“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Woolacombe
Cuisines: Dutch, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: GJ's Dutch Pancake Bar is the only shop in England that specializes in sweet and savory pancakes. Service with a big S and the best pancakes are the only things on the menu.
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love this place !! Go there every time we are in Devon !! The owner I'm sure is the guy that works there very friendly x provides great service (wouldn't answer the phone while he has customers!! Fantastic rare find these days for people to put their customers first!! Thank you and keep up the great work !! I would suggest a slightly bigger unit where your customers could sit and eat in as I think you would defiantly get people coming up for 2nds!! I know my family would have done!! Your shop is so unique x there is nothing else like it no other pancake place I have visited is anywhere near as good!! I would suggest getting flyers made up x put in some holiday places to let people know where u are !! :)

2  Thank Nanoo2908

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is one of the finest pancake places we've been too & that includes Europe & America. Choice is amazing (the friendly owner will even make up something for you if he has the ingredients) & the cost is a fraction of what you'd pay in London or at an outdoor event catering van. (but there really is no comparison). They really are the yummiest pancakes around. We particularly recommend (in no order)...the Choccy (mmmm maltezers, ice cream , choccy sauce); Cherries, the Amsterdammer (heaven in a pancake -Cheese, bacon, tomato, mushroom, ham & brie ) & small people really loved the lemon/sugar combo & the strawberry jam. Open from 11am til late in the summer, otherwise closes at 4pm. Bench available inside & out when queuing also does hot & cold drinks & ....rain poncho's (well just in case :) ).
Don't just read this - go & eat there! (Can cater for gluten free too).

2  Thank R A
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've recently been to Woolacombe with my friends and one of the first places we spotted to eat was this pancake shop, not only are they the best pancakes in the world but it's the only pancake shop in the UK. The owner is incredibly friendly, welcoming and has a good sense of humour every time we went in, which was every day ! The range of choices are fantastic, or you can just make your own flavoured pancakes both sweet and savoury. I am 100% returning to this takeaway in following years to come!!

1  Thank Loulou0502
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Have just returned home from a week in Woolacombe with my husband,11 yr old Son,14yr old Daughter and her 14yr old friend ! Even though this is our third consecutive year in visiting Woolacombe it was our first for visiting GJ's.After their first visit though the kids went every day as the Nutella pancakes proved irresistable . The owner was a lovely man and deserved the queues that snaked out of his door onto the street.

2  Thank Maureen w
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We've been to coming to Woolacombe for 6 years now - this is our favourite place to grab a snack! The kids always insist on going here for pancakes - lots of flavours to choose from and create your own too!! Choccy, Banofee, Dutch Glory or Snickers?! Friendly service and always welcoming! Looking forward to next year already!! Definitely worth a visit...

1  Thank it03