to watch the surf simulator for a few minuites only to be deliberatly soaked by the cocky instructor, which he and his cronies found highly hilarious, we didn't find it funny and had to go back to the caravan to change.
We paid for the bus tickets, but wish we hadn't, the bus was always full, only used it once so at £16 it was an expensive bus ride.
Overall i wouldn't recomend this park, we paid alot of money for the facilities that ended up being next to useless.

7  Thank ludlaims
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent holiday. Sorry to hear your linen was torn, the linen all comes pre packaged from a professional laundry company and from time to time a torn sheet can slip in. I hope our reception exchanged the linen over for you with no question.

Various staff members do check the maximum bather loads in the pools throughout the daytime and very occasionally we have to wait for people to leave before we can allow more people in, this is purely for the guest’s safety. We do have to carry out essential maintenance in the pools from time to time and I hope this did not inconvenience you too much.

We note your comments regarding the seating in the clubhouse, and we do hope to expand the clubhouse in the future to allow more seating for our guests.

I must apologize if you were splashed while watching the surf simulator we do advertise it as a ‘wet area’ as the more experienced surfers can build up some waves when surfing.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have mixed feelings about our holiday here, the caravan we stayed in (silver) was spotlessly clean when we arrived and the pools were all clean too. The reception staff are friendly and seem happy to help. However I think they should focus on having 2 pools, one decent indoor and one decent outdoor rather than boasting about having 5 very sub-standard pools. Also no room for a cot even though they knew I was bringing one, they had to remove a bed as they couldn't swap accommodation due to being fully booked, but apparently if I had booked one of their cots then they wouldn't have put us in that accommodation, I felt that was a little unfair just because I'd rather my baby slept in one I knew would be clean and safe! Some of the extreme sport staff are brilliant, others clearly wish they were elsewhere! Overall I didn't have a terrible experience, but not a brilliant one either, but definitely wouldn't return as don't feel we got nearly enough for the money.

6  Thank fionacoaker
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Regarding your comments about the pools we find many guests prefer a small quiet pool, which is why we have different size pools on Park to cater for all our guests’ requirements. In addition all our guests can use the pools at all four Parks giving ten pools for our guests to choose from.

The bedrooms in caravans are generally smaller than those in our lodge accommodation and when a cot is requested by a guest we remove one of the single beds to allow the cot to fit easily into the smaller bedroom. For future information we also offer lodges with a nursery.

Thank for your positive feedback regarding our cleanliness and our reception team.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked a week at Golden Coast through Hoseasons on the internet and feel we have been misled."Boasting 3 miles of of glorious blue flag beach" "A paradise for beach lovers, the safe golden sands offer all the joys of traditional seaside fun" We were led to believe we would be by the beach. Not so, the beach is approximately 3 miles away. We would have been happy to walk, but the road is too dangerous and without pavements or footpaths.Upon check in there was nowhere to park. My husband eventually did find a space in another car park and we had to lug our luggage, 2 young children, wheelchair bound father in law to our accomodation.My husband and I made 6 trips to and from our car.Hoseasons also failed to mention that most of the activities are chargable. They want you to spend your cash and even charge you £1.60 for cash withdrawals.The place is very overcrowded.It is huge and can accomodate in excess of 2,000 people.Facilities are inadequate for this amount of people. Indoor pools were overcrowded and we were often denied access. Entertainment venue was always overcrowded and we could never get a table.Staff were advising people to arrive early to get a table, but who wants to be sitting in an empty complex from 4pm on their holiday?Old Mill pub looked nice, but overcrowded and again, we could never get a table.We did manage to get a table in the near empty Sports bar, but the food was lukewarm and inedible. I did mention this to the lady behind the bar and she just shrugged her shoulders and said she was only here for the season!!!.However awful this place is, we were determined to make the best of it, but my wheelchair bound father in law was treated very badly by the staff.He had to stay in every single night with my mother in law as we were unable to get a table anywhere in this overcrowded place. They would have loved to go out for a few evenings.I did enquire at reception if there was anything they could do, even if it was just for one evening so that my father and mother in law could enjoy an evening out with their family. Why did I bother? Staff informed me there was nothing they could do. I pleaded with them and finally the girl at reception said she would get the manager. He could not be bothered to come down, but sent a message to say there was nothing they could do.Staff did not even try to help us.Not a nice holiday for my in-laws and a very disappointed one for us.

Room Tip: We don't have anything positive to say about this overcrowded place
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Helena G

Many customers love our beach and choose to use our buses to avoid parking at the beach, we also allow customers to park at our sister parks Woolacombe Bay and Twitchen where there are safe footpaths to use.

All our literature does state when an activity does have an additional cost, but we also offer lots of free entertainment and facilities for our guests to enjoy.

I’m afraid we can’t reserve tables in the clubhouse as it is very popular and is on a first come first served basis. We are looking into expanding the clubhouse in the future to give our guests more seating.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this park for 6 nights and loved it.We originaly were ment to be there for 4 nights but extended or break for a further 2 nights. We arrived on the 6th aug and were staying in a bronze caravan, When entering the caravan it was clean and ok, just what we expected really for a bronze, but the kids bedroom smelt of wee, I went to reception and complained. The receptionist was fantastic and within 5 mins she had changed our caravan , upgraded us to a silver and apologies and all for free ! I have to stay the difference between bronze and silver was great and if we booked again we would pay for silver.

The site its self is great especially for the kids. The wave machine was the highlight for my 6 yr old son. The climbin wall was great to. We only went in the indoor pool once, to be far it was a little dirty for my liking but the kids loved it. We went in the out door pool and that was great, water was warm and it was clean enough, only thing that concerned me was the number of ducks that used it as a pond at night, duck poo in the pool wasnt the best thought.

Over all we didnt use the site facilities that much as we went more for the beach and the waves , but what we saw was more than fine. We went in the evening entertainment area once, it wasnt really for us as it was very busy and you cant see the kids that well and as I have a 2 yr old as well it was not very relaxing as I couldnt see her all the time.

We ate at the Old Mill Pub and we had a great experience there, food was lovely and well priced.

We went to the BIG SHEEP for a day out, I really recommend it , it was a great day, kids loved it and only about 40 min drive away. Really good if the weathers not great.

Overall we had a great holiday so much that we extended it for 2 extra days. The Site, area, beach, weather made an amazing break

Room Tip: if you want a much better caravan pay the extra for a silver not the bronze .
2  Thank Jill S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I was glad to hear you have such a good time you extended your break and we hope to see you again at one of our Parks in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager