Watersmeet Hotel(Woolacombe)
$340
$323
  • Breakfast included
Sunnymeade Country House(Woolacombe)(Great Value!)
The Fortescue Arms(Woolacombe)
Marine House(Woolacombe)
The Beach House(Woolacombe)
Europa Park(Woolacombe)
2,685 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgebronze villaon sitesurf simulatorwave machinehigh ropeswasher dryerbowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearwater walkersevening entertainmentsoft play
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I spent a week in an exclusive lodge with my young daughter and family. Fabulous accomodation, very clean and a well stocked welcome pack. There was plenty to do for my 17 month daughter as the weather wasn't the best. She loved the kids clubs and disco. All staff from cleaners, reception staff and entertainers were so friendly and really made the holiday. A big thank you to Nathan, Chris and Kayleigh on the entertainment staff. They were brilliant with the children and always went above and beyond to make sure my daughter was happy. The Old Mill pub was nice with great food and a lovely outdoor play area. We have already booked for next year and hope to get a weekend there around Easter.

4  Thank Binty33
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank for you taking the time to post a review of your recent holiday with us at the Golden Coast. I am glad you hear you liked your accommodation and found all our staff to be helpful and friendly.

I will pass on you kind comments to Nathan, Chris and Kayleigh on the entertainments team, they will be happy to learn that they made your daughter's holiday.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2012.

Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We did the sun holiday as we do at least a couple of times a year this was our first one this year and as we have a little one now we decided to upgrade we had the option to upgrade for less to a lakeside lodge so I thought great sounded nice and the bonus of a washer dryer would be good ! Oh and a proper bed !!!
Well the lake side part was ammusing it was a pond ! The apartment it's self was very old and tired the bathroom was quite possibly the worst room cracked tiles mould on the ceiling and skirting board and up inside the handles of the tap! The toilet didnt feel like it was fixed to the floor and it just looked dirty.
The bed was very uncomfortable and the head board was hanging off the wall and the base of the bed was minging ! The washer dryer well not sure what happened to the dryer part !! Also we found the arcade wasn't very buggy friendly, we didn't even bother trying the entertainment !!
We like to try different places when we go and I can quite honestly say we won't be going back again and if that is the standard of accomadation you get as an upgrade then I certainly won't be wasting my money and I feel very sorry for people that have paid full price.

1  Thank Wormus80
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay with us at the Golden Coast.
I’m so sorry to hear you were unhappy with your accommodation. I hope we sorted any issues reported whilst on your holiday quickly with little impact to your family holiday.

With regards to your view on the lake, I think you may have been situated nearer our smaller lake; we have a few in varying sizes around the lakeside accommodation area.

It’s a shame you did not try more of our park facilities as we pride ourselves on having something for all ages to enjoy. We also give our customers the benefit of being able to use all 4 of our parks facilities when they are staying with us.

I do hope that despite your present disappointment we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to one of our parks to prove that we really do aim to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations.
Aidan Glover - General Manager.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

We decided to pay extra and stay in a rose villa which was billed as one of their better accomodation types, this was a big mistake. The accomodation was filthy, it was thick with dust, the carpet has seen better days and we daren't sit on the sofa for fear of sticking to it. We had an infestation of ear wigs & spiders and on our third day found a family of slugs nestled within the kitchen cupboards. After a considerable and justified complaint we were relocated to one of the lodges but wasted half of the day moving all our belongings, there was no offer of compensation or an extra night in the new accomodation. This was a real shame because we were really looking forward to staying here after we had been to woolacombe a number of years ago. I definately will not be recommending this to any friends or family which is sad because Woolacombe itself is lovely.

Room Tip: If visiting go for the top priced Lodge and do not settle for any other accomodation. They appear to invest their time and money in the lodges and have left the rest of the resort in a state of disrepair!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sfc200376
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights in a Lakeside (pondside) Villa. The accommodation is very basic and outdated. Living room was big with a sofa, two chairs and a table and chairs. Kitchen was small and the dish in the microwave had been left very dirty. If your thinking of using the washer dry make sure you give it a good hours to complete a cycle! Bathroom was small,no electric shower so have to use the mixer on the taps( make sure no one puts the cold water on while your in there or you will get burnt). Main bedroom was big but the mattress is so hard you may as well be on the floor, plus there was a damp smell in the room. Kids bedroom was big and had bunk beds and two single beds. There was also storage space in each room.

The site itself is massive and parking by your accommodation can be a problem, so God knows what its like in the main holiday weeks.
both the pools are nice,bowling, soft play area are good, the cinema is ok too.

The arts and crafts was good and the freaco shop next to it was pretty well stocked and not too expensive.

The main entertainment room isn't big enough for the site as it was hard to get a seat.

Staff are friendly, with the exception of one of the Burger flippers at Billy's bistro (where the food is expensive and horrible). The beer was of poor quality and expensive but its the same on most sites like this.

Overall as this was a sun holiday it was pretty good value and I would go back on a sun holiday. However we checked to see how much full price would be and it's about £400 and there is no way I would pay that much to stay here.

Would not recommended this as I wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent promotional holiday with us. We do offer a large range of different styles and grades of accommodation. Promotional holiday guests will be allocated the Budget units with opportunities to upgrade if available. This system works very well and often people choose to visit us again and book direct through our brochure or website which means they can choose the exact unit of accommodation to meet their needs. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the park and made use of some of its many facilities. We hope to see you again in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Got married in May, and didnt have a honeymoon, instead decided to book a family holiday with our 4 children to beautiful Devon. Logged onto internet and found the Woolacombe Bay holiday parks, set about looking at the varying accomadtion. We tried to book 3 different holidays (all staying in statics) eaach time we entered all the details needed, payment details etc only at the last minute to be chucked out without the booking being completed. In the end phoned up to be told all that was left was a 'Rose Villa' at Golden Coast. Checked out the accomodation on the website and it looked fine from the pictures, not exactly what we had initially tried to book, but the reviews and pictures all seemed ok, and given it was going to cost more than £100 than the ones we had originally tried to book we figured it must be pretty good.

Fast forward 3 months, 26th August, and we arrive in Woolacombe, we have a quick drive round the site as we cant check in until 4pm, all looks ok, drive round back of the club house and see a row of dilapidated terraces over looking the bin store. 'Hope thats not where we are staying' I chuckle. A few hours later we return to check in, a very jolly member of staff hands me my key, number 5 Pine Cones, I thought we'd booked into a Rose Villa ? Its the same thing, have a lovely stay. As we follow her directions to the 'Villa' a feeling of dread washes over me....yep, thats where were staying, overlooking the bin store, try to keep the smile on my face for the sake of the kids while im opening the door, but once inside just want to cry, the carpets are old and filthy (think sticking to them as you walk round), the sofa looks like its been rescued from the tip, the curtains are literally hanging of the rails, the miniscule tv can only find 2 channels, but wait the kitchen looks clean...closer inspection....food left in pots....inside fridge....caked in somthing sticky.....plugs and sockets.....Caked in grease. Upstairs does'nt get much better.....stains on the mattresses, Bunk bed looks like if anyone climbs the ladder it would collapse, dirty windows, dust.....I could go on, and as you walked down the stairs you could see daylight through the gap in the closed front door. Straight back to reception to complain.

The staff are actually very understanding (a common heard complaint maybe), and offer to do a re clean, a very helpful young man brings us a dvd player and a selection of kids films. I ask if the reclean will consist of new carpets, curtains and other furniture, obviously it didnt, I ask if the Park Manager would like to come and have a look round and justify the amount we have paid to the standard of accomadtion...he declines, and sends his deputy to explain they have no where else to move us too, and that being bank holiday weekend we wont find anywhere else to stay in the whole of devon ! We can have a 75% credit note to use another time if we leave immediatly, or wait and see if they get any cancellations over the weekend, but that rarely happens ! With 4 tired and hungry children we decide to risk it and stay the night. We take the kids to the 'cinema' on site, or should i say the main entertainment room with a couple of big tv's that they dub as a cinema, we give up and drive into woolacombe for dinner.

Next morning and there is hope, a very helpful member of staff comes to see us, they have had a cancellation and can move us to a static, downside is we can only have it for two nights, as it is booked from Monday, so we will have to move back to the dump if they cant find us anywhere else, we take her offer and its lovely, compact but very clean and tidy, begin to realax and start enjoying our holiday, until the Sunday when we get another visit, there is definitly no other accomadtion available on any of their sites so first thing monday morning we have no choice but to move back to the dump. Feel like crying and actually consider just leaving and coming home, but on the off chance call into a little park we passed on our way into woolacombe town to see if by any chance they have anything available...they do, we book on the spot (along with another couple in reception who are doing the same after not being happy with accomadtion at one of Golden Coasts other sites).

Next morning as we are packing to leave we get another visit, 'we've found you somewhere at one of our other parks', we have a chuckle and wonder if its the same accomation that the other couple we met at the new site have left. We tell them thanks, but no thanks, too late, found somwhere else, they actually look very surprised and a little put out ! We agree that we will pay for the 3 nights we stayed, but that we would like a refund for the rest of the week, expecting an argument or at least a low offer refund, but to be fair to them they agreed immediatly to refund the amount we asked for.

The happy ending is that we enjoyed a wonderful four days at the new park, and will be going back next year, but am very disapointed with Golden Sands, it looks fantastic on their website, and could/should be a lovely place to stay, but some of the accomadtion lets it down. If I had paid £9.50 from the sun then fair enough, you get what you pay for, but we didnt we paid an awful lot more and the accomadation was just not up to standard, not even a low standad.

Intrestingly met a lot of people at our new site who had experienced similar problems to us at Golden Coast and its associates, None of them will ever go back and neither will we.

Hoping for a reply from Golden Sands on here as others have had as I have also posted a review of accomodation on Golden Coasts site, but intrestingly it isnt showing, do they only use positives reviews on their site, if so thank goodness for sites like trip advisor !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mark180567

Sorry to hear your recent holiday with us did not meet all your expectations. I am aware of your booking and I believe as a company we went above and beyond to try and help rectify your issues. All units at our four parks were completely full (it was the August Bank Holiday week) we gave a full re-clean as soon as we was bought to our attention that you were not happy with your unit. We also as you mentioned provided a DVD player and DVDs as a goodwill gesture. We do operate an ongoing refurbishment programme in order to update our accommodation and if you stayed again I’m confident we could find a unit more to your liking.

We do have a cinema which is not in the main entertainment Clubhouse, we normally put extra films on the big screens in very busy periods but the cinema was open as usual sorry you did not manage to find it.

Our Housekeeping Manager worked hard all weekend trying to find you an alternative accommodation, she was able to offer the caravan you stayed in for the weekend as another family had to cancel last minute. She explained the situation fully and kept you updated throughout the weekend.

She was very happy that on Monday she was able to find you a caravan and was understandably upset that you had made other arrangements. We did give you a refund for the days you did not stay with us and the Housekeeping Manager filled a full report saying you had left saying you were likely to return and were happy with the eventual outcome. We are sorry to see that this has changed since you arrived home and you still felt the need to comment on your stay with us in negative light, but I feel our customer service on this occasion especially from our Housekeeping Manager was excellent.

I hope that you accept my assurance that we work hard to provide a high level of service. I am confident that on any future holiday with Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks that you will find our reputation for high standards of quality well deserved.

Aidan Glover - General Manager