2,819 results
All reviewsold millsilver lodgegolden coastexclusive lodgebronze villaon sitesurf simulatorwave machinewasher dryerhigh ropesbowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearwater walkersevening entertainment
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Firstly if you holiday in Britain in a "Holiday Camp" you have to go with some expectations.
These usually include a good mix of people that you would meet anywhere, some home grown entertainment, and Bingo.
We were lucky enough to get a cracking deal on price for our accommodation for 6 of us in August.
The Apartment was a simple 2 up 2 down, which although maybe a little dated was clean, warm and dry, any thing we found missing in the kitchen was immediately replaced by the friendly staff.
The outdoor heated pool was warm enough to be used by us in the rain, the indoor pool after 7pm was also lovely and quiet.
Didn't mind the 3 pound extra charge for the climbing wall etc as the kids saw it as a rare treat.
Its an excellent base to use for the gorgeous Woolacombe beach, we didn't use the bus, but parking was only £7 pounds for a full day.
It seems great care is taken to keep the park clean and tidy, flower baskets everywhere were watered everyday, unfortunately this doesn't stop people using them as ashtrays etc.
In summary - unless you pay a Five star price,for a 5 star holiday, this is one of the better parks in Devon. I would thoroughly recommend it.
(We went to the massive Haven previously in Devon and considered it hell on earth.)

Room Tip: If you pay for a £10 Sun holiday you get what you pay for. Upgrade!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul J
Woolacombe_Bay, Public Relations Manager at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for your review of your holiday with us at the Golden Coast, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your positive comments regarding our cleanliness, facilities, gardening and grounds. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. Aidan Glover, General Manager.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I guess this would represent good value for money if you went on a "Sun" holiday, but if you are paying full price, over £850.00 per week, then you are just throwing your money away. Everything is shabby, dirty and very expensive. The brochure leads you to believe that there are many things to do that are all part of the price, but the reality is very different. I would rather have spent a week on the Isle of Sheppey, at least I would known to bring my bingo marker, leave early to get a table and get myself tattooed beforehand, oh and it would have been much closer to home. If you enjoy the smell of the "Hippy Chippy", you'll love this place, if not, take your custom elsewhere....really!! I would never visit again nor recommend to anyone else. Devon is beautiful, this place is not.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mauricea S

I was very sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet our usual high standards, as you can read from other reviews we have a lot of happy customers who have reviewed various different styles and grades of accommodation. We do offer a wide range of accommodations to meet the budgetary requirements of all our customers and I’m sure if you came again we could find an accommodation to your liking.

We do offer a wide range of free activities including 10 indoor/outdoor pools, water slides, tennis, table tennis, snooker, fishing, cinema, sauna, pitch and putt, soft play areas, outdoor play areas, daytime children’s activities, live production shows, visiting cabarets, and children’s cabarets. Then as our brochure states for a little extra you can make use of our Extreme 34 package which includes the climbing wall, water walkers, seadoos, bungee trampolines and the new for 2011 Woolacombe Wave. I’m sure you can appreciate we have to charge a little extra for these as do most other holiday parks in the country.

It is often only through customer feedback that we can pinpoint areas of the park that are in need of improvement or change. It is only from receiving constructive comments such as yours that we can achieve this aim, and I am most grateful to you for bringing these matters to my attention.

I hope that you accept my assurance that we work hard to provide a high level of service. I am confident that on any future holiday with Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks that you will find our reputation for high standards of quality well deserved.

Aidan Glover

Reviewed August 1, 2011

this was our third tear in a row at golden coast holiday village.
we go on the sun holiday deal
our first time there we felt the accomadation was not good.not dirty but just showing it's age so we asked for a change of accomadation and we loved the caravan.
the following two years we have upgraded and the 5 day holiday cost.£90. we were in the top caravan both years.
these caravans are fantastic,double glazed,central heating,decking area with picnic table and bbq. well worth the £60 upgrade.
the cast itself is enormous but very well laid out. caravans are furthest point to walk to shops and clubhouse,this takes only 5 mins though.
i find the service excellent,childrens entertainer are fantastic with the kids and we have a great time.
there is far to much to list for things to do but nearly all is free including 3 inddor and 1 outdoor all heated swimming pools,cinema,3 sauna's,solarium,table tennis tables,snooker tables,soft play area,kids club in the mornings,adventure parks for the kids,tennis court,short lawn bowls,pitch and putt golf course and more for free. there are things you will pay for such as surfing machine,bungee trampoline,kids carts,waterwalkers,ten pin bowling,climbing wall. these are charged at aorund £3 for 15 mins but spread over your holiday is not bad.
overall a great park for the kids and adults, we will be back in 2012 again!!!

Room Tip: bus service into woolacmbe from site a must for £4 each for the week. runs every 15 mins too beach,free use of 2 more of their sites too.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent holiday it’s great to hear that as a loyal guest you are enjoying your holidays and coming back year after year.
We will pass your positive feedback onto the ParkStar entertainers. We will continue to invest in accommodation and facilities and hope you continue to enjoy your stays with us for many years to come - Aidan Glover, General Manager.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I really enjoyed staying at this resort. I had read some of the reviews about The Golden Sands before going, and it made me a little apprehensive as we had booked using the Sun holiday tokens.
My husband upgraded to the silver but kept it as a surprise from me. On arrival he us checked in. It was very quick. This could be because we arrived about 17:00 but even so the staff were extremely polite/cheerful.
The caravan was a little tricky to find, but that could be because of my husband’s interpretation of the directions and the signs. I noticed that there seemed to be quite a few cars with families driving around looking lost. This made me laugh.
I took over the navigation and used “women’s sense”. As you can imagine, if you’re a woman, I found the caravan in record time (ha ha).

The caravan was lovely. Clean, tidy and modern with two doors and many windows, making it light and airy. There was a welcome pack with some useful essentials - matches, dish cloth, miniature washing up liquid and a sponge. The kitchen was fully equipped with very good quality utensils. Bring your own kitchen/ tea towels.
The bedrooms & linen were clean and the bathroom had a lovely good size shower. There was a toilet roll there when we arrived, so we left one there when we left. Heating in the bathroom, bedrooms and living area with a small Television (the remote was missing, this was reported to reception). There was a place attached to the picnic table outside of the caravan to put a disposable bar-b-que. I thought this was a nice touch, and it seemed to be the case for each caravan that I saw in that area. I was instantly put ease and was able to relax.

The weather was unsettled which limited the use of the activities which we wanted to do. But that was our personal choice. However we decided that the rain wasn’t going to stop us completely from enjoying our weekend.
We went on a nature trail, which was outlined on the site map, it was great fun for all of us, especially my family, when I lost my footing and went sliding through the mud!
We played tennis and table tennis. The racquets and balls for both were hired from reception by leaving a refundable deposit of £5. A £10 refundable deposit is required for the snooker table. The tennis is best booked in advance at reception for 1 hour, as is very popular. I think it’s best to pre book the snooker table also.
We had a mini challenge with a dance machine in the arcade, went swimming indoors (there were four swimming pools around the resort, some indoor and some out). The cinema is free and shows different films three times a day. It’s very dark in there though, so beware lol.
There were quite a few other activities like a surf club, bowling, climbing wall, and a ceramic studio to name a few, but I won’t comment as we didn’t experience them. They are not free.
There are quite a few places to eat. We had a meal from Billy’s Bistro inside the main entertainment area; we spent £20 to feed four of us. The price of alcohol was reasonable also. The evening we spent in the entertainment area, we played bingo for £1 a book, watched the adult game for a laugh (very enjoyable), and there was a lively cabaret singer. They had a fancy dress completion and mini disco for the smaller children also. All in all, we had a good laugh that evening, however, i did think that the room could do with a little freshening up.

Woolacombe sands beach was a short drive away. Less than 5 minutes in the car. The sun was warm that afternoon and we were able to splash around in the sea and observe the lovely town. A really nice beach. There was a nice fish and chip shop on the main road - Harrys Fish & Chips, which we enjoyed some fresh tasting fish although the chips were a little mashed up. There are also very clean public toilets on the main road. The public car park cost £6, but we were able to park for free on a side road with only a 2 minute walk back to the beach.

The onsite supermarket Fresco, was stocked with all kinds of useful things. We even managed to buy a waterproof jacket, fridge magnets and some swim goggles. The food selection was vast. In my opinion things were reasonably priced. They also had a surf shop which I thought was a good idea if you suddenly got an urge to try the surf lessons they provide from £20 upwards. You can also book in advance.

Our stay was an enjoyable one. This is a place I would definitely visit again. A beautiful picturesque part of the country with The Golden Sands nuzzled nicely inside the surrounding rustic country side.

Room Tip: Upgrade in early in advance to avoid disapointment. We stayed in
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yfw1
Woolacombe_Bay, Public Relations Manager at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear your family had an enjoyable stay with us and made use of the parks facilities. We invest heavily each year in upgrading accommodation and added more facilities and it is always encouraging to receive reviews form happy guests. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We came back from golden sands today :( !!! So didn't want to come back. Me, my partner and our two young children stayed in a caravan on clevewood, it was beautiful. After reading some really bad reviews on here I was a bit scared as to what the site might be like but don't listen to the negative comments we thought the park was brilliant. Everywhere was really clean, they empty bins, pick up litter everyday, it was spotless!! The staff are brilliant, so helpful and kind. The entertainment was great my children loved it, something for all ages. This is the first park I've been to where they have played adult games too, which are hilarious!! The cabaret is brilliant too.
There's so much to do on site you'd never have to go off it! Our 4 year old daughter was so upset when we left today.
We can't wait to go back next year!! :)))

• Stayed: July 2011

It’s lovely to hear your whole family enjoyed their holiday so much. As a family owned company it is very important to us to entertain the whole family and we are glad you loved it so much. We hope to see you all again soon, Aidan Glover - General Manager.