“To use facilities.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woolacombe
Easewell Farm Holiday Village
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“To use facilities.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited Easwell 3st October, we were Staying at Golden coast there is no toddler pool there as Twitchen having work done we came and used facilities here. This is a very different quiet park in comparison with the other 3 of theirs. Friendly helpfull staff, not much of an arcade has bar and restaurant. Pool ideal for toddlers has changing area showers etc. Could use some maintenance in places. Very much aimed at camping and caravans.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Locky975

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Arrived at site, receptionists was changing barrel in bar. Was sorry for our wait, directed to super pitch. Very pleasant neighbours in a mobile home. They left after a couple of days.
After a day out we found we had new friends in a tent. This was cosy, it was pitched three feet away from our van. Tha facilties where always untidy with wet floors, toilet paper on floors, toilets never flushed. Super hoilday

1 Thank Bongsite
Codsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Easewell on and off all year thanks to summer storage of our caravan and we have loved it. The site manager - Martin is without doubt the friendliest and most helpful bloke I have every come across. Nothing is too much trouble for this guy and he is a credit to Woolacombe Bay parks. The location is fantastic and walks to the lighthouse (short walk) or Lee Bay can easily be made from your caravan door with no need to get in the car. If your up for a longer walk then we would walk through the site down into Mortehoe and on to Woolacombe itself.
It does get busy on bank holidays of course and the facilities are not large but that's the beauty of this small park so you can't have it both ways. Just make sure you book the correct pitch but if your unsure then simply ring them and talk to the advisors.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike W
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked the trip to Easewell Farm as their internet site looked fabulous and the location was perfect for Woolacombe and exploring North Devon.
As I drove up to the site entrance, a Police car was just leaving. Maybe that in itself should have acted as a warning!
Halfway up the driveway we encountered glass all over the tarmac. Carefully I manoeuvred around this whilst taking in the breath taking views. I reached the entrance and parked up and walked to Reception. Now as this was a 2:00pm on a Bank Holiday Weekend in August I was surprised to walk into Reception and be faced with a sign that read "Reception Closed. Please Check in at the Restaurant Bar".
Now I thought this was a little strange but I could smell the Restaurant so headed in the direction that my senses lead me (as the signage is not that great).
I entered the restaurant, well I can only describe it as a barn with carpet (and that looked warn and dirty) to wait to check in with all those looking to purchase food and drink. Finally, after all and sundry had ordered there rounds and dinner, I was served. I gave my name and booking details and the lady (I would add she was really polite and friendly) issued me with our brochure, wrist bands and site car pass. She then asked what I was pitching and I said a caravan and awning. At this point the lady serving me looked a little concerned. Once she had a little (quiet) chat to the chap behind the bar (now this guy was nowhere near as polite and seemed about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike) she stated that she didn't think there would be room! The chap then said for me to go out and have a look! Now this I did, quietly and without fuss (but in hindsight it was their mistake so they should be going out of their way to help...He should have gone out and looked either for or with me!!!).
I returned safe in the knowledge that there really was no room (well not if I wanted to put up our awning) and I returned to the bar (makeshift reception) to discuss what options I had. I was at this point informed that they operate an open camping policy and people could set up where they wanted if this option was selected via their website and that a space could not be guaranteed!) What a joke I thought. We went through all available options and it seemed as though the dog exercise field was the only option. Now without sounding fussy, I did not settle on this option. So on a Bank Holiday Weekend I had to set about finding another campsite and try to negotiate a refund (via the booking line because the site couldn’t offer this to me - Now that would just be too simple wouldn't it?)
Once I detailed my issues to the booking line, and having to argue my point that it wasn't my fault that they couldn’t fit me in, they agreed with my request, that as an offer of goodwill we could keep our site passes and use the facilities for free.
Thankfully I then managed to speak to a very helpful lady at a place locally, called Hidden Valley. They said that they would help, so all was not lost. (I won't go into it in detail now, but this is turned out to be a wonderful site - All the Staff were extremely friendly and the facilities were exceptionally clean).
We did use the site passes and our thought we as follows:
The sites (all) were becoming very tired in appearance. The pool at Easewell is pathetic as it is so small, my daughter (looking around whilst I tried to sort the issues) apparently said to my wife that they might as well offer a padding pool to each booking as people would have more space to swim.
The outside pool at Golden Coast, was good but they closed the slides every 20 minutes, for 20 minutes. At this park, the sports Bar offered very reasonably priced food but every surface was sticky and the Bar had a very musty smell. Something I could only describe as a mix of body odour, sweaty feet and urine.
Overall the experience was very poor. This obviously was once a very impressive development but a lack of investment is seriously holding it back. It’s nowhere near what it looks like on the website, that's for sure. It also has too few Staff...This is one area that if improved on, would make the experience more tolerable. In many ways this is the Blackpool of holiday parks. Some will love this and others won’t want to touch it with a barge pole. I’m deffinately in the latter group.

4 Thank Happy C
hull
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have been going to Devon for the past three years, we usually stay at one of the sister sites, Easwell is my favourite I have two children they are nine and seven, they had a great time, the site isn't very big so they where able to go off and play they loved the park and made many friends. The take away is handy it's mainly fried food but they did do a very good homemade curry. There is a small pool but the boys loved it and you can use the facilities on the other sites.
We had an all weathered putch with electric hook up, we stayed in our own tent and it is very reasonably priced, it is the cheapest out of the four sites and I also think it is the nicest.
Near by the campsite there is a lovely village called Morthoe and there are several good traditional pubs there which sell lovely home cooked food.therenis also a tearoom and a pretty gift shop in the village, woolacombe has a fantastic beach especially for body boarding and surfing, there are also plenty of good shops in the village. If you want to go somewhere very pretty go to croyde bay, the each is fantastic and in the village is an excellent ice cream parlour at the front of the surfing school.wenwill be returning there again next year..

1 Thank happycampersHull
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at Easewell Farm for a week in July this year. The site is clean and well organised. The shop has the basics that you might run out of and seemed quite reasonably priced. The toilets and washing up facilities were clean and there were plenty of them even though the park was full.
Located high up over the coast there are some fabulous views, not from every pitch but within a few yards. We stayed in the general camping area and you could choose to pitch wherever you liked, which is a bit of a mixed blessing I suppose but we found that people didn't set up too close.
The swimming pool, bar and meals are all fine but not stunning, for that you need to get on the regular bus and go to one of the other, busier sites in the group. This did mean that Easewell was very quiet on an evening, our two young children were never disturbed by others.
Woolacombe is lovely, so too is Ilfracombe and both are very close by.
Would I go back? Absolutely. In terms of value for money I'd rate this site 6 stars if I could since many sites would charge the same with none of the extra facilities that are provided within this group of parks.
Great family holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Conrad668
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On a whole it's an ok site if your not planning on spending much time there. The camping fields were good sized and good distance to facilities but selfish people set there tents up anywhere they feel like even when it's right next to you and you can here them shouting and messing about at all hours. There needs to be more staff presents to stop this kind of thing, the site shop needs expanding and opening later, the pool was nice but maybe a bit too small for the size of the site, showers and toilets were ok but could have been cleaner. The restaurant food as awful, would have been alright if not so expensive. However, links to the beach and walkways were great and transport to the other sites which were all much nicer then this one and with amazing facilities. I had a great holiday but none of that was due to this site. Worth a stay but only if your going to spend a lot of time elsewhere.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolacombe
Watersmeet Hotel
#3 of 20 in Ilfracombe
The Fortescue Arms
The Fortescue Arms
#3 of 4 in Woolacombe

Been to Easewell Farm Holiday Village? Share your experiences!