Watersmeet Hotel(Woolacombe)
The Beach House(Woolacombe)
The Grange(Mortehoe)
Agoda.com
2,678 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgebronze villaon sitesurf simulatorwave machinehigh ropeswasher dryerbowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearwater walkersevening entertainmentsoft play
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Booked 3 caravans for a family of 10 to stay at the golden coast at woolecombe. Upon arrival we were given the keys to all three. Thankfully they did respond to our request for all caravans to be together which we were pleased with. We went to the local shop on site which we found very well stocked and reasonably priced. Thats were the good bit ends.... It turns out that the caravans are a good 15 mins walk away from the main facilities and down a canyon... When we opened the doors at first and got over the smell of cigarettes in the one, the true condition of the (Silver) caravans came to light. They were filthy...! I spent the first hour cleaning the cupboard doors, handles, floors and kettle to make it habitable. I have included some photos so show some of what i found. We didnt complain at first as the general feeling after seeing all 3 caravans is that all were probably of the same poor cleanliness. The one caravan had a gas hob that once lit could not be turned down to a low heat otherwise it would go out without notice and leave gas leaking!!!, On the wednesday of our stay in one of the caravans the one fridge was faulty and it froze a can of coke which exploded. Fortunately we were out at the time otherwise if it had happened when of the kids had grabbed it, it could of been a very different story. By now we are not happy at all and complained to the manager who came down straight away to listen to our concerns. He did get the fridge replaced within 1 hour but nothing was done about the cleaning... Non of the windows locked properly in the caravans which was dangerous as they were very easy for the smaller kids to reach. There are alot of facilities on site which was nice to see but they fail to mention that alot of these were very expensive to do..e.g: paint a teacup cost £14.95. Surf for 1 hour was over £20. when you have a family of 10 people the costs mount very quickly. There was a indoor pool & outdoor pool close to the caravans which was nice to see and use except we couldnt use the jacuzzi as it didnt work and the water was a very suspect shade of yellow !!! It was also unmanned so no lifeguard there to help watch and keep people safe which was shocking as this is supposed to be a family resort with lots of kids.We wanted to do some washing whilst there as had a small child with us. We purchased £6 tokens to use and when we got to the lauderette the machines were full. Knowing that there is more than one lauderette on site we drove to the other only to find that this one doesnt take tokens and that we had to find another £7 cash to use which was annoying and inconvienant as already spent out on tokens. I dont feel we got what we paid for and no one really took notice of the complaint. I have never been so happy to get home to a clean place. I feel robbed of the money we spent whilst there. I would never recommend this place to anyone !! DISGUSTING and A RIP OFF !!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else !!!!
1  Thank ybina
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

In response to your comments we have three launderettes on Park, some take tokens which you can purchase from reception and some coins, we would have been more than happy to refund any tokens you no longer wanted. I’m sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

I’m sorry you did like the location of the caravans; this normally proves a popular location as you can see from other reviews but if you chose to stay again our lodges are situated nearer the main club facilities.

I can see from your review that one of our management team quickly replaced a fridge that had broken, I’m sorry this happened but appliances can break from time to time as they can in your own home. I’m sure a re-clean would have been offered if any cleanliness issues were reported at the time.

We do state some additional charges apply in all our literature but we do also offer many free facilities and entertainment.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have just come back from a 3 night stay at Golden coast Holiday village, which we booked through breakfreeholidays. I don’t know what else to say apart from that it was truly awesome. The only fault I could find was that there needs to be a bigger outside play park and that a wheel on the wooden pirate ship and maybe a slide and some pulleys on the masts might be good. Also the evening entertainment (like everywhere at the mo) was a disco, party dances, bingo and then a singer ( everywhere I go this year I have thought "where have all the circus acts and magicians gone"), but I was reassured that they do have other acts on a rotation such as magicians etc.

Now for the good points. We stayed in basic bronze accommodation which was in fact a proper two bedroom house, and it was clean, had nice furniture and 6 beds and made us feel really pampered and posh. We stayed opposite the main complex and the back door opened onto an enclosed big lawn and a lovely duck pond, the kids had so much space to play.

Inside entertainment
The inside complex had a huge and hot swimming pool (free), with sauna, a brilliant soft play with huge slide, a proper bowling alley (£20 a family). arcade, cinema with four films per day (all proper Disney etc) lots of pool tables etc scattered around. There was restaurant and take away not over priced, cheep bar apparently. The kids entertainment in the mornings was good, circus skills, shaker making etc, although the programme wasn’t always correct so we missed stuff or didn’t know other things were going on.

Outside entertainment
Outside they have just opened a new complex. There is the best outside pool I have seen in the uk or abroad. It is hot and big and exciting for the kids, there is a kids pool flowing gradually into the deep pool, bubbly bits, a small slide and then once an hour or half hour there are four big slides that go on for 10 mins. Then there are other activities. Crazy golf is free, climbing wall is £3, bungee trampoline is £3, water hamster ball things are £4, high ropes are £10. There is also a surf simulating wave machine and this is £20. There is also a small wooden play area and a wooden pirate ship but this needs expanding and stuff adding as it is a boring play area even if it does look good. There is also a laundrette and a cheep shop onsite. There is also a bus that takes you to woolacombe and back for £4, in good weather this is open top!

I have been to many parks and this is the only one that has got the such a lot to do in good weather and in bad and most importantly has got their water temperatures right (I get very cold and have kids that like to live in the water so this made my holiday. Most importantly the staff were so chilled and kind. Although one person on reception isn’t enough as every time we wanted tokens for the pool we had to wait for numerous people to check in. But even when we had a problem late at night the staff came out within 5 mins.

Room Tip: lakeside is opposite the main complex and has a lovely duck pond
1  Thank dawn u
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you posting a review of your recent holiday with us at the Golden Coast. It’s great you made use of so many of our facilities. Thank you for your feedback and we have taken on board all your comments. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2012

we booked this holiday as in the brochure looked very appealing, but upon arriving found out its in the middle of nowhere so had to drive if you wanted to go anywhere off resort which we did as there wasnt an awful lot to do on site in typical british weather, accomodation was nice spacious and clean. entertainment was poor including the childrens entertainment throughout the day considering its a family holiday park wasnt a lot to do for small children we had a 2 and 3 year old the onsite shop was reasonably priced tho and swimming pols were nice and clean. but wont be going back due to the fact there wasnt an wful lot to do!

1  Thank samboNorthEast

Sorry to hear you couldn’t find anything to do on Park, for our younger guests we offer a range of activities including a dedicated under 5’s club every morning, Billy and Betty Beachball photo shoots and meetings and family events such as our sports day with races just for the under 5’s. We also have a large multi-level soft play area, a brand new pirate ship and mini playground. A large playground at our on-site pub and Waves our ceramic studio offers baby and toddlers packages. We also offer the choice of three outdoor and two indoor pools on this park and guests are able to use all the pools on our three sister Parks as well.

We are located 5 min from an award winning 3 mile sandy beach, 10 min from the harbour town of Ilfracombe also there are plenty of family attractions such as Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur park and Water mouth Castle within 25min drive. Many visitors come to Devon to make the most of the countryside and enjoy the seaside I’m sorry you did not like our location.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We just comeback from Golden Coast Woolacombe, compare to other luxury holiday we have had this was not bad but the entertainment and kids facility was fantastic, we had silver lodge 2 bedroom, it was fine I can say 7 out of 10 fridge was not working well, TV didn't have remote, outside light were turned off after second day, sofa bed was not comfortable at all, but we really enjoyed the atmosphere and entertainment, we have been told that we get %50 off if we book next year holiday this year and pay full amount, we did book for whole family (16 people) for next year and I paid £1100 for two silver lodge 3 bedroom but when I checked the price now I could get the same lodge with only £1200 over the website, I don't understand what is the %50 off ? also cinema was ..... better nothing to say, i hope management go to cinema and take look at the chairs, in-door pool was not watch by lifeguard and showers was so dirty. I think my very good rate to this par was a quit kind ratting and it was just because for all the friendly staff which they make this holiday for us a very nice memory of Golden Coast.

1  Thank Massoud Q
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent holiday. I’m glad you enjoyed the entertainment and kids activities and that the staff and atmosphere made your holiday. If you would like us to look into your holiday discounts again please give our reservations team a call with your booking number and they will be happy to help you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden coast again next year.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

To "The Sun". we just had a very pleasant stay at the Golden Coast..The Lodges are quiet nice, but basic..I certainly would not have paid the going rate. The staff on site are quiet young, I personally did not find them to helpful, but that may be due to their tender years as opposed to anything else. As we did not have children with us it is difficult to gauge the amenities for them, but there appeared to be plenty for them to do. Devon on the other hand is breath-taking, the beaches, the scenery, the FRESH CREAM TEAS..! The locals are lovely and so helpful. The bus service is quiet a challenge..! There is an obvious siesta period between 1-3pm but you can with a little help from locals get around.(A big-THANK YOU to the driver of the Fliers Bus 11.50 from Golden Coast to Barnstaple on Fri 20th July- he's a real STAR). In conclusion, Devon is 1st class..The Golden Coast is not Worth the brochure price, but if you get the chance of a Sun voucher holiday - grab it..

Room Tip: The lodges are at the end of narrow little paths - some of them on slopes. So people using walking sticks may want to ensure their lodge is on the flat.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

I’m glad you enjoyed your holiday at the Golden Coast and liked the local area; we are also big fans of the Devon cream teas. Aidan Glover - General Manager